Author Topic: Cruz: Google Should Be ‘Broken Up’ — ‘Abusing Monopoly Power’  (Read 1219 times)

rangerrebew

Cruz: Google Should Be ‘Broken Up’ — ‘Abusing Monopoly Power’

Jeff Poor23 Oct 2020110

Friday on Fox Business Network’s “Varney & Company,” Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) called on Google to be broken up for what he called an abuse of “monopoly power.”

“I’m very glad that the Department of Justice is pursuing an antitrust case against them,” he said. “I think they need to be broken up. I think they’re — they are abusing their monopoly power. I think they are extracting monopoly revenues, and not only that, I think they’re abusing their power to censor political speech and to silence the American people online and to manipulate elections, all of which is an abuse of monopoly power.”

Host Stuart Varney asked Cruz if the feelings were shared by his colleagues on the Democratic side of the aisle.

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2020/10/23/cruz-google-should-be-broken-up-abusing-monopoly-power/

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Varney asked a great followup.  Seems Hawley and Cruz are silent voices in the wind on this issue.

And if you believe Tucker Carlson, one of the biggest recipients of Big Tech money in the senate is Mike Lee.  In various platforms, and by phone,  I have asked him 8 times to rebuke or comment.  Zilch responses so far.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline bilo

I'm convinced that the big tech oligarchs are sure they've bought off enough politicians that they can openly start censoring speech and nothing will be done about it.

Trump is fighting to save the Republic and we are seeing that both parties don't care as long as they get their piece of the pie.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline LegalAmerican

YES. It takes attorneys to do that.  Why don't more attorneys go after BIDEN, CLINTON, OBAMA?  They sit in their chairs in congress. More talk.  HE NEEDS TO START THIS....BREAK UP! 

Offline LegalAmerican

Varney asked a great followup.  Seems Hawley and Cruz are silent voices in the wind on this issue.

And if you believe Tucker Carlson, one of the biggest recipients of Big Tech money in the senate is Mike Lee.  In various platforms, and by phone,  I have asked him 8 times to rebuke or comment.  Zilch responses so far.

MIKE LEE, is bff with Cruz and mormon like ROMNEY. MORMONS believe in NWO.  Proof?  I was in that church for 25 years.
LEE & ROMNEY ARE BOTH....RINOS.  They both VOTED,  against, our National border security, when we had caravans crashing into our borders & fences. They support mexico, as they still have compounds there.

Offline LegalAmerican

I'm convinced that the big tech oligarchs are sure they've bought off enough politicians that they can openly start censoring speech and nothing will be done about it.

Trump is fighting to save the Republic and we are seeing that both parties don't care as long as they get their piece of the pie.

Yes. And those with TRUMP ENVY...don't care either.  :thumbsup:

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
The ultra-rich globalist heavily finance and heavily faVOR THE DEMOCRATS, because the democrats addicted to the huge piles of money of globalists, like crack whores to crack, will pass legislation that goes against America so the ultra-rich globalist can fill their pockets to over flowing with deals that heavily favor their globalist interests.  That is why Americans complain that our own politicians won't represent our own interests any more.
Trump reversed much of that by bringing jobs back to America and stopping legislation and over turning legislation that was detrimental to America and its citizens.  That is a lot of why the globalists and Democrats so hate Trump.  Biden will quickly reverse this trend with massive taxes, gun control, they the flow of our money restored to foreign Countries.  Lock stepping fools will either blame Trump for what happens by Biden (should he win) or claim their ignorance is their innocence.  The time for humanity to die for its love of lies/iniquities edges ever nearer. 22222frying pan
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline LegalAmerican

The ultra-rich globalist heavily finance and heavily faVOR THE DEMOCRATS, because the democrats addicted to the huge piles of money of globalists, like crack whores to crack, will pass legislation that goes against America so the ultra-rich globalist can fill their pockets to over flowing with deals that heavily favor their globalist interests.  That is why Americans complain that our own politicians won't represent our own interests any more.
Trump reversed much of that by bringing jobs back to America and stopping legislation and over turning legislation that was detrimental to America and its citizens.  That is a lot of why the globalists and Democrats so hate Trump.  Biden will quickly reverse this trend with massive taxes, gun control, they the flow of our money restored to foreign Countries.  Lock stepping fools will either blame Trump for what happens by Biden (should he win) or claim their ignorance is their innocence.  The time for humanity to die for its love of lies/iniquities edges ever nearer. 22222frying pan

Agree. Tough to agree to, but..... 888high58888  Meaning the last line.
 I used to say, people are too dumb to live, and may not. 

