Author Topic: First bump stock prosecution under Trump edict backfires in Houston  (Read 532 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Houston Chronicle by  Gabrielle Banks Nov. 17, 2020

The first case testing a Trump administration edict outlawing bump stocks failed during a brief federal bench trial in Tuesday in Houston.

A federal prosecutor withdrew the unique charge before the trial began for a Houston man accused of owning the device. However, the defense was prepared to call an ATF expert to testify that bump stocks, attachments that cause a rifle to fire more rapidly, do not render a semiautomatic gun a machine gun.

Senior U.S. District Judge Gray H. Miller convicted Ajay Dhingra, 44, on three remaining counts that he lied when he purchased a handgun, rifle and ammunition, and illegally possessed a weapon as a person who had been committed for mental illness.

More: https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/houston-texas/crime/article/First-bump-stock-prosecution-under-Trump-edict-15734194.php

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Rule #39
Re: First bump stock prosecution under Trump edict backfires in Houston
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2020, 11:57:37 pm »
They withdrew before they gave pro 2A folks precedent in future bumpstock cases.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2020, 03:13:12 am »
They withdrew before they gave pro 2A folks precedent in future bumpstock cases.

They also withdrew because they had him dead to rights on more serious crimes, it appears.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2020, 08:04:55 am »

@txradioguy

I understand the "preserve freedom" thing,but I will never understand why anyone who knows anything about shooting would even want a bump stock weapon.

I honestly have a hard time thinking of a firearms modification or accessory more useless.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!