Author Topic: We’re Supposed To Believe The GOP Had A Great Election Night Except For President?  (Read 1125 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 We’re Supposed To Believe The GOP Had A Great Election Night Except For President?

It would be mystifying if Republicans won more seats in the House, retained the Senate, and picked up state legislative seats, all while the same voters voted against Trump.

By Joy Pullmann
November 5, 2020

Since Joe Biden was picked to be the Democratic Party’s presidential puppet, we have been told he would win the presidency by a blowout. Political media has been speculating eagerly about another “blue wave” that would wash over the nation in line with their preposterous polls showing Biden winning by as much as 17 or even more points.

Byron York
@ByronYork
A week ago, the Washington Post, citing its new poll, reported that Biden had a 17-point lead over Trump in Wisconsin, 57 percent to 40 percent. What an utter, complete, total embarrassment. Current actual difference: 7/10 of one percent. https://washingtonpost.com/politics/2020/

Two weeks before the election, the “nonpartisan” Cook’s Political Report predicted an expanded Democrat majority in the House, a “net gain of five to ten seats to a gain of between five and 15 seats.” On election day, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and House Democrat campaign chairwoman Rep. Cheri Bustos predicted Democrats “would not only defend gains made in 2018 but flip districts thought to be in safe Republican territory.”

Last week, Democrats told the Washington Post, which described the party as “awash in cash,” they expected to flip as many as 15 House seats on Biden’s presumed presidential coattails. That didn’t happen at all. In fact, the opposite did. Now as localities run by Democrats “count” votes under suspicious circumstances, we are supposed to believe that voters selected coattails detached from a coat?

more
https://thefederalist.com/2020/11/05/were-supposed-to-believe-the-gop-had-a-great-election-night-except-for-president/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
We need to defend the Senate.

Offline skeeter

Then look at some odd differences between this amazing night for Republicans in downballot races and the incongruent results for Trump in just a few key states — key states that happen to be the ones everyone knew would be crucial to Trump’s path to victory, and all of which began to have “voting irregularities” and pauses in vote counting as Trump appeared to command the lead while closing in on final vote totals.

@Jazzhead

• Technical
Honestly yes, they're never Trumpers who voted for downballot races, but not Trump, who they dislike for whatever reason. It can happen.

Offline skeeter

Honestly yes, they're never Trumpers who voted for downballot races, but not Trump, who they dislike for whatever reason. It can happen.
Only in the handful of states known to be those Trump needed to win?

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
The vote tallies in my heavily Republican county showed the opposite in the Senate race.  Trump outperformed McSally by 2%.  She is not well-liked here because we think she hates us. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

• Technical
Only in the handful of states known to be those Trump needed to win?

Our GOP governor won overwhelmingly here, while Trump lost by like 7% or something. So not just where Trump needed to win.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
The basic direction of the expressed will of the voters seems reasonably clear and even rational to me - they want Trumpism without the Trump.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2020, 05:49:59 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline LegalAmerican

The basic direction of the expressed will of the voters seems reasonably clear and even rational to me - they want Trumpism without the Trump.

:mauslaff:   Just shows the crazy, if that is true.  IT ISN'T. 

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

What's equally clear to me is you have apparently ignored the comments addressed to you about the ridiculousness of "Trumpism without the Trump."
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline LegalAmerican

What's equally clear to me is you have apparently ignored the comments addressed to you about the ridiculousness of "Trumpism without the Trump."

:thumbsup:

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
We need to defend the Senate.

At all cost, if we don't get to 51.  I am hedging we got about a 50 - 75% chance of running the table NC, GA1, and AK.  I am thinking at worst we have a GA1 / GA2 double runoff.  If we do, we need to flood the state with every election attorney in the country that we can find.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline AL

Tell ya what folks, from where I sit there needs some election reform.  First of all we have 50 variations of taking a poll, how flucking stupid is that?  All elections should be conducted under one federal law protecting the integrity of the poll.  Mail in ballots of any type need to be abolished, wherever you are registered, that is where you must go in person to cast a ballot.  The Federal government should set up digital ballots for use in each state.  The polling stations should be staffed by US regular Army.  The ballot counting needs to be conducted by the US Army using automated scanning and counting software.  Voter ID is a valid drivers license or social security card.  One day for voting, no exceptions.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Tell ya what folks, from where I sit there needs some election reform.  First of all we have 50 variations of taking a poll, how flucking stupid is that?  All elections should be conducted under one federal law protecting the integrity of the poll.  Mail in ballots of any type need to be abolished, wherever you are registered, that is where you must go in person to cast a ballot.  The Federal government should set up digital ballots for use in each state.  The polling stations should be staffed by US regular Army.  The ballot counting needs to be conducted by the US Army using automated scanning and counting software.  Voter ID is a valid drivers license or social security card.  One day for voting, no exceptions.

