Archives > Radio Shows

Rush: Trump Innovates on Rally Format by Utilizing Our Technique

(1/1)

mystery-ak:

Trump Innovates on Rally Format by Utilizing Our Technique

Oct 21, 2020

RUSH: Let’s move to Trump. Trump last night at a rally in Erie, Pennsylvania… I love this. Trump last night, he’s innovating on his own rally format. He used a technique popularized by this program. He used a technique… We were the first to do these montages on Rush the TV show, and these montages now have captured American media.

The Rush TV show was 1992 to 1996. We popularized the video montage and then, here on radio, the audio montage. So here is what Trump did. He’s in Erie, Pennsylvania. This is an energy sector state. It is a portion of the state that is very dependent on energy, and Biden and Kamala Harris have both promised to ban fracking, to get rid of fracking and to get rid of fossil fuels.

And they’re out denying that they’ve done that. Kamala Harris is denying she said it. Biden is denying it. So Trump has a montage of these two promising to get rid of fracking and fossil fuels — and here is how it sounded last night at the Trump rally in Erie.

THE PRESIDENT: (outdoor noise) Take a look at this clip. We had it made up and I think you’ll like it. First time I’ve ever done this.

BASH: Would there be any place for fossil fuels including coal and fracking in a Biden administration?

BIDEN: No! We would… We would work it out. We would make sure it’s eliminated and no more subsidies for either one of those.

BIDEN: I guarantee you, we are going to end fossil fuel. No more! No new fracking.

BIDEN: And I’d gradually move away from fracking.

HARRIS: And I think it’s critically important on day one that we end any fossil fuel leases on public land.

VOTER: What about, say, stopping fracking?

BIDEN: Yes!

VOTER: And stopping pipeline infrastructure?

BIDEN: Yeah! Yes! No pipelines! Exactly!

BIDEN: They want to do the same thing I want to do. They want to phase out fossil fuels, and we’re gonna phase out fossil fuels!

HARRIS: There’s no question I’m in favor of banning fracking.

ERIE CROWD: (booing)

THE PRESIDENT: And what we don’t show is his more current version (summarized): “Oh, yes, we’ll have fracking,” and the fake news, they don’t do anything about it. If Biden is elected, he will wipe out your energy industry. Only by voting for me can you save your fracking and Pennsylvania.

RUSH: That’s last night, President Trump at the rally in Erie, Pennsylvania. You ought to make an effort to see these rallies. They’re not as widely televised as they used to be, but he’s doing them left and right this week, and you ought to make an effort to watch. One America Network has them every night. C-SPAN carries some of them.

There’s a number of places you can go. Fox will do some of the rallies. They don’t go wall-to-wall with them. But there are plenty of places, and you really… Folks, you really should make an effort to see these rallies, especially if you haven’t seen one in a couple of weeks. It’ll totally change your mind and your attitude about our chances and what’s happening out there.

You’ll see an upbeat President Trump appearing confident, in the zone, on a roll. It’s really worth your time to find these rallies as they happen and watch them. He’s got them down pat too. He comes in at about an hour, maybe just a little over an hour now. The reason I mentioned this is, I was talking to a couple of people and they were down in the dumps about things ’cause they’re watching and seeing is mainstream media.

“I say, ‘Are you missing the rally?'” “What rally? I don’t know about any rally.” (sigh) “Yeah, yeah. ‘What rally? What rally?'” Trump’s doing four or five a day sometimes and two or three a day. He’s doing four or five in a week. I mean, you’ve got to make an effort to find these. They’re out there, and they are being the televised.

https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/APP-102120-Rally-Grab-6.jpg

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Here’s Gary in Marietta, Ohio. It’s great to have you, sir. Hello.

CALLER: Hello, Mr. Limbaugh. Thank you so much for taking my call. I just wanted to let you know that I’ve been listening to you for 30 years and I’m only 45-years-old, like your caller from California, so I’ve been listening to you since I was 15 years old. My wife and I have two very, very young children that just reached school age. And this year we’re actually buying them for Christmas the entire series of Rush Revere books to help teach them how to read —

RUSH: Well, God bless you. God bless you.

CALLER: Well, I want to thank you for the profound impact that you’ve had on my life, it goes on to their life and the next generation —

RUSH: Let me tell you, when we finish here, don’t hang up. I want to get a shipping address so we can send you a goody package to your kids from the Revere neighborhood. We’ve got a special little thing we’ve put together for just these occasions.

