Author Topic: Speaker Pelosi on Expanding Size of Courts: 'Let's Take a Look and See'  (Read 293 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Speaker Pelosi on Expanding Size of Courts: 'Let's Take a Look and See'
Reagan McCarthy

Posted: Oct 27, 2020 9:30 AM

fter the Senate confirmed Judge Amy Coney Barrett to the Supreme Court on Monday night, Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) weighed in on the future of the size of the high court.

As her party begins to embrace the idea of “court packing,” or expanding the size of the Supreme Court, Speaker Pelosi said that a 9-justice court could be obsolete. Speaker Pelosi also hinted that the federal courts may need to be expanded in size: "Should we expand the courts? Let's take a look and see. Maybe we need more District Courts as well," she said.

more
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/reaganmccarthy/2020/10/27/pelosi-on-courts-n2578831
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Speaker Pelosi on Expanding Size of Courts: 'Let's Take a Look and See'
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2020, 06:28:35 pm »
Desperation is never pretty.

Although I think it may be too little,too late for Pelosi. I suspect she will be replaced the next time the Dims start talking about leadership.

The Chinese might not even be able to save her.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline libertybele

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2020, 06:31:05 pm »
Desperation is never pretty.

Although I think it may be too little,too late for Pelosi. I suspect she will be replaced the next time the Dims start talking about leadership.

The Chinese might not even be able to save her.

I believe she is definitely on her way out the door.  Unfortunately, I see her replacement much worse; she'll be replaced by a very young radical leftist like AOC.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2020, 06:36:05 pm »
 Both Pelosi and Joe Biden know that adding extra judges would be very unpopular with the public. That’s why they dance around the issue. But they will not have a choice. The likes of AOC will insist on it. And will Joe Biden tell her know if elected? He risks a primary challenge  if he doesn’t

The Democrats will attempt to add seats. They’ll try to sooth the public by claiming it’s simply to “balance” the courts
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline libertybele

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2020, 06:45:02 pm »
Both Pelosi and Joe Biden know that adding extra judges would be very unpopular with the public. That’s why they dance around the issue. But they will not have a choice. The likes of AOC will insist on it. And will Joe Biden tell her know if elected? He risks a primary challenge  if he doesn’t

The Democrats will attempt to add seats. They’ll try to sooth the public by claiming it’s simply to “balance” the courts

IF not this election, certainly one in the near future where the DEMS will have the majority in BOTH Houses --- count on radical change; electoral college, stacking the courts, amnesty, etc., it's not a matter of IF, but WHEN.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2020, 01:24:19 am »
We actually DO need more district courts.
Time to split apart the 9th Circuit into 2 or 3 additional Circuits.

If Mr. Trump gets re-elected, he should get right down to it.
And fill all the openings in the next 3-4 years.

Offline verga

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2020, 05:11:14 pm »
I believe she is definitely on her way out the door.  Unfortunately, I see her replacement much worse; she'll be replaced by a very young radical leftist like AOC.
None of the Squa(t)d have the political chops or the intellect for that position. If she is replaced it would probably be Wasserman Shultz, or Jackson Lee. Both of them lean left enough and both have some political clout with the party.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.