Author Topic: Joe Biden won't have to worry about working with Republicans, he'll have to worry about Democrats  (Read 151 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Joe Biden won't have to worry about working with Republicans, he'll have to worry about Democrats
by Eddie Scarry, Commentary Writer |
 | November 04, 2020 10:52 PM

Sen. Amy Klobuchar, Democrat of Minnesota, said Wednesday on CNN that Joe Biden as president is her party's best outcome, given that from what we see so far, the election has not been very good for congressional Democrats.

"Given that we didn’t win every seat that we wanted, I actually can’t think of a better person for that time than Joe Biden," she said. "He’s someone that can work with people regardless of where they come from and what their political view is.”

Wishful thinking. As of this writing, the race for president hasn't been called, but should Biden end up in the White House, it's not Republicans that he's going to have to worry about. It's his own party.

Biden, throughout the 2020 Democratic primary, was certainly a fossil trying to revive itself and artificially adapt to the party's seismic shift to the left. But he's been in Washington for decades and knows that at least the first two years of his presidency will produce virtually no major legislation that Democrats have on their wishlist. That's no "Green New Deal," no repeal of Right to Work, and no further overhauls in healthcare or any other industry.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/joe-biden-wont-have-to-worry-about-working-with-republicans-hell-have-to-worry-about-democrats
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

This is what some of us have been saying will be the problem with a Biden presidency. The party is making a mad dash to the left while the public at large is more in the center.  Joe Biden himself is a moderate Democrat. But his party is lurching leftward  and they will threaten to primary him if he doesn’t give them what they want. But there are Democrats that come from swing districts in fracking and oil districts that are not gonna want to go along with this nonsense

If Biden wins, get plenty of popcorn
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Title and presumption:
"Joe Biden won't have to worry about working with Republicans, he'll have to worry about Democrats"

I seriously doubt that Joe Biden is going to be "working with" anybody.

Folks behind the scenes will be doing the work, and putting papers in front of him for his signature.

And that is... all.