There is a Federal law governing Presidential elections, and I agree it needs updating. Of all the flaws in the system, the patchwork rules on counting ballots are the worst. Mail-in ballots runs a close second.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2020, 08:27:57 pm by Cyber Liberty »
I will NOT comply.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
How does that old saying go about "Mrs. Lincoln" and "the play"....?

On the topic of mail-in ballots:

Offline roamer_1

No. Putting feds in charge of electing themselves? That is an horrifying creature far worse than the devil(s) we know.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
No. Putting feds in charge of electing themselves? That is an horrifying creature far worse than the devil(s) we know.

The beginning of the end of the Republic will be when the States cede their sovereignty to the federal leviathan.   It's messy and inefficient,  but each State must retain the ability to make the rules for choosing its own elected representatives.

Offline roamer_1

The beginning of the end of the Republic will be when the States cede their sovereignty to the federal leviathan.   It's messy and inefficient,  but each State must retain the ability to make the rules for choosing its own elected representatives.

Exactly right. What federal election law exists is there to provide a sparing framework only. Sovereignty belongs in the States respectively (in almost all things, rule-of-thumb). In this specifically, there can be no question.

:beer:

Offline dfwgator

So why didn't this happen in Ohio?   The States of Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio and Pennsylvania usually march in lockstep.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter

It did happen.  All over the country.   Remember Eric Holder's big push to raise boatloads of money to flip statehouses and state legislatures in advance of the 2020 census?    'Twas an utter failure - the Dems failed to pick up a single new legislative chamber or statehouse, and the GOP now controls all branches of government in two more states,  New Hampshire and Montana,  and expanded legislative majorities in Florida and North Carolina (source: WSJ).   

Republicans did remarkably well this Tuesday!   Voters may have been sick and tired of Trump,  but not of Republicans generally.   Seems like a lot of us, wittingly or otherwise, were hoping for the bank shot.     Biden's failure to run on the Dems' progressive wish list was purposeful,  but it leaves him with absolutely mandate other than not being Trump and being a good boy and wearing his mask.

Let's unite around winning the Georgia run-offs.   Can we manage to do that?   How many here fear, as I do,  that Trump will decline to help,  and wallow in fantasies of conspiracy and betrayal?       

« Last Edit: November 06, 2020, 02:01:57 pm by Jazzhead »

Offline andy58-in-nh

In truth, it's hard to believe anything when you can't trust the electoral process to be both fair and transparent.

Welcome to the Third World, people. Our cities are run by one-party crooks who routinely lie, steal and bribe to keep it that way.

Maybe next time, we ought to invite African and Central American election observers to America in order to ensure that our vote counting was done honestly.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

Let's unite around winning the Georgia run-offs.   Can we manage to do that?   How many here fear, as I do,  that Trump will decline to help,  and wallow in fantasies of conspiracy and portrayal?     

Precedent has been set by the Fulton County Ballot Generation Team.  Another post of mass gullibility thinking the democrats are going to play fair in those one or two runoffs.  Fantasy in Portrayal?  LMAO....WTF are you talking about?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Precedent has been set by the Fulton County Ballot Generation Team.  Another post of mass gullibility thinking the democrats are going to play fair in those one or two runoffs.  Fantasy in Portrayal?  LMAO....WTF are you talking about?

Oops, darn spellcheck.   The post is corrected:  "conspiracy and betrayal".   Not "portrayal".

« Last Edit: November 06, 2020, 02:06:18 pm by Jazzhead »

• Technical
It did happen.  All over the country.   Remember Eric Holder's big push to raise boatloads of money to flip statehouses and state legislatures in advance of the 2020 census?    'Twas an utter failure - the Dems failed to pick up a single new legislative chamber or statehouse, and the GOP now controls all branches of government in two more states,  New Hampshire and Montana,  and expanded legislative majorities in Florida and North Carolina (source: WSJ).   

Republicans did remarkably well this Tuesday!   Voters may have been sick and tired of Trump,  but not of Republicans generally.   Seems like a lot of us, wittingly or otherwise, were hoping for the bank shot.     Biden's failure to run on the Dems' progressive wish list was purposeful,  but it leaves him with absolutely mandate other than not being Trump and being a good boy and wearing his mask.

Let's unite around winning the Georgia run-offs.   Can we manage to do that?   How many here fear, as I do,  that Trump will decline to help,  and wallow in fantasies of conspiracy and betrayal?     

The GOP governor won by like 30 points or something here.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
Oops, darn spellcheck.   The post is corrected:  "conspiracy and betrayal".   Not "portrayal".

He He....  I knew what you meant.   :beer: