Author Topic: Joe Buck and Troy Aikman caught in hot mic moment ridiculing the military flyover before NFL game  (Read 922 times)

Offline PeteS in CA

Joe Buck and Troy Aikman caught in hot mic moment ridiculing the military flyover before NFL game

https://www.theblaze.com/news/joe-buck-troy-aikman-flyover

Former Dallas Cowboys quarterback Troy Aikman and longtime announcer Joe Buck were awaiting for the game between the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and the Green Bay Packers when they made the comments.

"That's a lot of jet fuel just to do a little flyover," Aikman said.

"That's your hard-earned money and your tax dollars at work!" joked Buck.

"That stuff ain't happening with Kamala-Biden ticket. I'll tell you that right now, partner," Aikman responded.

The interaction was published by Defector media, which claimed that they were tipped off about the interaction.

Fans should drop a line to Fox Sports and its owner Fox Corporation (which Disney does not own).
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline DB

That's a lot of electricity and resources used for a little entertainment.

Maybe the football games should stop too to save the planet... And those stadiums were built with taxpayer money too....

Offline dfwgator

Troy has never come off as a liberal to me.  I think the tell is "Kamala-Biden",  not only the order, but the fact he used "Kamala".   A liberal wouldn't do that.

Joe seems to be the liberal of the two.

Offline Idiot

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Troy has never come off as a liberal to me.  I think the tell is "Kamala-Biden",  not only the order, but the fact he used "Kamala".   A liberal wouldn't do that.

Joe seems to be the liberal of the two.

Agreed.   I figured Buck for a libtard given his background.  Looks like Aikky Breaky is a tard too. He prolly got sucked into it.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online mountaineer

Aikman's twitter response:

Troy Aikman@TroyAikman
11m
I love a flyover but It was odd to see one over a mostly empty stadium but I am an unwavering patriot that loves this country, has always respected our flag, supported the men and women in the armed forces as well as those in uniform who serve & protect and for anyone to suggest otherwise doesn’t know me, my beliefs or what I have stood for my entire life.  🇺🇸
I suspect Joe Buck was the jerk here.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
How many of the cardboard fans fell over? Maybe they weren't doing it right (should have got them all).
« Last Edit: October 21, 2020, 07:13:00 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline LegalAmerican

How many of the cardboard fans fell over? Maybe they weren't doing it fight (should have got them all).

:bigsilly:

Offline Idiot

I always kind of liked Aikman.....oh well...another on bites the dust.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
Except for Buck's endorsement of "Harris-Biden" they weren't wrong. (Codicil: I'm not voting for either Tweety/Tuppence or Joe the Boretender/Kamala-rama-ding-dong.)

If we must have them, leave the damn flyovers for appropriate national holidays. (Veterans Day, Memorial Day, the Fourth of July.) While I'm at it, can "The Star Spangled Banner" at every damn last American sport event and leave the compulsory patriotism to the countries where patriotism is or else. If love of country isn't in your heart, all the flags and flyovers compelling salutes isn't going to mean a thing.

I'm well enough on record in that regard: Not just as I just said about the flyovers (ever wonder why a sporting event played seaside never gets a Navy display?), say this about "The Star Spangled Banner": save it for the games/events played on genuine national holidays (thinking now from today forward)---Veterans Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's Day, President's Day, Martin Luther King, Jr.'s Birthday, Memorial Day, Flag Day, the Fourth of July.

Save it for the significant games/races/matches: Opening Days; the Super Bowl; Games One of the World Series, the NBA Finals, the WNBA Finals, the Stanley Cup Finals (if they begin in the American team's arena), the MLS Cup Championship Game (Major League Soccer); the Indianapolis 500; the Daytona 500; the Kentucky Derby that kicks off thoroughbred racing's Triple Crown and the Belmont Stakes if there might be a Triple Crown winner that season; Day One of the Masters Tournament; All-Star Games; and, likewise elsewhere, you get the idea.

Patriotism is simply too precious to be rendered meaningless, which is what playing "The Star Spangled Banner" or running military flyovers at practically every sporting event makes it when all is said and done.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline Smokin Joe

Except for Buck's endorsement of "Harris-Biden" they weren't wrong. (Codicil: I'm not voting for either Tweety/Tuppence or Joe the Boretender/Kamala-rama-ding-dong.)

If we must have them, leave the damn flyovers for appropriate national holidays. (Veterans Day, Memorial Day, the Fourth of July.) While I'm at it, can "The Star Spangled Banner" at every damn last American sport event and leave the compulsory patriotism to the countries where patriotism is or else. If love of country isn't in your heart, all the flags and flyovers compelling salutes isn't going to mean a thing.

I'm well enough on record in that regard: Not just as I just said about the flyovers (ever wonder why a sporting event played seaside never gets a Navy display?), say this about "The Star Spangled Banner": save it for the games/events played on genuine national holidays (thinking now from today forward)---Veterans Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's Day, President's Day, Martin Luther King, Jr.'s Birthday, Memorial Day, Flag Day, the Fourth of July.

Save it for the significant games/races/matches: Opening Days; the Super Bowl; Games One of the World Series, the NBA Finals, the WNBA Finals, the Stanley Cup Finals (if they begin in the American team's arena), the MLS Cup Championship Game (Major League Soccer); the Indianapolis 500; the Daytona 500; the Kentucky Derby that kicks off thoroughbred racing's Triple Crown and the Belmont Stakes if there might be a Triple Crown winner that season; Day One of the Masters Tournament; All-Star Games; and, likewise elsewhere, you get the idea.

Patriotism is simply too precious to be rendered meaningless, which is what playing "The Star Spangled Banner" or running military flyovers at practically every sporting event makes it when all is said and done.
I get that you want it reserved for special occasions, otherwise it becomes commonplace and loses something.

But pilots have to train anyway, so while they're up there punching holes in clouds, why not do a flyover. It's good practice for runs at time on target, which is part of that training.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
I get that you want it reserved for special occasions, otherwise it becomes commonplace and loses something.

But pilots have to train anyway, so while they're up there punching holes in clouds, why not do a flyover. It's good practice for runs at time on target, which is part of that training.
@Smokin Joe
Maybe if they targeted football games.  wink777

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline Smokin Joe

C S Lewis