Author Topic: Don’t Believe the Hype: GOP Favored in Georgia Runoffs By John Fund  (Read 652 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
   Don’t Believe the Hype: GOP Favored in Georgia Runoffs
By John Fund

November 8, 2020 9:08 PM

Democrats are pouring in money, but Republicans have the stronger ground game.

I t looks as if control of the Senate will be determined by a pair of January runoff elections in Georgia.

Democrats insist they will win both seats and tie the Senate 50-50 (with Vice President Kamala Harris breaking the tie). But history is not on their side.

Republicans have won every statewide runoff vote in state history, an unbroken string that started in 1992.

Democrats counter by saying that Georgia is changing, and record turnout of mail-in ballots made the difference in giving Joe Biden his current lead in the state.

Political groups have already spent over $173 million on the Georgia Senate races this fall. A multiple of that is likely to be spent over the next two months before the January 5 runoffs.

But Republicans like their chances no matter how many millions Democrats spend. The Biden campaign, worried that its volunteers were scared of COVID-19, did almost no door-knocking until the final weeks of the campaign.

By contrast, Republicans built up their ground game and fully deployed it this year in Georgia. CNN reports that “they have a big head start in terms of collaboration on the ground, voter selection, and messaging.”

more
https://www.nationalreview.com/2020/11/dont-believe-the-hype-gop-favored-in-georgia-runoffs/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Re: Don’t Believe the Hype: GOP Favored in Georgia Runoffs By John Fund
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2020, 03:43:42 pm »
Doesn't mean we can't lose. We need to be vigilant. Take nothing for granted.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2020, 03:50:02 pm »
Doesn't mean we can't lose. We need to be vigilant. Take nothing for granted.

:yowsa:  :amen:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline skeeter

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2020, 03:52:10 pm »
:yowsa:  :amen:
If mail in voting is still in effect the rats may already have the votes staged and ready to go.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2020, 04:16:20 pm »
Precedent is set.  Dims have proven that they can steal elections unabated.  We are the underdogs now, and need to treat these two GOP races like our lives depend on it.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2020, 04:22:35 pm »
Precedent is set.  Dims have proven that they can steal elections unabated.  We are the underdogs now, and need to treat these two GOP races like our lives depend on it.
I don’t know who’s in charge of printing up and distributing the ballots in GA, but I hope they’re allowing for some traceability.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2020, 04:24:53 pm »
I don’t know who’s in charge of printing up and distributing the ballots in GA, but I hope they’re allowing for some traceability.

GOP needs a fraud task force and legal team set up beforehand. Voters need to GTFO and vote. This ain't the time for infighting.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2020, 11:54:34 pm »
From the article:
"But Republicans like their chances no matter how many millions Democrats spend. The Biden campaign, worried that its volunteers were scared of COVID-19, did almost no door-knocking until the final weeks of the campaign."

Who needs to knock on doors, when you have machines that grind out phony votes by the thousands...?

Addendum:
Maybe it's time for the Republicans to call out for "observers" from the UN to monitor the voting...
(I'm only half-kidding...)
« Last Edit: November 09, 2020, 11:56:39 pm by Fishrrman »

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2020, 11:59:21 pm »
If mail in voting is still in effect the rats may already have the votes staged and ready to go.

That's my guess as well..
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online cato potatoe

« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2020, 01:41:30 am »
Loeffler is not a strong candidate, and the Atlanta suburbs have swung wildly to the left.  We probably retain Perdue's seat if enough resources are applied. 

I hope there is a slosh back to historic voting patterns after Trump is gone.  We'll have a difficult time in Texas, North Carolina, and Georgia without the suburbs.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2020, 02:23:33 am »
Abrams has already announced she intends to throw her weight into the race to deliver those two seats.

Let the rowdiness begin.  Eh, @Wingnut ?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online Hoodat

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2020, 03:29:36 am »
Georgia Senators Loeffler, Perdue Release Joint Statement Calling On GA Secretary Of State To Resign

He said NO...

Raffensperger declined to step down, saying in a statement, “That is not going to happen.”
« Last Edit: November 10, 2020, 03:31:40 am by mystery-ak »
Support the USO

Offline skeeter

« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2020, 03:30:10 am »
Abrams has already announced she intends to throw her weight into the race to deliver those two seats.

Let the rowdiness begin.  Eh, @Wingnut ?

Abrams has already announced she intends to throw her weight into two seats... it’s better to be safe than sorry.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2020, 03:30:59 am »
Loeffler is not a strong candidate, and the Atlanta suburbs have swung wildly to the left.  We probably retain Perdue's seat if enough resources are applied.

Loeffler will turn out to be a stronger candidate than Perdue, but both are excellent compared to what we've had in the past.  I will take Loeffler any day of the week over Johnny Isakson.

Both of these should be a slam dunk for the GOP.  Typically, runoffs go their way easily since Dems don't turn out.  However, I suspect fraud Dem votes will be just as plentiful this go around as they were last week.  A good gauge will be Dekalb County.  If Dem turnout exceeds 300k, then the fix is in.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2020, 04:50:32 am »
Both GOPers win by 4-5 points.