Author Topic: Vox Journo Gets the Smackdown He Deserves After Spreading Fake News About Trump Quote That Went Vira  (Read 350 times)

Offline PeteS in CA

Vox Journo Gets the Smackdown He Deserves After Spreading Fake News About Trump Quote That Went Viral

https://www.redstate.com/sister-toldjah/2020/10/20/vox-journo-gets-the-smackdown-he-deserves-after-spreading-fake-news-about-trump-quote-that-went-viral/

Vox.com’s Aaron Rupar is one of the left-wing website’s more prominent tweeters, frequently posting video snippets from President Trump’s speeches, White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany’s press briefings, etc. in which he takes what they say out of context.

What’s especially bad about the way Rupar operates is that his bogus descriptions of what’s said in the clips are often retweeted uncritically by mainstream media journalists and Democratic politicians alike, who don’t bother to actually watch the videos or ask about context.

This is how fake news often spreads and goes viral. I’ve documented several instances here, of Rupar getting away with this cheap, dishonest tactic. But on Monday, Rupar posted a video and interpretation of a Trump quote that was so mangled and deceitful that even CNN fact-checker Daniel Dale took time out of his 24-7 Trump-bashing to call him out:

Daniel Dale
@ddale8
For people retweeting without watching the full clip: this quote was not a Trump corruption admission. It was him being defensive about Biden outraising him - saying he COULD easily raise tons of money if he wanted to call up CEOs and make corrupt bargains, but he won’t do that.
The problem with Rupar’s mea culpa here is that he waited to pull down the fake news quote until it had almost 5 million views. And a big reason why it had nearly that many views is because it had been amplified by several, equally-dishonest Democratic politicians, including AOC and Ted Lieu:
Not surprisingly, disgraced former CBS News anchor Dan Rather got in on the act, too, which helped Rupar’s lie about what Trump said spread:

The MSM have been brazenly lying about Trump like this for over 5 years. I guess this lie was too pungent for Daniel Dale not to call it out. Or maybe it's a grander CYA game among MSMers.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline LegalAmerican

Vox Journo Gets the Smackdown He Deserves After Spreading Fake News About Trump Quote That Went Viral

https://www.redstate.com/sister-toldjah/2020/10/20/vox-journo-gets-the-smackdown-he-deserves-after-spreading-fake-news-about-trump-quote-that-went-viral/
The problem with Rupar’s mea culpa here is that he waited to pull down the fake news quote until it had almost 5 million views. And a big reason why it had nearly that many views is because it had been amplified by several, equally-dishonest Democratic politicians, including AOC and Ted Lieu:

Not surprisingly, disgraced former CBS News anchor Dan Rather got in on the act, too, which helped Rupar’s lie about what Trump said spread:

The MSM have been brazenly lying about Trump like this for over 5 years. I guess this lie was too pungent for Daniel Dale not to call it out. Or maybe it's a grander CYA game among MSMers.

I don't have Tv service.  Just as well.  Nothing on 'news' is truthful or correct. Just aggravating.  I have internet if I want any news.  I prefer to get it direct from POTUS!   And POTUS,  accomplishment site.