Author Topic: Esper hints that the 2nd Cavalry Regiment could be heading closer to Russia  (Read 259 times)

rangerrebew

Esper hints that the 2nd Cavalry Regiment could be heading closer to Russia
Meghann Myers

The Defense Department has been in talks with a handful of Eastern European countries about deploying thousands of soldiers closer to the Russian border, Defense Secretary Mark Esper said Tuesday in his prepared remarks in an appearance at the Atlantic Council.

In July, Esper announced that the 2nd Cavalry Regiment would be transferred from its home at U.S. Army Garrison Bavaria, Germany, to a stateside post to be determined, as part of withdrawal of nearly 12,000 troops from that country. He had also proposed deploying its infantry and armor troops back to Europe on a rotational basis, and his remarks Tuesday revealed some groundwork already being laid.

“Indeed, since ... the signing of the defense cooperation agreement with Poland, my recent meetings with defense ministers from Romania and Bulgaria, and correspondence received from Baltic states, there is now the real opportunity of keeping the 2nd Cavalry Regiment forward in some of these countries on an enduring basis,” Esper said.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your-military/2020/10/20/esper-hints-that-the-2nd-cavalry-regiment-could-be-heading-closer-to-russia/

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
We need more than my old unit to head closer to the USSR.  I mean it's a good first step.

However...

Russia has more frontline troops waiting on the Russian/Ukraine border than we have in all of Europe...to INCLUDE those brigades rotating in from the states.

What we need to do is reactivate some cold war units and position them back in Europe to blunt what Putin is doing and has done.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!