Author Topic: Save Our Democracy! By Roger Kimball  (Read 139 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Save Our Democracy! By Roger Kimball
« on: November 05, 2020, 01:16:49 am »
Save Our Democracy!

Trump presumably will fight it in court. But I think he should take a page from his own playbook and hold rallies the contested spots over the next couple of days.

By Roger Kimball
November 4, 2020

I have said all along that I thought President Trump would win reelection. The question was whether he would win by a big enough margin to insulate himself from the machinations of fraud, on the one hand, and litigation, on the other.

I believe that Donald Trump did win the election on Tuesday night. By my count, he had chalked up well over the requisite 270 electoral votes necessary to win reelection. That was a little past midnight Eastern time. I repaired to the arms of Morpheus confident that November 4 would ratify what was essentially a fait d’accompli on the evening of November 3.

No such luck. No sooner had my head hit the pillow than the Democrats in the urban centers of states where Trump was leading—in Detroit, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, Atlanta, Milwaukee—stopped counting the votes. Why would they do this? Because they wanted to stanch the flow of votes going to Trump and buy themselves time to determine how many votes they would need to win. Finding the votes later on is never a problem. That’s what we pay corrupt party apparatchiks to do. It seemed novel in 1960 when Richard Daley went to Cook Country to secure the election for JFK.  When I went to bed last night, President Trump was comfortably ahead in Wisconsin. Close your eyes and poof: 100,000 ballots suddenly appear in Wisconsin with Joe Biden’s name on them. Stand by for similar feats of magic.

Although common, this outrageous practice is a direct assault on our democracy. Trump presumably will fight it in court. But I think he should take a page from his own playbook and hold rallies in those and maybe other hot spots (Phoenix comes to mind) over the next couple of days. Bring the fight to the people and, just as important, bring the people to the fight.

more
https://amgreatness.com/2020/11/04/save-our-democracy/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LegalAmerican

Re: Save Our Democracy! By Roger Kimball
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2020, 02:16:37 am »
All these 'smart" people could stop, calling us a democracy.  Different way of governing and voting. 

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2020, 02:19:16 am »
Then these 'smart' people want to tell POTUS....how he should do things.  It just bugs me.  ALL THE ARMCHAIR Q.B.S.  They have all the answers. All the solutions. One of my pet peeves.  I don't listen to opinion stations either. BORING FOR ME.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2020, 02:31:03 am »
Save Our Democracy!

Trump presumably will fight it in court. But I think he should take a page from his own playbook and hold rallies the contested spots over the next couple of days.

By Roger Kimball
November 4, 2020

I have said all along that I thought President Trump would win reelection. The question was whether he would win by a big enough margin to insulate himself from the machinations of fraud, on the one hand, and litigation, on the other.

I believe that Donald Trump did win the election on Tuesday night. By my count, he had chalked up well over the requisite 270 electoral votes necessary to win reelection. That was a little past midnight Eastern time. I repaired to the arms of Morpheus confident that November 4 would ratify what was essentially a fait d’accompli on the evening of November 3.

No such luck. No sooner had my head hit the pillow than the Democrats in the urban centers of states where Trump was leading—in Detroit, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, Atlanta, Milwaukee—stopped counting the votes. Why would they do this? Because they wanted to stanch the flow of votes going to Trump and buy themselves time to determine how many votes they would need to win. Finding the votes later on is never a problem. That’s what we pay corrupt party apparatchiks to do. It seemed novel in 1960 when Richard Daley went to Cook Country to secure the election for JFK.  When I went to bed last night, President Trump was comfortably ahead in Wisconsin. Close your eyes and poof: 100,000 ballots suddenly appear in Wisconsin with Joe Biden’s name on them. Stand by for similar feats of magic.

Although common, this outrageous practice is a direct assault on our democracy. Trump presumably will fight it in court. But I think he should take a page from his own playbook and hold rallies in those and maybe other hot spots (Phoenix comes to mind) over the next couple of days. Bring the fight to the people and, just as important, bring the people to the fight.

more
https://amgreatness.com/2020/11/04/save-our-democracy/

@mystery-ak

Kimball just might be onto something here. These people don't really give a damn about going to court,paying lawyers fees,or paying fines.

They MIGHT just care about several thousand VERY angry Trump supporters chanting "Off with their heads!",though.

Maybe even enough to back off and find some other country to vacation in for a while.

I only wrote the above because suicide is too much to wish for.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!