Author Topic: Thoughts in a Dark Time (Prager)  (Read 282 times)

Offline corbe

Thoughts in a Dark Time (Prager)
« on: November 12, 2020, 01:02:18 pm »
Thoughts in a Dark Time

An unprecedented moment in American history.

Thu Nov 12, 2020 Dennis Prager

As there is too much to say in the space of one column, I will simply offer some thoughts on the state of the country a week after the 2020 elections.

No. 1: While I am not certain the reported election results are dishonest, I suspect they are. Worse, about half this country believes this, too.

This is unprecedented in American history.

One might counter that this is not unprecedented, that this was precisely what half the American electorate felt in 2000, when many Democrats rejected the 2000 Supreme Court decision regarding Florida's ballot counting. But that was entirely different. No one alleged widespread Republican fraud in the election of George W. Bush. The issue in that extremely close election involved a faulty voting system that resulted in hand recounts using differing ballot-counting standards from one jurisdiction to the next. Liberal justices joined the 7-2 vote in ruling for Bush that the recounts could not constitutionally go forward.

Therefore, the fact that nearly half the country is far from certain that Joe Biden was honestly elected is unprecedented.

<..snip..>

https://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/2020/11/thoughts-dark-time-dennis-prager/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline corbe

Re: Thoughts in a Dark Time (Prager)
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2020, 01:08:35 pm »
   Dark Time indeed.  Metaphorically speaking, I sometimes wonder if I'm occupying a small space on the Dark Side of the Moon or a small dense corner of a Dark Spot on the Sun, shall I ever see the Light of Truth again?
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2020, 01:17:38 pm »
While I am not certain the reported election results are honest,  I suspect they are.    With that statement,  I apparently separate myself from most of this board still raging at the apparent defeat of their Patron Saint of Chaos. 

I guess there is to be no healing among this crew,  no happiness at the remarkable success of the GOP in defying the pollsters to earn gains in the House,  the probable retention of the Senate,  the rejection of tax hikes and hard-left initiatives even in places like California and Illinois,  and the utter repudiation of Eric Holder's initiative to flip statehouses and state legislatures ahead of the 2020 census.  Plus there's now a conservative majority in the Supreme Court.   

We need to keep on fighting,  but not in the flailing, nihilistic way that Trump has.   The system works.  Accept the results,  be happy they weren't far worse as the "experts" predicted,  and understand that the American Project has always been about accepting outcomes because the opportunity to change those outcomes will arise in the very next election cycle. 

Dark times?   Horse manure!  Stop picking at scabs and let not your hearts be troubled. 

« Last Edit: November 12, 2020, 01:22:23 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline LMAO

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2020, 02:31:40 pm »
@Jazzhead

While some on this board would call you unflinchingly optimistic,  everything you typed is absolutely true.

I do think some of Trump’s pro growth policies are going to be overturned.  That just goes with the ideology of whatever president is in the White House at the moment.  So in that sense, I think some of the pessimism is justified, at least in the short term.

Two things that the current president proved could be done was we could become energy independent  and the GOP can attract non-white voters. The GOP needs to build on these in the coming years. The Democratic Parties  only message to non-white voters is everyone  who disagrees with us is a racist. Just ignore the collapsing cities we run with failing schools and unsafe streets.

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2020, 02:42:09 pm »
While I am not certain the reported election results are honest,  I suspect they are.    With that statement,  I apparently separate myself from most of this board still raging at the apparent defeat of their Patron Saint of Chaos. 

I guess there is to be no healing among this crew,  no happiness at the remarkable success of the GOP in defying the pollsters to earn gains in the House,  the probable retention of the Senate,  the rejection of tax hikes and hard-left initiatives even in places like California and Illinois,  and the utter repudiation of Eric Holder's initiative to flip statehouses and state legislatures ahead of the 2020 census.  Plus there's now a conservative majority in the Supreme Court.   

We need to keep on fighting,  but not in the flailing, nihilistic way that Trump has.   The system works.  Accept the results,  be happy they weren't far worse as the "experts" predicted,  and understand that the American Project has always been about accepting outcomes because the opportunity to change those outcomes will arise in the very next election cycle. 

Dark times?   Horse manure!  Stop picking at scabs and let not your hearts be troubled.

You realize that if your fantasy of "no fraud" in this election is false, the same treatment could be applied to the two January GA Senate Seats, resulting in Schumer as Majority Leader.  If that happens it is a certainty that 10-15M illegal voters are added to the rolls, and ramroding the NGD. 

Your trust in the "system" just screams your naitvity
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2020, 02:55:16 pm »
corbe is on my "forever ignore" blacklist, but...
I was about to post this article myself, and found it already posted.

I would encourage everyone toward it.
An excellent piece worth reading in its entirety.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2020, 03:40:02 pm »
@Jazzhead

While some on this board would call you unflinchingly optimistic,  everything you typed is absolutely true.

I do think some of Trump’s pro growth policies are going to be overturned.  That just goes with the ideology of whatever president is in the White House at the moment.  So in that sense, I think some of the pessimism is justified, at least in the short term.

Two things that the current president proved could be done was we could become energy independent  and the GOP can attract non-white voters. The GOP needs to build on these in the coming years. The Democratic Parties  only message to non-white voters is everyone  who disagrees with us is a racist. Just ignore the collapsing cities we run with failing schools and unsafe streets.

Thanks, @LMAO.   Despite what many think of me,  I largely support Trump's policies and his emphasis on advocating for working wage earners.   But I have been afraid for months now that his politics of chaos were turning off sufficient numbers of voters to doom his reelection.

Turns out, unfortunately, that I was right,  and that Trump has reacted as many have predicted - with rage and selfish determination to salt the ground.

Meanwhile in January we face another election in Georgia that will be crucial to conservatives' ability to thwart the prog agenda,  and we can't get Trump to just shut the flip up about himself and consider the good of the nation.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2020, 03:42:04 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide