Author Topic: Friendly's files for bankruptcy, citing 'catastrophic impact of COVID-19'  (Read 947 times)

Offline Applewood

Friendly's files for bankruptcy, citing 'catastrophic impact of COVID-19'

The restaurant’s parent company, FIC Restaurants, will sell its assets to restaurant investment group Amici Partners Group, FIC said in a statement Monday.

“Unfortunately, like many restaurant businesses, our progress was suddenly interrupted by the catastrophic impact of COVID-19, which caused a decline in revenue as dine-in operations ceased for months and re-opened with limited capacity,” CEO George Michel said in a statement.

The company projected the new ownership would retain “substantially all employees” at corporate-owned locations.

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/523989-friendlys-files-for-bankruptcy-citing-catastrophic-impact-of

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Friendly's files for bankruptcy, citing 'catastrophic impact of COVID-19'
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2020, 01:43:31 am »
@Applewood

I hope all that restaurant chains former employees,customers,owners,and stockholders can learn to say "Thank You,DNC!"
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Applewood

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2020, 09:01:10 pm »
@Applewood

I hope all that restaurant chains former employees,customers,owners,and stockholders can learn to say "Thank You,DNC!"

@sneakypete

What bugs me is that restaurants and bars have been shut down, restricted and even harassed because allegedly they are breeding grounds for COVID, but Trump rallies and other large gatherings are allowed to go on? 

I don't know about Friendly's, but many restaurant chains, like a number of retailers, were already in trouble before COVID.  So I don't know that we can blame the virus or Democrats or anyone else for their problems.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2020, 11:02:59 pm »
The Friendly's here closed down long before covid hit.
They even leveled the lot where the building was.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2020, 09:54:02 pm »
@sneakypete

What bugs me is that restaurants and bars have been shut down, restricted and even harassed because allegedly they are breeding grounds for COVID, but Trump rallies and other large gatherings are allowed to go on? 

I don't know about Friendly's, but many restaurant chains, like a number of retailers, were already in trouble before COVID.  So I don't know that we can blame the virus or Democrats or anyone else for their problems.

@Applewood

You seem to have no problem exempting the DNC from your list of the accussed.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2020, 10:57:58 pm »
@Applewood

You seem to have no problem exempting the DNC from your list of the accussed.

@sneakypete

Wut?  Did you read what I wrote?  I said I don't know that COVID or anyone or anything can  be blamed for the demise of these restaurants and other retailers especially since many of them were already in trouble.  Much of the time the trouble comes from bad management, overly ambitious expansion and for restaurants -- lousy food, poor service and outrageous prices.  But it's often more convenient to blame troubles on a virus.

I've never been to a Friendly's; there were a few of them around up to several years ago, but they are long gone now.  However, another chain that is closing locations here now is Cheesecake Factory.  I once ate at a location close to Pittsburgh.  The meal was blah and the cheesecake was overrated and overpriced.  if I want good cheesecake, there are a number of Mom and Pop deli/bakeries around which make much better cheesecake and sell it at reasonable prices.  I guess others around here agree with me because Cheesecake Factory is not doing well around these parts.

Now do you get my drift?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2020, 11:27:54 pm »
@sneakypete

Wut?  Did you read what I wrote?  I said I don't know that COVID or anyone or anything can  be blamed for the demise of these restaurants and other retailers especially since many of them were already in trouble.  Much of the time the trouble comes from bad management, overly ambitious expansion and for restaurants -- lousy food, poor service and outrageous prices.  But it's often more convenient to blame troubles on a virus.

I've never been to a Friendly's; there were a few of them around up to several years ago, but they are long gone now.  However, another chain that is closing locations here now is Cheesecake Factory.  I once ate at a location close to Pittsburgh.  The meal was blah and the cheesecake was overrated and overpriced.  if I want good cheesecake, there are a number of Mom and Pop deli/bakeries around which make much better cheesecake and sell it at reasonable prices.  I guess others around here agree with me because Cheesecake Factory is not doing well around these parts.

Now do you get my drift?

@Applewood

No.You are still exempting the DNC.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2020, 01:40:55 am »
My local Friendly’s closed years ago.

Great ice cream but their burgers were heartburn city

@sneakypete

Have you ever had Juniors cheesecake? Yum!!!
« Last Edit: November 07, 2020, 01:42:03 am by Gefn »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2020, 02:14:56 pm »
My local Friendly’s closed years ago.

Great ice cream but their burgers were heartburn city

@sneakypete

Have you ever had Juniors cheesecake? Yum!!!

@Gefn

I had never even heard of "Friendly's" until this thread.