Author Topic: Rumor: Merrick Garland on short list for Attorney General  (Read 244 times)

rangerrebew

Rumor: Merrick Garland on short list for Attorney General
« on: November 21, 2020, 04:39:56 pm »

Posted on November 20, 2020 by Paul Mirengoff in Joe Biden, Merrick Garland
Rumor: Merrick Garland on short list for Attorney General

Federal appeals court Judge Merrick Garland reportedly is among the people Joe Biden is seriously considering for the job of Attorney General. Others said to be on Biden’s short list include Sally Yates, Deval Patrick, and Doug Jones, fresh off of his defeat in the Alabama Senate race. (For what it’s worth, I’d be surprised if Jones were selected.)

Judge Garland was painted as a moderate by the mainstream media when Barack Obama nominated him to succeed Justice Scalia on the Supreme Court. Garland isn’t a radical, but that doesn’t make him a moderate. He’s a liberal.

However, from a conservative perspective, Biden could do worse than Garland for an Attorney General, assuming Garland proved to be more than a figurehead in that job. Indeed, I expect that Biden will do worse. I think he will select someone to the left of Garland (again, for what it’s worth).

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2020/11/rumor-merrick-garland-on-short-list-for-attorney-general.php

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Rumor: Merrick Garland on short list for Attorney General
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2020, 06:24:49 pm »
I doubt that.  the Rats want him on the SCOTUS, in order to push a thumb in Trump's eye.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2020, 06:33:50 pm »
I doubt that.  the Rats want him on the SCOTUS, in order to push a thumb in Trump's eye.

You make a good point.   I also think that he could take a lot more revenge against his GOP antagonist as AG.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2020, 06:50:58 pm »
You make a good point.   I also think that he could take a lot more revenge against his GOP antagonist as AG.

An AG Garland would be a thumb in the eye for a few years, but SCOTUS Associate Justice is for generations.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2020, 11:14:26 pm »
Cyber wrote:
"An AG Garland would be a thumb in the eye for a few years, but SCOTUS Associate Justice is for generations."

Garland was born in 1952.
He wouldn't last on the Supreme Court that long...

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2020, 11:28:01 pm »
Cyber wrote:
"An AG Garland would be a thumb in the eye for a few years, but SCOTUS Associate Justice is for generations."

Garland was born in 1952.
He wouldn't last on the Supreme Court that long...

Long enough to do serious damage.  RBG made horrible calls well past her death.
I will NOT comply.