Author Topic: Building a New, Less Cowardly Republican Party  (Read 2280 times)

Offline roamer_1

Re: Building a New, Less Cowardly Republican Party
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2020, 06:41:55 am »
No ... I have tangible proof in my argument.  I know its there---I can watch it fly right over your head.   :shrug:

LOL! Then prove it.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2020, 06:46:15 am »
No.  You stopped debating my assertion that Conservatives are not the base of the Republican Party.

No, actually I agree with that - More conservatives stand outside the Republican Party than in it. But according to its rhetoric, Republicans claim Conservatism and a Conservative agenda, to the point of conflating Republican and Conservative as being one and the same...

Thus the lie. Thus the reason the Conservative agenda is never put forward, and never wins. Because the Republicans don't want it to... And actively block its fruition....

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2020, 06:46:59 am »
If conservatives are not the base then the head is not adheared with anything other than duct tape.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2020, 06:48:21 am »
If conservatives are not the base then the head is not adheared with anything other than duct tape.

Conservatives are not the base.   :shrug:  It's always been a center-right political party. 

« Last Edit: November 11, 2020, 06:49:52 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Sighlass

« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2020, 06:56:44 am »
Conservatives are not the base.   :shrug:  It's always been a center-right political party. 

Shifting Sand (Matthew 7:24).... not a good foundation.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2020, 07:01:56 am »

... And always shifting to the left to boot...  *****rollingeyes*****

« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2020, 07:02:45 am »

Actually, the sand is not shifting.  Center-right are the roots the Republican Party is founded on.

Offline Absalom

« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2020, 06:09:37 pm »
Democrats serve their far left base, pushing always for that hard left edge.
Republicans serve the moderate left, always pushing away from their conservative base, and away from the right. You do the math. It ain't no grand mystery.
-------------------------------------
Roamer, history confirms you assessment.
The great empires/nations/states, among them Rome and Britain,
were galvanized by the ideas/principles of their wise while politics
remained the hobby-horse of their self-absorbed assholery.

Offline Absalom

« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2020, 07:07:05 pm »
Actually, the sand is not shifting.  Center-right are the roots the Republican Party is founded on.
------------------------------
Utter nonsense.
Firstly, Principles have nothing to do w/politics, the hobby-horse of frauds and hustlers.
Secondly, the right/left split defined the French Assembly in 1789, w/ supporters of the
King on the right and of the Revolution on the left; it had absolutely zero to do w/Principle.
The GOP was an Anti-slavery Party representing the Northern Merchant Class.
The Party supported faddish progressive left impulses and sentiments, then all the rage
across Europe; during their 75 year political ascendancy from Fremont in 1856 till Hoover.
Its pillars were strong centralized government, aggressive trade protectionism and judicial activism.

« Last Edit: November 11, 2020, 07:10:20 pm by Absalom »

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2020, 07:12:50 pm »
-------------------------------------
Roamer, history confirms you assessment.
The great empires/nations/states, among them Rome and Britain,
were galvanized by the ideas/principles of their wise while politics
remained the hobby-horse of their self-absorbed assholery.

That's right @Absalom ... but then, which won out in the end? It is the nature of republics to go the way of assholery and wind up under tyrants... That's what happens and that's where we are without a massive awakening and utter repentance.

And with the current tenor of the 'debate', I have no confidence whatsoever in either awakening or repentance.

Offline Absalom

« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2020, 07:51:52 pm »
That's right @Absalom ... but then, which won out in the end? It is the nature of republics to go the way of assholery and wind up under tyrants... That's what happens and that's where we are without a massive awakening and utter repentance.
And with the current tenor of the 'debate', I have no confidence whatsoever in either awakening or repentance.
---------------------------
Intuitive as usual.
Since we are flawed and mortal; history, sadly affirms your assertion;
so perhaps the best we can expect is a postponement of the inevitable.
As you're well aware, Rome survived and thrived for some 12 centuries,
yet fell, although they absorbed the Wisdom of Greece while adhering
to the Principles that birthed them.
So to w/Britain, who absorbed and adhered to the Ideas of some of
history's greatest minds.
We, who are a tad past 200 years, insist "we are the greatest!!!"
Hmm.........; which begs the question, compared to whom?????

Offline Sighlass

« Reply #36 on: November 12, 2020, 12:47:44 am »

I wholeheartedly disagree, what was Center-right years ago has now shifted so far left that now you could not distinguish them from the left 20 years ago.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #37 on: November 12, 2020, 12:52:21 am »
I wholeheartedly disagree, what was Center-right years ago has now shifted so far left that now you could not distinguish them from the left 20 years ago.