CALLER: Oh, my gosh. That’s so generous. Thank you so much.

RUSH: You bet.

CALLER: The point I wanted to make, I think that President Trump actually won the election last night. I was watching Fox News, which I don’t watch very often anymore, I don’t watch any media, but I turned to it just to kill some time, and I saw the beginning of his rally. And when he went to the big screen to show the montage, I actually welled up with tears in my eyes and I sent my wife a text message that told her that history was made tonight because he had taken a page out of your playbook and had been able to compare and contrast it and the media can never stop that from getting out. That as long as he does that, I think this election is over. I think he’s won it. There are a lot of voters out there like myself that have developed a very emotional connection with President Trump. We watch him every day get beat up day after day and —

RUSH: What was it about this, what was it about that video that made you think the election was won, or was put over the top?

CALLER: It was just finally someone’s able to show the two faces of Joe Biden. You know, you did that on your TV show all the time. I think that’s one of the things that made you so popular was that you were able to take a politician and say, you know, you’re saying this today, but this is what you said a week ago and show it so there’s truth to it. And President Trump did that.

And, you know, I have a very emotional connection with him. I watch him get beat up every day, and every day he chooses to get up and do it again when he doesn’t have to. He can walk away from this job any time he wants and go back to a life that I can only dream to aspire to. But he chooses to do this, and it’s out of nothing less than pure patriotism and love of his country. And I think it was won last night, and if he keeps doing that, I don’t —

RUSH: Well, let me explain to people what you’re talking about. Do not hang up here, Gary, whatever you do. Mr. Snerdley is gonna be picking the phone back up here. Last night the president incorporated innovation in his rallies. He played a montage video. Rush Limbaugh the TV Show popularized the montage video back in 1992 to 1996.

We had the famous Bill Clinton montage video where he was going into the Ron Brown memorial and then sees a camera and immediately starts faking crying. Anyway, Trump played video of Kamala Harris and Joe Biden promising to end fracking. And they’re out there denying it. They’re out there saying they’re not gonna do it. He played video of them over and over promising to do it.

LegalAmerican:

--- Quote from: mystery-ak on October 21, 2020, 08:21:03 pm ---Trump Innovates on Rally Format by Utilizing Our Technique

Oct 21, 2020

RUSH: Let’s move to Trump. Trump last night at a rally in Erie, Pennsylvania… I love this. Trump last night, he’s innovating on his own rally format. He used a technique popularized by this program. He used a technique… We were the first to do these montages on Rush the TV show, and these montages now have captured American media.

The Rush TV show was 1992 to 1996. We popularized the video montage and then, here on radio, the audio montage. So here is what Trump did. He’s in Erie, Pennsylvania. This is an energy sector state. It is a portion of the state that is very dependent on energy, and Biden and Kamala Harris have both promised to ban fracking, to get rid of fracking and to get rid of fossil fuels.

And they’re out denying that they’ve done that. Kamala Harris is denying she said it. Biden is denying it. So Trump has a montage of these two promising to get rid of fracking and fossil fuels — and here is how it sounded last night at the Trump rally in Erie.

THE PRESIDENT: (outdoor noise) Take a look at this clip. We had it made up and I think you’ll like it. First time I’ve ever done this.

BASH: Would there be any place for fossil fuels including coal and fracking in a Biden administration?

BIDEN: No! We would… We would work it out. We would make sure it’s eliminated and no more subsidies for either one of those.

BIDEN: I guarantee you, we are going to end fossil fuel. No more! No new fracking.

BIDEN: And I’d gradually move away from fracking.

HARRIS: And I think it’s critically important on day one that we end any fossil fuel leases on public land.

VOTER: What about, say, stopping fracking?

BIDEN: Yes!

VOTER: And stopping pipeline infrastructure?

BIDEN: Yeah! Yes! No pipelines! Exactly!

BIDEN: They want to do the same thing I want to do. They want to phase out fossil fuels, and we’re gonna phase out fossil fuels!

HARRIS: There’s no question I’m in favor of banning fracking.

ERIE CROWD: (booing)

THE PRESIDENT: And what we don’t show is his more current version (summarized): “Oh, yes, we’ll have fracking,” and the fake news, they don’t do anything about it. If Biden is elected, he will wipe out your energy industry. Only by voting for me can you save your fracking and Pennsylvania.

