Author Topic: Is Lisa Murkowski Going to Stab Her Party in the Back During Amy Coney Barrett's Confirmation Vote?  (Read 1050 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Is Lisa Murkowski Going to Stab Her Party in the Back During Amy Coney Barrett's Confirmation Vote?

Matt Vespa

Posted: Oct 24, 2020 3:20 AM

Judge Amy Coney Barrett is out of committee and on her way to a full confirmation vote in the Senate. Her nomination was approved by the Senate Judiciary Committee on Thursday, which was boycotted by Senate Democrats. They can throw their tantrum; we’re filling the seat. And they can’t stop us. Elections have consequences. Judge Barrett had a smooth series of hearings. She’s beyond qualified to be on the Court. Anyone who says otherwise is frankly an idiot. It’s going to happen, libs. Shut up and sit down.

Monday is slated to be the final vote, but not before some GOP defections occurred and by the usual suspects. No, believe it or not, Mitt Romney, weak trash that he is, was not part of this crew. It did nothing to change the outcome, but we’re keeping tabs on those who go RINO. As Chad Pergram of Fox News noted in a lengthy Twitter thread on how the process will go once ACB leaves committee, if McConnell wanted to put the pedal to the metal on ACB’s nomination vote, he’d invoke cloture on Friday, which he did Friday.

“McConnell must move to shift the Senate into executive session (versus legislative session) to specifically consider the Barrett nomination. Such a process likely requires a vote – but is not debatable (subject to a filibuster),” he added. That also happened and it passed, albeit with Sens. Susan Collins (R-ME) and Lisa Murkowski (R-AK) voting against the legislative session move (via Daily Caller News Foundation):

more
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2020/10/24/is-lisa-murkowski-going-to-stab-her-party-in-the-back-during-amy-coney-barretts-confirmation-vote-n2578712
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline verga

No need to ask, we all know the answer.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline skeeter

Does the Pope poop in the woods?

Offline Hoodat

Does the Kennedy Compound have a full bar?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online libertybele

Does the Kennedy Compound have a full bar?

Exactly.  She's already stated she wasn't in favor of voting for confirmation of a new justice before the election.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Does the Pope poop in the woods?

LMAO...I found a coupla good pics when I DDG'ed that...

For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Hold on a minute...
Sounds like Murkowski has suddenly changed her tune.

I'm sensin' that the feedback she had been getting from her constituents exceeded all previous decibel levels...!

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Exactly.  She's already stated she wasn't in favor of voting for confirmation of a new justice before the election.

How about just do the damned job you were hired to do Lisa?
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online libertybele

How about just do the damned job you were hired to do Lisa?

She just announced that she will be supporting. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
She just announced that she will be supporting.

Hmmmm...

Love bites?
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

I am SOOOO over these so-called 'Principled' Mavericks.

OFF WITH HER HEAD!!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer

OFF WITH HER HEAD!!

Bring a shovel. We'll have to dig it out of her ass first.

Offline LegalAmerican

OFF WITH HER HEAD!!

I agree.  "Principled" ? OR  just self absorbed, with virtue signaling.?  That is a lame reason to NOT vote for POTUS, or any of his S.C. justices.   A term, to make it sound like they are 'better'.   NOT.   What was her principled reason for voting NO, ABOUT securing the border, when caravans were crashing our borders & fences ILLEGALLY?  We do, have LEGAL port of entry. My family used it.  Hence....LEGAL AMERICAN.   :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: