Author Topic: New York Times editorial board: Trump reelection 'greatest threat to American democracy since World  (Read 659 times)

rangerrebew

New York Times editorial board: Trump reelection 'greatest threat to American democracy since World War II'
by Zachary Halaschak, Breaking News Reporter |
 | October 16, 2020 08:14 PM

The New York Times editorial board called President Trump's reelection prospects the “greatest threat to American democracy since World War II.”

The editorial was first published online on Friday and will appear in this weekend’s special section of the Sunday Review. It is accompanied by several other critical opinion articles about Trump’s presidency running the gambit from foreign policy to race economics.

“Mr. Trump’s ruinous tenure already has gravely damaged the United States at home and around the world. He has abused the power of his office and denied the legitimacy of his political opponents, shattering the norms that have bound the nation together for generations,” the editorial board wrote. “He has subsumed the public interest to the profitability of his business and political interests. He has shown a breathtaking disregard for the lives and liberties of Americans. He is a man unworthy of the office he holds.”

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/new-york-times-editorial-board-trump-reelection-greatest-threat-to-american-democracy-since-world-war-ii

Offline goatprairie

With all his faults Trump is not one one hundredth of the threat to American democracy that commie rags like the N.Y. Slimes are.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
With all his faults Trump is not one one hundredth of the threat to American democracy that commie rags like the N.Y. Slimes are.

:yowsa:   :amen:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

888high58888
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Trump reelection MSM censorship and collusion greatest threat to American democracy since World War II'

Easy fix, to reflect truth....
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline LegalAmerican

New York Times editorial board: Trump reelection 'greatest threat to American democracy since World War II'
by Zachary Halaschak, Breaking News Reporter |
 | October 16, 2020 08:14 PM

The New York Times editorial board called President Trump's reelection prospects the “greatest threat to American democracy since World War II.”

The editorial was first published online on Friday and will appear in this weekend’s special section of the Sunday Review. It is accompanied by several other critical opinion articles about Trump’s presidency running the gambit from foreign policy to race economics.

“Mr. Trump’s ruinous tenure already has gravely damaged the United States at home and around the world. He has abused the power of his office and denied the legitimacy of his political opponents, shattering the norms that have bound the nation together for generations,” the editorial board wrote. “He has subsumed the public interest to the profitability of his business and political interests. He has shown a breathtaking disregard for the lives and liberties of Americans. He is a man unworthy of the office he holds.”

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/new-york-times-editorial-board-trump-reelection-greatest-threat-to-american-democracy-since-world-war-ii

NY times?  ALL LIARS.  Most have foreign people writing the articles. ALL BACKWARDS.   POTUS...received  THREE noble peace prize nominations for POTUS work in M.E.  Stopping wars, bloodshed , and unrest.  POTUS also received a nomination last year from JAPAN...for his work there. 

And we DON'T have a democracy.  WE ARE A REPUBLIC.  Wish 'educated' media would get that straight already. 

Offline LegalAmerican

POTUS has no faults.  Unless all men want to say the same about themselves.  HETERO MALE POTUS.  Everything he has done is for the good of our country.  Stop, repeating LEFTS PROPAGANDA...who make it look like, he has all kind of "faults".  HE IS VERY SUCCESSFUL.  That is NOT a fault.   Just saying. See MAGA list.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2020, 08:40:44 pm by LegalAmerican »

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
POTUS has no faults. 

Honestly...  did you say that with a straight face? :silly:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

NY times?  ALL LIARS.  Most have foreign people writing the articles. ALL BACKWARDS.   POTUS...received  THREE noble peace prize nominations for POTUS work in M.E.  Stopping wars, bloodshed , and unrest.  POTUS also received a nomination last year from JAPAN...for his work there. 
It was a NYT writer who convinced Kennedy's State Dept that Castro was setting up a Democracy in Cuba.
As ever, wrong.
And we DON'T have a democracy.  WE ARE A REPUBLIC.  Wish 'educated' media would get that straight already.
That's why there is a threat to "democracy", because we don't have one. The communists want another "Peoples Democratik Rebublic" of whatever in the Global Soviet.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline LegalAmerican

It was a NYT writer who convinced Kennedy's State Dept that Castro was setting up a Democracy in Cuba.
As ever, wrong.That's why there is a threat to "democracy", because we don't have one. The communists want another "Peoples Democratik Rebublic" of whatever in the Global Soviet.

BINGO!   :thumbsup:

Offline LegalAmerican

YES. And you need to finish the quote, you took OUT OF CONTEXT.  Left tactic.  DO YOU WANT TO SAY YOU HAVE FAULTS, FLAWS....as a HETERO MALE?  I will buy that.  POTUS is a human being, like the rest of us.  Why do some of you expect, WANT, some kind of perfection from him?  That speaks to TRUMP ENVY.  See MAGA link.  THAT SPEAKS TO PERFECTION FOR ME. A MAN FOR AMERICA.  3 NOBLE PEACE PRIZES FOR HIS WORK IN THE M.E.  STOPPING WARS, BLOODSHED, UNREST.  YOU? 

P.S.
POTUS has no faults. Unless all men want to say the same about themselves.  HETERO MALE POTUS.  Everything he has done is for the good of our country.  Stop, repeating LEFTS PROPAGANDA...who make it look like, he has all kind of "faults".  HE IS VERY SUCCESSFUL.  That is NOT a fault.   Just saying. See MAGA list.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2020, 08:41:49 pm by LegalAmerican »

Online cato potatoe

These flappy queens need to swallow a valium and take a nice long bubble bath.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
These flappy queens need to swallow a valium and take a nice long bubble bath.

Calgon take me away?   :cool:  With the theme from M*A*S*H* playing in the background

« Last Edit: October 22, 2020, 09:29:48 pm by Wingnut »
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline libertybele

888high58888   :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Hoodat

By definition,, the re-election of Donald Trump IS democracy.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
NYT HAS GONE FULL BLOWN COMMUNIST!!!

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline LegalAmerican

888high58888   :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

YES. POTUS does not drink any alcohol...ever.  Does NOT SMOKE ...ever.  Does no illegal drug...ever.  NO TATTOOS. 
NO PIERCINGS.
  Can any of you say that?  A lot of drinkers on here.  Some weed smokers?  Cigarette users?  Oh, he does not drink any COFFEE.

I say, that is very wholesome.  No faults.  Is he human?  YES.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2020, 04:43:23 am by LegalAmerican »

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Who buys this tripe from an organization whose product is not worth using on one's posterior?  These New Yorkers were always full of *&^%!!!!!!!!!

:patriot: