Author Topic: New York Sheriffs: No, We Won’t Be Enforcing Cuomo’s Thanksgiving Restrictions  (Read 623 times)

Offline PeteS in CA

New York Sheriffs: No, We Won’t Be Enforcing Cuomo’s Thanksgiving Restrictions

https://hotair.com/archives/jazz-shaw/2020/11/17/new-york-sheriffs-no-wont-enforcing-cuomos-thanksgiving-restrictions/

New York Governor Andrew Cuomo threw caution to the wind this week and issued yet another mandate in the name of the pandemic. This time he said that he was limiting the number of people who could gather in private residences for Thanksgiving to a maximum of ten people. I’m fairly certain that, by this point, everyone knew that “pandemic fatigue” had been setting in and there was a limit as to how much of this government intrusion people were going to tolerate. Well, it appears that the horse has finally bucked, as the saying goes. A number of Sheriffs, primarily from upstate and Long Island, have now announced that they have no intention of attempting to enforce this rule. (NY Post)

In a scathing Facebook post on Saturday, Fulton County Sheriff Richard Giardino questioned the legality of Gov. Cuomo’s newly instituted 10-person cap on parties and other gatherings in private residences.

“Frankly, I am not sure it could sustain a Constitutional challenge in Court for several reasons including your house is your castle,” the sheriff wrote in the Saturday post.

“And as a Sheriff with a law degree I couldn’t in good faith attempt to defend it Court, so I won’t,” he said.

Giardino noted his office, with limited resources, has scant legal options to enter private homes other than search warrants, invitations or under an “emergency circumstance.”

Sheriff departments are typically spread pretty thin and have important things on which to expend their people and $$ resources. Cuomo needs his snout to be smartly rapped three ways: hard, fast, and continuously.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Hoodat

New York Sheriffs: No, We Won’t Be Enforcing Cuomo’s Thanksgiving Restrictions

Maybe they should enforce it at Cuomo's family Thanksgiving dinner.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline PeteS in CA

https://hotair.com/archives/jazz-shaw/2020/11/19/ny-governor-furious-cops-wont-enforce-thanksgiving-crackdown/

NY Governor “Furious” That Cops Won’t Enforce His Thanksgiving Crackdown

On Tuesday, we covered the news of New York Governor Andrew Cuomo’s edict stating that no more than ten people could gather in private residences for Thanksgiving and the response he received from numerous law enforcement agencies around the state. To put it kindly, none of the police departments or sheriffs were enthusiastic about taking on the job. To put it more bluntly, a lot of them flatly refused, pointing out the impossible scope of even attempting such a task. The Governor was asked about that response in a press conference yesterday and it’s obvious that his famously short temper had gotten the better of him again. (NY Post)

“I don’t believe as a law enforcement officer you have a right to pick and choose what laws you will enforce,” Cuomo told reporters Wednesday during an Albany-based press conference…

The third-term Democrat mimicked the defying cops: “‘Well I don’t believe in that law and therefore I won’t enforce it.’”

“That is frankly frightening to me as an individual, frightening to democracy, it’s arrogant and a violation of constitutional duty. “I didn’t say: I swear to uphold the laws that I agree with. I didn’t say that,” he continued.

Poor Goobernor SNF-Killer.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Well, come on people, it is not a 'Law' is it. At most it is a 'proclamation' from one person.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online DB

Cuomo: “That is frankly frightening to me as an individual, frightening to democracy, it’s arrogant and a violation of constitutional duty. “I didn’t say: I swear to uphold the laws that I agree with. I didn’t say that,” he continued.

Funny, what is a "sanctuary city" and ordering the police and immigration officials to stand down?

What is Antifa/BLM defacing/destroying public property and ordering the police to stand down?

And what authority does the governor have to make law - something that is the sole jurisdiction of the legislature?

What a lying putz...

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
This is a good thing.
This is when America puts 'politicians' in their place.
This is when America says, "Enough is enough."
This is when America says, OK so arrest me! Fine me! and FU!
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
"Frightening to democracy?" County sheriffs in New York are elected.

But his bypassing the legislature to trample on Constitutional rights is no problem. He's saving New York by separating families, fomenting fear and hysteria, and throwing the vulnerable to their deaths.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

rangerrebew

But, but - Imam B. Hussein Obama famously proclaimed people in law enforcement had a right to pick and choose what they would enforce.  It's a lot like the last election, many democrats chose to not enforce laws pertaining to vote counts and I've not heard him mule about that :whistle:

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
The third-term Democrat.  What a shame NY doesn't have term limits.    Maybe the people will wake up and end his time in Albany next election.   
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Hoodat

This is insane.  The fascist governor expects police to work overtime on Thanksgiving Day blanketing the State, peeking in dining room windows, and monitoring the number of cars in someone's driveway?

I am so sick of liberals trying to control other people's lives while demanding they approve and sanction their belief system.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
What's he going to do?  Stick them in a nursing home?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Justin Hart
@justin_hart

Business owners in Buffalo, NY demand “health inspector” leave private property. “Go get a warrant.” 

People have had enough of the #COVID19 tyranny curbing their life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

Video:  

https://twitter.com/justin_hart/status/1330261324119633923

4:26 PM · Nov 21, 2020·Twitter for iPhone