RUSH: That’s last night, President Trump at the rally in Erie, Pennsylvania. You ought to make an effort to see these rallies. They’re not as widely televised as they used to be, but he’s doing them left and right this week, and you ought to make an effort to watch. One America Network has them every night. C-SPAN carries some of them.

There’s a number of places you can go. Fox will do some of the rallies. They don’t go wall-to-wall with them. But there are plenty of places, and you really… Folks, you really should make an effort to see these rallies, especially if you haven’t seen one in a couple of weeks. It’ll totally change your mind and your attitude about our chances and what’s happening out there.

You’ll see an upbeat President Trump appearing confident, in the zone, on a roll. It’s really worth your time to find these rallies as they happen and watch them. He’s got them down pat too. He comes in at about an hour, maybe just a little over an hour now. The reason I mentioned this is, I was talking to a couple of people and they were down in the dumps about things ’cause they’re watching and seeing is mainstream media.

“I say, ‘Are you missing the rally?'” “What rally? I don’t know about any rally.” (sigh) “Yeah, yeah. ‘What rally? What rally?'” Trump’s doing four or five a day sometimes and two or three a day. He’s doing four or five in a week. I mean, you’ve got to make an effort to find these. They’re out there, and they are being the televised.

https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/APP-102120-Rally-Grab-6.jpg

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Here’s Gary in Marietta, Ohio. It’s great to have you, sir. Hello.

CALLER: Hello, Mr. Limbaugh. Thank you so much for taking my call. I just wanted to let you know that I’ve been listening to you for 30 years and I’m only 45-years-old, like your caller from California, so I’ve been listening to you since I was 15 years old. My wife and I have two very, very young children that just reached school age. And this year we’re actually buying them for Christmas the entire series of Rush Revere books to help teach them how to read —

RUSH: Well, God bless you. God bless you.

CALLER: Well, I want to thank you for the profound impact that you’ve had on my life, it goes on to their life and the next generation —

RUSH: Let me tell you, when we finish here, don’t hang up. I want to get a shipping address so we can send you a goody package to your kids from the Revere neighborhood. We’ve got a special little thing we’ve put together for just these occasions.

CALLER: Oh, my gosh. That’s so generous. Thank you so much.

RUSH: You bet.

CALLER: The point I wanted to make, I think that President Trump actually won the election last night. I was watching Fox News, which I don’t watch very often anymore, I don’t watch any media, but I turned to it just to kill some time, and I saw the beginning of his rally. And when he went to the big screen to show the montage, I actually welled up with tears in my eyes and I sent my wife a text message that told her that history was made tonight because he had taken a page out of your playbook and had been able to compare and contrast it and the media can never stop that from getting out. That as long as he does that, I think this election is over. I think he’s won it. There are a lot of voters out there like myself that have developed a very emotional connection with President Trump. We watch him every day get beat up day after day and —

RUSH: What was it about this, what was it about that video that made you think the election was won, or was put over the top?

CALLER: It was just finally someone’s able to show the two faces of Joe Biden. You know, you did that on your TV show all the time. I think that’s one of the things that made you so popular was that you were able to take a politician and say, you know, you’re saying this today, but this is what you said a week ago and show it so there’s truth to it. And President Trump did that.

And, you know, I have a very emotional connection with him. I watch him get beat up every day, and every day he chooses to get up and do it again when he doesn’t have to. He can walk away from this job any time he wants and go back to a life that I can only dream to aspire to. But he chooses to do this, and it’s out of nothing less than pure patriotism and love of his country. And I think it was won last night, and if he keeps doing that, I don’t —

RUSH: Well, let me explain to people what you’re talking about. Do not hang up here, Gary, whatever you do. Mr. Snerdley is gonna be picking the phone back up here. Last night the president incorporated innovation in his rallies. He played a montage video. Rush Limbaugh the TV Show popularized the montage video back in 1992 to 1996.

We had the famous Bill Clinton montage video where he was going into the Ron Brown memorial and then sees a camera and immediately starts faking crying. Anyway, Trump played video of Kamala Harris and Joe Biden promising to end fracking. And they’re out there denying it. They’re out there saying they’re not gonna do it. He played video of them over and over promising to do it.

--- End quote ---

I love the RUSH threads.  Thank you.  One thing I have to say is; No Rush, baby, you didn't "invent" this technique.
Many have used it before, mostly, to WIPE OUT TRUTH....not SHOW it. lol.

People can come up with the same idea......still love RUSH. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version