Author Topic: Rural Oregon counties vote to discuss seceding from state to join ‘Greater Idaho’  (Read 306 times)

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
A deep political divide between urban and rural areas has conservative residents feeling ignored by the state government

A group called Move Oregon’s Border is leading an initiative to have Oregon’s rural counties secede from the rest of the state and join Idaho.

A group called Move Oregon's Border is leading an initiative to have Oregon's rural counties secede from the rest of the state and join Idaho.

Mike McCarter, 72, a retired plant nursery worker and lifelong Oregonian, has been leading the effort for almost two years. He said he and many others are eager to “get out from underneath the chokehold of Northwestern Oregon.”

“We’ve watched the shift take place in Oregon politics where the primary concern of the Legislature is Northwest Oregon. That’s where 78% of the state’s population is based. They tend to forget that every law that you pass in the state affects us out in the rural economies, too,” McCarter told Fox News.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/rural-oregon-vote-secede-greater-idaho
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
A deep political divide between urban and rural areas has conservative residents feeling ignored by the state government

A group called Move Oregon’s Border is leading an initiative to have Oregon’s rural counties secede from the rest of the state and join Idaho.

A group called Move Oregon's Border is leading an initiative to have Oregon's rural counties secede from the rest of the state and join Idaho.

Mike McCarter, 72, a retired plant nursery worker and lifelong Oregonian, has been leading the effort for almost two years. He said he and many others are eager to “get out from underneath the chokehold of Northwestern Oregon.”

“We’ve watched the shift take place in Oregon politics where the primary concern of the Legislature is Northwest Oregon. That’s where 78% of the state’s population is based. They tend to forget that every law that you pass in the state affects us out in the rural economies, too,” McCarter told Fox News.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/rural-oregon-vote-secede-greater-idaho

I hear more an more from my parts of how much better we'd be off with a #TEXIT move, especially has the left runs over us electorally like a steamrolling cheat machine.  Map lines are increadilby stable, but go back even 150+ years that  was not necessarily the case. 
And honestly,  I really don't want to see bloodshed, so both sides need to receptive to this.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline unite for individuality

• I think, therefore I am... a misfit!
There was a proposal years ago where
counties in Oregon and California
would secede from those two states
and form the State of Jefferson.
If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion,
mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.
   -- John Stuart Mill

Here are the 10 RINOs who voted to impeach Trump on Jan. 13, 2021 - NEVER forget!
WY  Liz Cheney      SC 7  Tom Rice             WA 4  Dan Newhouse    IL 16  Adam Kinzinger    OH 16  Anthony Gonzalez
MI 6  Fred Upton    WA 3  Jaime Herrera Beutler    MI 3  Peter Meijer       NY 24  John Katko       CA 21  David Valadao

Offline mountaineer

I don't blame them. If they do manage to accomplish this, I hope they take the sane parts of Washington with them.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline PeteS in CA

The State of Oregon is basically ruled by Portland and Eugene, +/- a few suburbs. The residents of these few populous cities oppress and exploit the counties that feed and shelter them. CA, WA, and other states are similar.

Vast numbers of productive people in this country are being exploited and driven to the wall by clueless city-dwellers, activist-crazies, and the excretions of ivory-tower academics.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.