Author Topic: How I Went From 'Trump Skeptic' to 'Trump Fan'... Derek Hunter  (Read 92 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
How I Went From 'Trump Skeptic' to 'Trump Fan'... Derek Hunter
« on: November 01, 2020, 06:05:47 pm »
How I Went From 'Trump Skeptic' to 'Trump Fan'

Derek Hunter
|
Posted: Nov 01, 2020 12:01 AM

In 2016, I was not a Donald Trump fan. I’d fully planned on writing in some joke name or whatever because, well, I didn’t trust Trump. There was no way on God’s green earth I was ever going to vote for Hillary Clinton, and third parties are pathetic. I lived in Maryland, so I could justify it to myself as it not really mattering in the grand scheme of things – Maryland is so blue it would vote for Stalin.

I also believed, as did most everyone else, that Clinton would win. In the primary, I was originally a Marco Rubio supporter, then a Ted Cruz fan as the field winnowed. I never dreamed this guy whose TV show I’d been a fan of could do anything but humiliate himself and the party. I was wrong.

Before election day, I did some soul-searching. My wife was pregnant with our first child and I knew a Hillary Clinton presidency would be horrible for the country. Democrats had big plans to “fundamentally transform” the country, ruining much of what made the country the envy of the world in the name of “progressive” politics. What would I tell my child about life before, about the country before? And what would I tell them about what I did to try to stop it.

In a column that went viral, I’d changed my mind. I knew I had to do everything I could, including voting for someone I didn’t think would be a good president but was the only realistic alternative, to register my opposition to the damage to come.

I was as shocked as anyone when Donald Trump won.

more
https://townhall.com/columnists/derekhunter/2020/11/01/how-i-went-from-trump-skeptic-to-trump-fan-n2579183
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34