Author Topic: Clean Up: Biden Tries Populist Tone in Pennsylvania After Calling Trump-Supporters ‘Chumps’  (Read 145 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Haris Alic 24 Oct 2020

Joe Biden, the Democrat nominee, tried to strike a populist note on Saturday while talking to voters in Pennsylvania–only hours after calling supporters of President Donald Trump “chumps.”

The former vice president, who has pitched himself as the only Democrat that can bring blue-collar voters back into the party’s fold, appeared at a drive-in rally in Luzerne County, Pennsylvania. During his remarks, Biden played up his working-class roots in an effort to create a contrast with Trump, a multi-millionaire real estate developer.

“I say it’s about time a state school guy gets to go to the Oval Office because you know what? If I’m sitting there, you will be sitting there with me,” the former vice president said, adding that it was time the government started looking after “forgotten” Americans.

Biden’s attempt at populism came only hours after he appeared at another rally in Pennsylvania, in the Philadelphia suburb of Bucks County. At that event, Biden referenced several pro-Trump protesters who were stationed outside the event, in an attempt to display that his response to the virus would be to the benefit of all Americans.

“I’m running as a proud Democrat, but I will govern as an American president, for everybody,” the former vice president said after arguing that Trump had taken a divisive stance on the pandemic.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/2020-election/2020/10/24/clean-up-biden-tries-populist-tone-in-pennsylvania-after-calling-trump-supporters-chumps/
« Last Edit: October 25, 2020, 02:13:46 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34