Author Topic: 38% of Americans planning a big Thanksgiving despite COVID-19: survey  (Read 1605 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Re: 38% of Americans planning a big Thanksgiving despite COVID-19: survey
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2020, 09:07:36 pm »
Agreed, and agreed.  If they want me to open my door to them, they best have a warrant in hand.

:amen:
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online mountaineer

« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2020, 09:07:54 pm »
Governor Andy is gonna be SOL trying to enforce this.  What's he gonna do? Have the local LEOs drive around neighborhoods counting cars and what state their tags are from?
I fully expect that to happen in Pa., between Gov. Wolf, the tranny state health director and the Allegheny County health czar. I'm close to saying the hell with it and staying home, rather than go to my sister's house in Pittsburgh.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2020, 09:10:06 pm »
I fully expect that to happen in Pa., between Gov. Wolf, the tranny state health director and the Allegheny County health czar. I'm close to saying the hell with it and staying home, rather than go to my sister's house in Pittsburgh.

It's sad it's come to that.

You could always just put your car in her garage and keep the blinds closed.  :shrug:
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online mountaineer

« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2020, 09:43:39 pm »
It's sad it's come to that.

You could always just put your car in her garage and keep the blinds closed.  :shrug:
No room. Their antique cars occupy the garage!  :laugh:

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2020, 10:24:03 pm »
All of you are welcome to visit me this Thanksgiving.  I'll be out in the Gulf with 200+ colleagues eating turkey, lobster, cochon, and chateaubriand.  You'll need a boat though.
Have been on those rigs/platforms.

He ain't kidding on the good food.  Hi quality and plentiful.

Like ships  who eons ago learned that a full belly kept the sailors happy.

Have a wonderful holiday out there and trust the family stays safe while you are away gaining weight.
@Hoodat
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2020, 10:30:13 pm »
We will be doing Thanksgiving here
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2020, 10:51:30 pm »
Have a wonderful holiday out there and trust the family stays safe while you are away gaining weight.
@Hoodat

Thank you, @IsailedawayfromFR .  Will have Thanksgiving with family this Saturday before I go.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline dancer

« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2020, 11:05:56 am »
Well there's likely another 20% that are lying to the pollsters, so...
Good point.  I hope so.  Just sad what they're doing to the elderly.

Offline dancer

« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2020, 11:08:47 am »
Me and mine will pay all this no mind, regardless of what hardcore liberals may call for.

Turkey with all the trimmings, and a wild turkey with all the trimmings and a massive gehakt (Dutch meatloaf)... I expect somewhere between 30 and 50 for Turkey Day... And the old farmhouse will be rocking... Full of life, friends and family. That's what that ol house is for. Ain't no gubmint edict that will shut that off...
Sounds awesome!  Have a great time!

Offline dancer

« Reply #34 on: November 20, 2020, 11:12:09 am »
Don't let them spoil your day.  Just remember to close all the curtains so you can eat in peace.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #35 on: November 20, 2020, 06:30:46 pm »
With our son and daughter(-in-law) living near San Diego and another daughter currently in Oregon, we had our Thanksgiving dinner a week and a half ago, when our son and daughter(-in-law) came up for a visit. But even if we had all of us together we'd just be six of us.

I realized last evening a way to visibly "protest" this foolishness that wouldn't hinge on gathering for dinner next week. I ... will ... go ... to ... the ... store ... and .............. buy a turkey. Everyone who sees me will see the turkey, symbolic of Thanksgiving, but none will know it's headed for the freezer instead of for next Thursday's dinner table.

It's a measure of how stoooooooopid things have gotten that buying a turkey is a visible expression of defiance of tyranny and stupidity.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #36 on: November 20, 2020, 06:38:11 pm »
It's a measure of how stoooooooopid things have gotten that buying a turkey is a visible expression of defiance of tyranny and stupidity.
Some have joked that the Covid police would be watching the checkout lines at the supermarkets to see who bought a turkey that was too big for their immediate household. We know you're having people over! To the gulag!!

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #37 on: November 21, 2020, 06:33:14 pm »
45 of the 102 Mayflower passengers died in 1620-1621 never making it to the first Thanksgiving. That is a 44% mortality rate. Yet they found reason to pause and Thank God with a meal and celebration that lasted 3 days.  Yet many Governors are asking us to hide ourselves from others and even cancel or postpone Thanksgiving because of a 0.077% mortality. INSANE.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Online mountaineer

« Reply #38 on: November 21, 2020, 08:44:18 pm »
I'm a little embarrassed. Previously having said no bureaucrat would change my TG plans, Mr. M and I have decided not to travel to Pennsylvania to have TG dinner with relatives. Why?
The Secretary of Health issued an order requiring anyone who visits from another state to have a negative COVID-19 test within 72 hours prior to entering the commonwealth.
If someone cannot get a test or chooses not to, they must quarantine for 14 days upon arrival in Pennsylvania.
Pennsylvanians visiting other states are required to have a negative COVID-19 test within 72 hours prior to their return to the commonwealth, or to quarantine for 14 days upon return to Pennsylvania. This does NOT apply to people who commute to and from another state for work or medical treatment. ...

Is this a recommendation or requirement?
This is a requirement. The order is an enforceable disease control measure authorized by the Disease Prevention and Control Law.  ...

What does the order require?
Anyone who visits Pennsylvania from another state, including Pennsylvanians returning to the commonwealth, must get tested within 72 hours prior to entering the commonwealth. If an individual is unable to get a test, is waiting for test results, or chooses not to get a test, they must quarantine for 14 days upon arrival in our state. Visitors should stay in their quarantine location for the full 14 days prior to interacting with anyone outside their travel group or household.  ...
Pa. dept of health and fascism.

It just isn't worth it. I have to go to Pa on Wednesday for a hair appt, and will be trying to evade the politzei as it is. I figure they'll be out in force on Thanksgiving day.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #39 on: November 22, 2020, 12:57:10 am »
We usually don't have the large gatherings.  We don't have many friends in BHC yet, and a lot of them are elderly and don't want to risk it.  I'm OK with that, I may deliver plates or something.

Things got a lot less complicated when my family disowned me.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #40 on: November 22, 2020, 05:01:26 am »
45 of the 102 Mayflower passengers died in 1620-1621 never making it to the first Thanksgiving.

They would have been several years too late and many hundred miles off course since the first Thanksgiving took place in Virginia.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #41 on: November 22, 2020, 01:19:26 pm »
They would have been several years too late and many hundred miles off course since the first Thanksgiving took place in Virginia.
There have been plenty of services of thanksgiving over the centuries, and I can assure you that the Virginia celebration wasn't even close to being the first one, either.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024