Author Topic: Jeff Van Drew, New Jersey congressman who ditched Democrats, walks back 'undying support' for Trump  (Read 273 times)

Online corbe

Jeff Van Drew, New Jersey congressman who ditched Democrats, walks back 'undying support' for Trump

by Mike Brest, Breaking News Reporter
October 28, 2020 12:43 PM

New Jersey Rep. Jeff Van Drew, the congressman who left the Democratic Party over the push to impeach President Trump, is walking back some of the comments he made at the time of his switch to the Republican Party.

Van Drew, who is in a tough reelection battle against Amy Kennedy, told CNN that his word choice last year did not reflect what was in his heart.

"I think the words didn't explain as well what I exactly felt," Van Drew said. "It's not undying support that, whatever you say I'm going to do, or undying support, I agree with whatever you say. It was undying support for the presidency, for the idea of the greatness of America, for a friendship, but not necessarily that I'm going to agree with everything."

<..snip..>

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/jeff-van-drew-new-jersey-congressman-who-ditched-democrats-walks-back-undying-support-for-trump
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Thanks @corbe

I think the only Republican congressman we’ll have is Chris Smith. He’s been in there since 81, and I think he’s there for life.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️