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Don't know what else to do. I believe in free markets, limited govt, and the 1st amendment, but this is a conondrum without precedent.

No one private entity in history has been able to control the flow of information with such a superior advantage that they can literally decide elections and who runs our govt, not to mention put a complete chokehold in the 1st amendment.

Previous monopoly issues have always been about price and competition, this is something completely new.

If we don't do something, we will be the United States of Silicon Valley, with an unimaginable dystopian future.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2020, 10:30:42 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Offline christian

Obama democrats pushed America to the high cliff precipice and gloated at their cancerous handiwork to our Country.  Even with massive global money supporting the democrats to overthrow our President with false documents and accusations Coup.  The President forced the retreat of the massive damage the democrat and Obama inflicted on this nation, its economy, its jobs, its people, despite so much against him.  If you despise a man that reverses such carnage to our nation, then you deserve the consequences.  President Trump did what Obama and his cronies said couldn't be done, but is was done to our benefit NATIONALLY. A high tide recovery that floated all boats, and many have jobs today because of it, of all races.  Be thankful, President Trump as he more than earned it.
 Get on your knees and thank God !
 :yowsa: :amen: :yowsa:

Offline roamer_1

Don't know what else to do. I believe in free markets, limited govt, and the 1st amendment, but this is a conondrum without precedent.

No one private entity in history has been able to control the flow of information with such a superior advantage that they can literally decide elections and who runs our govt, not to mention put a complete chokehold in the 1st amendment.

Previous monopoly issues have always been about price and competition, this is something completely new.

If we don't do something, we will be the United States of Silicon Valley, with an unimaginable dystopian future.

I think that is actually not true.

News conglomerates before the advent of the internet had a total lock on information, and routinely used their influence to sway the public - Viet Nam would be a great example of that. Likewise in education - a total lock for the libs... The internet changes that.

No it is actually better now. At least one can step outside of the MSM bubble and find alternatives. Before the internet, that was not even an option.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Cruz: Google Should Be ‘Broken Up’ — ‘Abusing Monopoly Power’

Jeff Poor23 Oct 2020110

Friday on Fox Business Network’s “Varney & Company,” Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) called on Google to be broken up for what he called an abuse of “monopoly power.”

@rangerrebew

Oh,yeah!

Cruz will make a fine SC nominee if the Dims manage to buy his seat.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline LegalAmerican

@rangerrebew

Oh,yeah!

Cruz will make a fine SC nominee if the Dims manage to buy his seat.

Does that mean you don't trust CRUZ?  I don't. His changing his speech, once approved by TRUMP ADM. , then other lies, and Cruz flying on AF/ ONE WITH OBAMA...after that.  I don't trust him. 

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

News conglomerates before the advent of the internet had a total lock on information, and routinely used their influence to sway the public - Viet Nam would be a great example of that. Likewise in education - a total lock for the libs... The internet changes that.

No it is actually better now. At least one can step outside of the MSM bubble and find alternatives. Before the internet, that was not even an option.

@roamer_1

Absolute 100 percent agreement on that one. That evil bastard Cronkite "the most trusted man in America" LIVED up Kennedy family asses,and is more responsible for us "losing" in VN than any other human or event.

Odd how the VN war was just peachy-keen when JFK was pushing it,and suddenly because evil when Nixon took over,ain't it?

"Uncle Walter and his Dim butt-buddies were terrified a Republican President would win the war and make their Dim idols look bad.

Yeah,I DO know they started the turn to defeat while LBJ was president,but that was only because he was from Texas,and they hated and mistrusted anyone not from the northeast. From THEIR POV,LBJ might as well have been a Republican. Uncouth,with no manners or proper

Hell,he didn't even go to one of the "good schools" in the northeast. He was practically a barbarian.

