Author Topic: Bill Gates: 'Shutting down' economy 'nowhere near sufficient' to stop climate change  (Read 332 times)

rangerrebew

Bill Gates: 'Shutting down' economy 'nowhere near sufficient' to stop climate change

The Microsoft founder also described climate change as "even scarier" than the COVID-19 pandemic.
0:05
By Nicholas Ballasy

Updated: October 19, 2020 - 2:06pm

Bill Gates, co-founder of Microsoft, said the coronavirus pandemic demonstrates that "simply shutting down" the U.S. economy won't bring about net zero carbon emissions to fight climate change.

Gates said the emissions reductions from the pandemic were "quite modest," despite the drastic drop in air travel and car travel.

"Simply shutting down is not going to get to our goal, so just as we need breakthrough innovation for COVID-19, we also need that to get rid of emissions from all the different sectors and bring down climate change," Gates said during the annual meeting for the National Academy of Medicine. "This crosses many areas — how we make electricity, how we make industrial products, grow food, cool our buildings and all of transportation."

https://justthenews.com/politics-policy/environment/gates-shutting-down-economy-wouldnt-stop-climate-change

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Computer nerd who was at the right place, right time, preaching to us to return to the 19th Century.

No thanks!!!!
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

rangerrebew

Let me see.  California wants to do away with gasoline powered cars in 2035, Biden wants to get rid of natural gas by 2035, and now shutting down the economy.  Liberals are giving us a hint as to the significance of 2035, or so it looks.  Of course the world will have burned up before that according to St. Greta. :tongue2:

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Georgia Guidestones stuff. It isn't just industry he's after, it is the inevitable reduction in population that would follow.

(13 of every 14 people eliminated to reach that 'goal'.)
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis