Author Topic: My week with the baying Antifa mob  (Read 214 times)

Offline mountaineer

My week with the baying Antifa mob
« on: October 22, 2020, 01:41:13 pm »
My week with the baying Antifa mob
Douglas Murray
Spectator
Oct. 24, 2020
In the days when you could still watch a nature documentary without feeling as if you were sitting through a politics lecture I saw footage of a pack of smaller predators taking down an elephant. At the time I remember thinking: ‘Why don’t you keep running? Why don’t you knock the first one off and keep going?’ Strangely, I thought of that elephant again in the very different savannah of Portland, Oregon.

In recent years this city in the Pacific Northwest has become famous for a variety of reasons — none of them good. As one long-term resident said to me last week: ‘This used to be a very civil town.’ Not any more.  ...

Portland has been the epicentre of a confusion that has afflicted a smaller number of activists in our own country. That is the taught perception that they live in a patriarchal, unequal, cis-heteronormative, irredeemably racist society. In time this defamation sank in and caused a reaction. For years, the city has seen regular rioting by the far-left group ‘Antifa’. In the name of pursuing non-existent fascists these activists laid waste to their city, dragged passing motorists from their cars, hospitalised journalists whose reporting was disobliging and otherwise turned the city into a first-world slum.   ...

Antifa’s tactic is to provoke the police into an act of violence on camera so the activists can then claim they are being oppressed. From everything I saw of the police — including being cleared from an alleyway at gunpoint along with a dozen or so Antifa activists — I would say that most US federal agents have the patience of saints.

Still the image comes to mind of the elephant brought down by the smaller predators. America is not being brought low by one beast, but by a whole pack of them. These predators include, though are not limited to: ignorance, educational failure, radical indoctrination, pandemic, poverty, narcissism, boredom, the disappearance of the adults, a belief that law enforcement is the enemy and much more. Why America didn’t throw off the first attacker and keep on moving is a question I cannot shake off, whether this pack brings the big beast crashing down or not.
Read entire article at Spectator (U.K.)
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: My week with the baying Antifa mob
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2020, 10:40:11 pm »
Excellent article.

Mr. Murray concludes:
"Antifa’s tactic is to provoke the police into an act of violence on camera so the activists can then claim they are being oppressed. From everything I saw of the police — including being cleared from an alleyway at gunpoint along with a dozen or so Antifa activists — I would say that most US federal agents have the patience of saints.

Still the image comes to mind of the elephant brought down by the smaller predators. America is not being brought low by one beast, but by a whole pack of them. These predators include, though are not limited to: ignorance, educational failure, radical indoctrination, pandemic, poverty, narcissism, boredom, the disappearance of the adults, a belief that law enforcement is the enemy and much more. Why America didn’t throw off the first attacker and keep on moving is a question I cannot shake off, whether this pack brings the big beast crashing down or not."

Fishrrman:
Months ago, I said the only effective response to the antifa/blm communist insurgency would have been to "go in heavy" with troops and wield enough force to convince them that further riots/revolution were not going to be worth it to them.

We didn't do that.
And the insurgency has not been put down.
It's far from over.
Indeed, it's still growing.
I sense we'll find that out if Mr. Trump wins on November 3rd...
« Last Edit: October 22, 2020, 11:01:18 pm by Fishrrman »

Offline mountaineer

Re: My week with the baying Antifa mob
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2020, 10:42:50 pm »
Months ago, I said the only effective response to the antifa/blm communist insurgency would have been to "go in heavy" with troops and wield enough force to convince them that further riots/revolution was not going to be worth it to them.

We didn't do that.
And the insurgency has not been put down.
Portland, Seattle and other cities are paying the price for their inaction.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org