No way in HELL could they allow a man like that to make JFK look like the incompetent fool and coward that he really was.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2020, 03:28:20 am by sneakypete »

Offline roamer_1

@roamer_1

Absolute 100 percent agreement on that one. That evil bastard Cronkite "the most trusted man in America" LIVED up Kennedy family asses,and is more responsible for us "losing" in VN than any other human or event.

@sneakypete

FACTS. The only war ever lost without losing a single major battle... And it was lost in the ivory towers and hallowed halls right here at home. Sonsabiches.

That is the product of the media conglomerate speaking with one voice and feeding the American public pure unadulterated USDA approved bullcrap. They were lying through their teeth the whole dang time. And all y'all took the hit, and it's a blood curse, or ought to be.

Not so easy to do anymore.

Offline christian

It should be noticed that the democrats portray themselves as government of the people,but notice how many of the ultra-rich and extremely rich Companies are doing their best, even illegally, get Biden elected.  Look at their ultra-rich supporters and their lawlessness and you can see why the Nation is where we are now at.
 22222frying pan

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical

Not totally. Local media was far more conservative, less corporate, less conglomerate, and often played the Lilliputians to Gulliver. People paid as much attention to letters to the editor as they did to Tom Brokaw.

And the nationals had zero control over that. Only the FCC itself could drop the curtain on you, and even then not newspapers.

Now Google gives the appearance of free flow of information, right to your phone, pad, desktop, etc. to imply personalization and even control, but they go thru a great deal of effort to supress conservative information while making the liberal readily available.

And if you use Google Analytics, search engine, or one of the social media platforms, they can just banish and demonitize you almost on a whim. I think they tried to do that to the Federalist recently.

That kind of thing back then was either impossible or had to be done piecemeal. Today it's a simple press of a button on a keyboard.

They literally are both Gulliver and the Lilliputians, and it's that ability to shape information that is completely unprecedented.

The Republic is lost.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
It should be noticed that the democrats portray themselves as government of the people,but notice how many of the ultra-rich and extremely rich Companies are doing their best, even illegally, get Biden elected.  Look at their ultra-rich supporters and their lawlessness and you can see why the Nation is where we are now at.
 22222frying pan

@christian

True,and the supreme irony is all the RINO's whining and complaining about Trump being a "rich Billionaire".

Online libertybele

Ted is correct on this; just like they broke up Ma Bell years ago. It needs to be done.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline roamer_1

Not totally. Local media was far more conservative, less corporate, less conglomerate, and often played the Lilliputians to Gulliver. People paid as much attention to letters to the editor as they did to Tom Brokaw.

And the nationals had zero control over that. Only the FCC itself could drop the curtain on you, and even then not newspapers.

Now Google gives the appearance of free flow of information, right to your phone, pad, desktop, etc. to imply personalization and even control, but they go thru a great deal of effort to supress conservative information while making the liberal readily available.

And if you use Google Analytics, search engine, or one of the social media platforms, they can just banish and demonitize you almost on a whim. I think they tried to do that to the Federalist recently.

That kind of thing back then was either impossible or had to be done piecemeal. Today it's a simple press of a button on a keyboard.

They literally are both Gulliver and the Lilliputians, and it's that ability to shape information that is completely unprecedented.

Nah... I see what you're saying. I really do. But at least here, those small town papers still exist. And there is plenty of Conservative fare online. I say that, as you might remember, as I post to a conservative forum where I get the lion's share of my news, and where I get to bat things around with other fine Conservatives like you.

I will grant you, the gatekeepers treat Conservatism unfairly, and we've a tougher time finding our way... but in the end, it isn't hard to seek out Conservatism. It's just not brought to you automatically. And while that is a great problem - the gatekeepers should deal with most things fairly - it is a stretch to consider it to a fault. I do agree that google should be torn to pieces. would wish the very same fate on faceboot and twitster, and the whole consortium.

But I get around fine, and I don't need Giggles, Faceboot, or Twitster to do it.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
Nah... I see what you're saying. I really do. But at least here, those small town papers still exist. And there is plenty of Conservative fare online. I say that, as you might remember, as I post to a conservative forum where I get the lion's share of my news, and where I get to bat things around with other fine Conservatives like you.

