Author Topic: Senate to vote Monday to confirm Amy Coney Barrett to Supreme Court  (Read 708 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Senate to vote Monday to confirm Amy Coney Barrett to Supreme Court
By Jordain Carney - 10/20/20 02:32 PM EDT

The Senate will vote Monday on confirming President Trump's nominee, Judge Amy Coney Barrett, to the Supreme Court.

"With regard to the Supreme Court justice ... we'll be voting to confirm justice-to-be Barrett next Monday," Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) said during a weekly press conference, confirming the timing of a final vote on her nomination.

"I think that will be another signature accomplishment in our effort to put on the courts, the federal courts, men and women that believe in the quaint notion that maybe the job of a judge is to actually follow the law," McConnell added.

Top GOP senators and aides had previously indicated to The Hill that they were likely to set up the final vote for Monday, allowing vulnerable GOP senators to spend the final week before the election back on the campaign trail.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/521913-senate-to-vote-monday-to-confirm-amy-coney-barrett-to-supreme-court
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

Re: Senate to vote Monday to confirm Amy Coney Barrett to Supreme Court
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2020, 08:31:08 pm »
Let's just hope if she is seated that she does not recuse herself if the election needs to be decided by SCOTUS.  I'm not all that confident.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2020, 08:40:49 pm »
Let's just hope if she is seated that she does not recuse herself if the election needs to be decided by SCOTUS.  I'm not all that confident.

My money says she won't.   :patriot:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2020, 08:43:38 pm »
Giter done!. 

Work the Rats into a real lather.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2020, 09:30:07 pm »
My money says she won't.   :patriot:

Leftist morons have this notion that she has to recuse from any decision that involves the President who appointed her.  Of course, this is bullshit, but let them hyperventilate.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online corbe

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2020, 09:32:52 pm »
   Sotomayer didn't recuse herself from the obummercare ruling and she worked on it prior in the lower Courts.  Screw em.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2020, 09:37:28 pm »
   Sotomayer didn't recuse herself from the obummercare ruling and she worked on it prior in the lower Courts.  Screw em.

888high58888
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2020, 09:50:59 pm »

Perzackly.  By that standard, I don't see any reason for a SCOTUS Justice to recuse from anything.  We can take their word they are superhuman and can decide things without any prejudice.  If the ugliest woman to ever be a Justice can do it, anybody can.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: