Author Topic: Election Fraud, Voter Fraud, and What Statutes of Limitations Tell Us by Dov Fischer  (Read 151 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Election Fraud, Voter Fraud, and What Statutes of Limitations Tell Us

Sorry, media, but fraud investigations cannot be conducted overnight.

by Dov Fischer
November 14, 2020, 12:01 AM

We all have heard of “the Statute of Limitations.” (Actually, we attorneys and law professors signal our insider status by referring to the “Limitations statutes.”) The theory of limitations statutes is that there has to be an outside limit on how long a plaintiff has to bring a legal action for redress. As time marches on, witnesses move, get hard to find, even die. Over time, documentary evidence gets destroyed, even accidentally, gets lost, gets eaten by the dog. And human memories fade. Side by side with those concerns, there is a public policy that even wrongdoers at some point have a right of repose. That is, it is plain wrong to allow a prospective plaintiff to hold something over a pending defendant’s head for years, even decades: “One of these days I will sue you for all you’ve got, but I first want you to suffer for years and years, always worrying about when the lawsuit will come.” So we push plaintiffs: bring your case with some promptness, or lose your claim.

The reality is that no one can just walk into a courtroom a week or two after a massive fraud has taken place and just lay all the fraud on the table. It takes weeks, months, and years to unpack this stuff.

On the other hand, though, the law recognizes that a case takes some time to put together. The more complicated the facts and complex the law, the more challenging it will be to uncover all the evidence and make a case stick. We all know that lawsuits typically take a year or more to resolve themselves. Two years is not unusual, nor even are three years. If you ever have had a simple car accident case, you know that it can take a year or more to go to trial or to reach settlement. The sands of the law grind slowly.

And investigations. Ask yourself: How long does a serious fact investigation take to uncover shenanigans? Well, think to the Mueller Investigation. Here was a Special Counsel with an unlimited budget and a legal team as numerous as a football squad, and they still needed two years to get to the bottom of … nothing. So Roger Stone got woken up in the middle of the night by a fully outfitted SWAT team, in cahoots with CNN, because he was more dangerous than the Black Lives Matter thugs who threaten restaurant patrons or Antifa goons who burn down stores, neither of whom merit such law enforcement. But besides getting Stone and Lt. Col. Michael Flynn, who also did nothing wrong, and some Russians who still are in Russia and are not rushin’ to come here, Mueller needed two years to investigate.

Likewise, look at the Durham Investigation (assuming there really is such an investigation going on or, for that matter, that there really is a living guy named Durham). He was launched in May 2019. It now is a year and a half later. Nice.

more
https://spectator.org/voter-fraud-election/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Polly Ticks

Interesting article, and the author makes a good point that it takes time to compile the evidence of fraud.  I'm not sure I understand what - if anything - he is advocating for, though.  He mentions that the statute of limitations for fraud is 3 years, but it's not like we can put the election results on hold for 3 years while we do the due diligence.  And it's not like we can install a president and then come back a year or two later and say 'oops'. 
 :shrug:
« Last Edit: November 14, 2020, 07:45:26 pm by Polly Ticks »
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Interesting article, and the author makes a good point that it takes time to compile the evidence of fraud.  I'm not sure I understand what - if anything - he is advocating for, though.  He mentions that the statue of limitations for fraud is 3 years, but it's not like we can put the election results on hold for 3 years while we do the due diligence.  And it's not like we can install a president and then come back a year or two later and say 'oops'. 
 :shrug:

@Polly Ticks

The "message" that *I* "get" and push is to find ONE indisputable and provable issue of a felony being committed,and focus on that like a laser beam.

Get an indictment and get a trial started,and then you can branch out later as you discover proof of more crimes.

Remember,your "target audience" is NOT your fellow Ivy League Law School yuppy insiders. It is Joe and Jane Sixpack,and what gets THEIR attention isn't some clever legal shenanigan,it's the actual damn initial crime,and the hope that somebody important is going to get spanked like a 3 dollar whore on live teebee.

Go after something THEY can understand and grasp onto,and tear it UP! Talk about it in front of the TV cameras like you are Rick Flair talking up a championship wrasslin match. Put some FIRE into it!

Maybe even shout out "WHOOO!" a few times.

Hell,talk about his mama,if that's what it takes,but GET SOME MEDIA AND PUBLIC ATTENTION!

Do that,and you will have all the time in the world to build up a bigger case.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2020, 06:32:54 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Polly Ticks

Do that,and you will have all the time in the world to build up a bigger case.

I suppose that's true, for what it's worth. Various media outlets - including NY Times, IIRC? - were still doing recounts of the Bush/Gore 2000 Florida votes years later. 

But functionally speaking, in terms of inaugurating a president as required in January, we just don't have that much time to make the case.

And unlike Bush v Gore, we are not the ones sitting on a lead.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
There's a clock ticking here, and each day it ticks more loudly.

"The date of reckoning" is December 8.
That's not that far away.

My prediction is that the important cases will fail in Georgia, Pennsylvania and Michigan. Just not enough time left to do the investigative work necessary to make the case.

Unless... someone who was directly involved in "the steal" comes forward with some VERY damning evidence that blows everything up.

The democrat-communists built an underground fraud machine so extensive that without some prior knowledge it was impossible to rout out and overcome in the short time frame between election day and December 8.

They've won this one.
Illegally? Of course.
But that makes little difference now.

Mr. Trump's legal appeals are destined to fall short.
I wish it weren't so, and I'd like to be proven wrong.
But I call 'em as I see 'em.
And that's what I see here.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
There's a clock ticking here, and each day it ticks more loudly.

"The date of reckoning" is December 8.
That's not that far away.

My prediction is that the important cases will fail in Georgia, Pennsylvania and Michigan. Just not enough time left to do the investigative work necessary to make the case.

Unless... someone who was directly involved in "the steal" comes forward with some VERY damning evidence that blows everything up.

The democrat-communists built an underground fraud machine so extensive that without some prior knowledge it was impossible to rout out and overcome in the short time frame between election day and December 8.

They've won this one.
Illegally? Of course.
But that makes little difference now.

Mr. Trump's legal appeals are destined to fall short.
I wish it weren't so, and I'd like to be proven wrong.
But I call 'em as I see 'em.
And that's what I see here.

@Fishrrman

Sadly,I agree.

Which means that soon we will need the bullet box because the ballot box has failed us. The timing depends on the Dims,but the act itself seems like an absolutely certainty to me at this point.

I ain't happy about it,but there it is.

I suggest those of you who are patriots and in a position to observe the movement of prominent leftists and make VERY public announcements if you see what looks to be a movement by them to suddenly leave the country. When the prominent ones start heading out to places like cattle ranches in Argentina,it will be time to take action.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Sneakin' Pete wrote:
"Which means that soon we will need the bullet box because the ballot box has failed us. The timing depends on the Dims,but the act itself seems like an absolutely certainty to me at this point."

Please take a moment to read this post:
http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,419737.msg2325220.html#msg2325220

And this one (which expands on the first one):
http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,419614.msg2325876.html#msg2325876