Author Topic: GDP grew at record 33.1% annual rate in third quarter in partial bounceback from pandemic losses  (Read 812 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
GDP grew at record 33.1% annual rate in third quarter in partial bounceback from pandemic losses
by Jay Heflin, Business Editor |
 | October 29, 2020 08:32 AM

The U.S. economy grew at a record-breaking 33.1% annual rate in the third quarter, the Commerce Department reported Thursday, beating forecasters' expectations.

The massive growth number, although not enough to return the economy to pre-pandemic health, will provide President Trump to claim in the last days of the election that the country is clawing its way out of the COVID-19 recession faster than critics thought possible.

"This record economic growth is absolute validation of President Trump’s policies which create jobs and opportunities for Americans in every corner of the country," said Tim Murtaugh, the Trump campaign's communications director.

Still, the economy is 3.5% smaller than it was at the end of 2019.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/gdp-grew-at-record-33-1-annual-rate-in-third-quarter-in-partial-bounceback-from-pandemic-losses
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Strong V-shaped recovery per DJT's claim weeeks ago

too little too late however
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline berdie

Strong V-shaped recovery per DJT's claim weeeks ago

too little too late however

How so? I find it amazing.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!

It is amazing, but unfortunately the unemployment numbers tend to be more of a lagging indicator in these recoveries.  Joe Sixpack cares more for that stat.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Drago

• "Life is a Journey"
And about 20% of the 3rd Qtr. GDP gain was Federal Reserve/Treasury printed money stimulus. ($71 billion out of about a $375 billion increase in GDP).

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

I do too.

Do not understand that poster's comment.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington