Author Topic: Biden may have given Pennsylvania and the election to Trump in committing to 'transition from the oi  (Read 581 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden may have given Pennsylvania and the election to Trump in committing to 'transition from the oil industry'
by Tiana Lowe, Commentary Writer |
 | October 22, 2020 11:36 PM

Trump's could not be described as (exceptionally) erratic. Yet the president, flailing under an unprecedented global pandemic and rivaled by an opponent extraordinarily less loathsome than Hillary Clinton, may have found a lifeline to bolster his final fortnight of campaigning for reelection.

Biden, who has led Trump by an unusually stable margin not just nationally but also in key swing states, closed out an otherwise well-done debate committing to combat climate change not by maximizing the fracking operations that have helped the United States reduce greenhouse gas emissions more than other nations in the Paris climate accords or by embracing GHG-neutral nuclear power. Instead, he decided to obliterate his potential odds in Pennsylvania, perhaps the single most important battleground on the map.

"Transition from the oil industry? Yes," Biden said. When asked why, he noted, "Because the oil industry pollutes, significantly."

Based on the broad polling, Biden is the clear favorite to win the election. But plenty of states that Biden has made highly competitive, such as North Carolina and Iowa, still provide Trump the benefit of popular down-ticket races. In the end, it's fully possible that 2020 comes down to the three Rust Belt states that gave Trump the White House, plus Florida and maybe Arizona. From there, and thanks to the mess that will be pandemic-fueled absentee and early-voting ballots, either candidate's fate may rest on a rounding error. For Biden to give Trump a clear path to reclaim the 20 crucial Electoral College votes granted by the Keystone State is political malpractice.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/biden-may-have-given-pennsylvania-and-the-election-to-trump-in-committing-to-transition-from-the-oil-industry
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Lando Lincoln

Let's not forget Ohio.  Fracking revived the gas industry in eastern and northeastern Ohio.  Enormous.  Ohio is a crucial state.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Lando Lincoln

There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline mountaineer

That may explain the ruling by the Pa. Supreme Court about not having to verify signatures on ballots, then. Don't want to give Trump a chance, I'm sure.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline libertybele

That may explain the ruling by the Pa. Supreme Court about not having to verify signatures on ballots, then. Don't want to give Trump a chance, I'm sure.

Thanks for the info -- I had no idea.  Interesting as here in FL they can prohibit you from voting if your signature doesn't match the signature when you sign with a stylus on the touchscreen pad.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2020, 10:13:25 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline mountaineer

Myst posted the Pa. story in the state category, @libertybele
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
I'd enjoy seeing this, but recent court decisions regarding the handling of Pennsylvanias mail-in ballot procudures suggests to me that there's going to be too much fraud, corruption, and delays there for Mr. Trump to count on the state this time.

I sense that he'll still squeak by in the Electoral College, but without PA's electoral votes.

I would VERY MUCH like to be proven wrong on November 3rd...!

Offline corbe

Iowa , with it's Ethanol, is laughing it's azz off.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.