And the left of twenty years ago has now gone full bore Marxist.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sighlass

« Reply #38 on: November 12, 2020, 02:15:32 am »
And the left of twenty years ago has now gone full bore Marxist.

Yep

« Reply #39 on: November 12, 2020, 04:08:51 am »

Firstly, Principles have nothing to do w/politics, the hobby-horse of frauds and hustlers.  ---

And yet, this is how our society has chosen to make things happen. 

Choke on it.

« Reply #40 on: November 12, 2020, 04:11:20 am »

And this proves the assertion that conservatives are the base of the Republican Party, how?

@Sighlass

Offline Sighlass

« Reply #41 on: November 12, 2020, 05:38:21 am »
And yet, this is how our society has chosen to make things happen. 

Choke on it.

I honestly think you would support abortion and banning guns next week if you thought it would advance the GOP. Perhaps you already do.

Offline Sighlass

« Reply #42 on: November 12, 2020, 05:46:10 am »
And this proves the assertion that conservatives are the base of the Republican Party, how?

@Sighlass

It proves that conservatives have not drawn a line in the sand as I have and because they haven't we get Laodicean politicians. The lesser of two evils gave us no victor ludorum in the long run.

« Reply #43 on: November 12, 2020, 06:37:06 am »
I honestly think you would support abortion and banning guns next week if you thought it would advance the GOP. Perhaps you already do.

I honestly think you have no idea what the hell you are talking about.   None.

No one supports Donald Trump to "advance the GOP" --- Americans support Donald Trump to advance something greater.

And I do not support abortion or banning guns.  So I would appreciate it if you would stop blowing on dog whistles because you're unable to support your own stated POV.  @Sighlass

« Last Edit: November 12, 2020, 12:33:56 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline dancer

« Reply #44 on: November 12, 2020, 08:40:43 am »
Intuitive.
Trump lost by more than 5,000,000 votes for a very obvious reason;
the election was a vote of "no confidence" in him, which the GOP escaped.
Last count I saw, President Trump is @73,000,000 and still counting.  Pedo-Joe's numbers are going down as the illegal votes have been found and tossed.  It is not a "no confidence" election.  They have found large numbers of Trump ballots in landfills, commercial trucks and dumpsters.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #45 on: November 12, 2020, 08:46:35 am »
Last count I saw, President Trump is @73,000,000 and still counting.  Pedo-Joe's numbers are going down as the illegal votes have been found and tossed.  It is not a "no confidence" election.  They have found large numbers of Trump ballots in landfills, commercial trucks and dumpsters.

The problem is, that really doesn't mean anything. Without chain of custody, there is no way to tell if they are real ballots or fake, and no way to tell which side put em there.

Offline dancer

« Reply #46 on: November 12, 2020, 08:47:55 am »
Our Republican leaders are not cowards.  They are complicit.  They want their old pay to play system back.  Trump has upset their Globalist/Anti-America First apple cart.

Offline dancer

« Reply #47 on: November 12, 2020, 09:06:05 am »
The problem is, that really doesn't mean anything. Without chain of custody, there is no way to tell if they are real ballots or fake, and no way to tell which side put em there.
They have it all recorded.  That "meeting" Trump just had at the Landscaping Co.?  It was to call attention to the crematorium on that lot.  That is where Dems in Philadelphia  brought cases of ballots and burned the evidence.  Or so they thought.  LOL  Trump is a master at jerking their chains.  It amuses me to think about how uncomfortable those officials must have been.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #48 on: November 12, 2020, 09:08:43 am »
They have it all recorded.  That "meeting" Trump just had at the Landscaping Co.?  It was to call attention to the crematorium on that lot.  That is where Dems in Philadelphia  brought cases of ballots and burned the evidence.  Or so they thought.  LOL  Trump is a master at jerking their chains.  It amuses me to think about how uncomfortable those officials must have been.

All that makes for is great theater... Wait and see what makes it through the court, where the requirements for evidence are a shade stricter than in the scandal sheets and the public square.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #49 on: November 12, 2020, 12:27:03 pm »
All that makes for is great theater... Wait and see what makes it through the court, where the requirements for evidence are a shade stricter than in the scandal sheets and the public square.

So, you still think that democrats didn’t wholesale cheat for this Biden “win?” That’s simply not credible in the face of documented, mounting evidence of “irregularities” in democrat controlled jurisdictions. Let the sunshine in, roam. Trump got 9 million more votes this election than he did in ‘16 and was on track for the win. Democrats cheated because they hated Trump even more than you do.