I will grant you, the gatekeepers treat Conservatism unfairly, and we've a tougher time finding our way... but in the end, it isn't hard to seek out Conservatism. It's just not brought to you automatically. And while that is a great problem - the gatekeepers should deal with most things fairly - it is a stretch to consider it to a fault. I do agree that google should be torn to pieces. would wish the very same fate on faceboot and twitster, and the whole consortium.

But I get around fine, and I don't need Giggles, Faceboot, or Twitster to do it.

What I really don't like, is why aren't other big tech entities - Microsoft (Bing), Yahoo, Facebook, Twitter, Amazon, etc, aggressively trying to tear into Google's market share on this?

Amazon and Facebook in particular have the ability to do that. Nor do you have to start from scratch, there are alot of analytics companies already set up.

It's almost like they are colluding.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2020, 09:46:12 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Online libertybele

What I really don't like, is why aren't other big tech entities - Microsoft (Bing), Yahoo, Facebook, Twitter, Amazon, etc, aggressively trying to tear into Google's market share on this?

Amazon and Facebook in particular have the ability to do that. Nor do you have to start from scratch, there are alot of analytics companies already set up.

Almost?  I'd say that you are correct -- they ARE colluding.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline roamer_1

Oh, they ARE colluding.

But yahoo is inept - I am a yahooligan from way back... My moniker comes from a USAOne account I hacked and took over way back in the day... USAOne inevitably becoming the Yahoo we know today. And they have frittered away every advantage they once had... YIM (messenger), Music, News, Search... even email/calendar, all of which went from nearly awesome to crap.

Microsoft has always had a tin ear, serving a corporate environment more than the geek world... Trying to castle their investments in a distributed bazaar environment. That has changed of late, especially in the inner ring insider contributions to Win10 and subsystems. But they still have that slick plastic corporate feel.

Sales and delivery are Amazon's gig, and they already seem to be juggling too many balls. Like yahoo, they are beginning to lose it in areas - Prime and Alexa being shaky examples...

Faceboot is losing it all over. Again... Castled up... Circling the wagons... the last act. I don;t expect them to be a player much longer... MySpace all over again.

Twitster is a one trick pony... An 'also ran' , big in gossip and nothing else.

Of them all, the only real sharks in the water are Microsoft and Amazon... And Microsoft is best poised to take the advantage - Which they will fail to do in their normal tight-assed corporate way.

Expect a new player to arise.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
Expect a new player to arise.

You would think. There's big money in it and big money out there to invest in it. Yahoo for example is owned by Verizon. One wonders why the big cell phone carriers aren't more in this, and other dealers in and transmitters of information.

Joint ventures and partnerships (or acqusitions) if you can't do it on your own.

Somebody out there it would seem would be thinking the time is right to tear Google, and even some of the others, a new one and get a piece of that pie.

« Last Edit: October 27, 2020, 10:45:05 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Offline roamer_1

You would think. There's big money in it and big money out there to invest in it. Yahoo for example is owned by Verizon. One wonders why the big cell phone carriers aren't more in this, and other dealers in and transmitters of information.

There IS a there there... Get Yahoo straightened out and flying right and just maybe... One of the things keeping Google ubiquitous is email/calendar/messaging... Even eclipsing Microsoft I think. EVERYBODY uses google anymore, and with Android, they own most of texting too.

Yahoo has all of that, and excelled at all that at one time... And using Verizon, texting could actually join the (artificial) gap between desktop messaging and cellular texting (which YIM used to do)... They have all the toys to take that much away... And as people move over to Yahoo services, they'll also move over to Yahoo Search...

But the Yahoo brand is  nearly destroyed... I nearly hate them now for so completely dropping the ball and making me move over to Google. And I was seriously loyal to a very bitter end. Buying that loyalty back would come at a high price.

Somebody out there it would seem would be thinking the time is right to tear Google, and even some of the others, a new one and get a piece of that pie.

They are proving to be vulnerable with YouTube... Their censorship has put Bitchute into a meteoric rise. Brighteon ain't doing so bad either. But I think it will be bitchute.