Author Topic: Rampant shoplifting leads to another Walgreens closing in S.F.  (Read 1827 times)

Offline PeteS in CA

Rampant shoplifting leads to another Walgreens closing in S.F.
« on: October 20, 2020, 05:55:01 pm »

https://www.sfchronicle.com/bayarea/philmatier/article/Rampant-shoplifting-leads-to-another-Walgreens-15654730.php

After months of seeing its shelves repeatedly cleaned out by brazen shoplifters, the Walgreens at Van Ness and Eddy in San Francisco is getting ready to close.

“The last day is Nov. 11,” Walgreens spokesman Phil Caruso said.

The drugstore, which serves many older people who live in the Opera Plaza area, is the seventh Walgreens to close in the city since 2019.

“All of us knew it was coming. Whenever we go in there, they always have problems with shoplifters, ” said longtime customer Sebastian Luke, who lives a block away and is a frequent customer who has been posting photos of the thefts for months. The other day, Luke photographed a man casually clearing a couple of shelves and placing the goods into a backpack.

Prop 47 strikes again.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Re: Rampant shoplifting leads to another Walgreens closing in S.F.
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2020, 06:17:16 pm »
When it comes to business, liberals generally use unicorn theory logic.

They are completely institutional in their thinking, as if once the building it up and things are running, it will always be there no matter how much you milk it for cash, because it's an institution that can never go away.

Yes, it's pretty much the worldview a narcissistic child has.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2020, 10:09:28 pm »
PeteS posted:
"Prop 47 strikes again..."

Hmmm...
The voters/citizens of California VOTED for this (as distinguished from the legislature passing it as a bill), right...?

If so, then what else is there to say, really...?
The future they'll get is the one they want.
Those who do not agree with such sentiments had best GET OUT while the gettin's good.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2020, 10:44:06 pm »
PeteS posted:
"Prop 47 strikes again..."

Hmmm...
The voters/citizens of California VOTED for this (as distinguished from the legislature passing it as a bill), right...?

If so, then what else is there to say, really...?
The future they'll get is the one they want.
Those who do not agree with such sentiments had best GET OUT while the gettin's good.

A majority voted for it. But all Californians, including people like me who voted against it, are suffering its predictable consequences.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline skeeter

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2020, 11:20:29 pm »
A majority voted for it. But all Californians, including people like me who voted against it, are suffering its predictable consequences.

The 60 percent of Californians who can't find their ass with both hands are dragging the 40 percent of us who can straight to progressive hell along with them.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2020, 11:26:35 pm »
The 60 percent of Californians who can't find their ass with both hands are dragging the 40 percent of us who can straight to progressive hell along with them.

One day closer.

Thanks California!
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline skeeter

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2020, 11:31:08 pm »
One day closer.

Thanks California!

Hey don't blame me - I'll put my 40 year voting record in this damn state up against the reddest neck in the reddest state you care to name.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2020, 11:34:50 pm »
This isn't unusual.

Several years ago in Decatur Walgreens built a new store right in the middle of the worst part of town...in less than two years it was closed and boarded up..it had been robbed so many times I guess they admitted defeat and closed.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2020, 11:38:32 pm »
Hey don't blame me - I'll put my 40 year voting record in this damn state up against the reddest neck in the reddest state you care to name.

Not blaming you. It is the crap I blame. They keep it up and it is one day closer the anarchy BS hits the level shooting these ashholes in the head becomes the reality. (The serial killer in me smiles)

The only downside to the headshot in (Walgreens) and it is cleanup on aisles 3, 4, and 5...
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2021, 06:17:30 pm »
Walgreens shutters 10 stores in San Francisco as residents point to rampant shoplifting

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/walgreens-store-closures-san-francisco-shoplifting

Pharmacy giant Walgreens has closed its 10th store in the San Francisco area, prompting residents to blame rampant shoplifting caused by the city's soft-on-crime policies.

The store is set to permanently shut its doors on March 17, and the move has drawn an online petition against the closure, which accrued over 200 signatures at the time of publishing. The closure is the third since mid-October 2020, and those living in the area reported brazen thefts at Walgreens pharmacies throughout their hometowns.
Under California law, theft under $950 is considered a misdemeanor, but many prosecutors throughout the state have opted to free those charged with the offense under certain conditions rather than holding them in jail for the maximum sentence of six months.

Just a stray thought ... I wonder how many of those 10 closed stores might otherwise be vaccination sites. I don't know how SF is doing, but it is CA's fourth most populous city and CA is doing rather poorly in getting people vaccinated. Had CA gotten its vaccination act together in just 5 counties - LA, San Diego, Orange, Santa Clara, and SF - CA would be well above average in its vaccination effort.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2021, 06:45:47 pm »

https://www.sfchronicle.com/bayarea/philmatier/article/Rampant-shoplifting-leads-to-another-Walgreens-15654730.php

Prop 47 strikes again.

Ayn Rand wrote a book about this.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2021, 06:51:31 pm »
Ayn Rand wrote a book about this.

We are living in a Rand and Orwell combined novel right now. Nostradaumus doesn't have shit on these two.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2021, 06:59:42 pm »
We are living in a Rand and Orwell combined novel right now. Nostradaumus doesn't have shit on these two.

Directive 10-289 will soon kick in, forcing these Walgreens stores to remain open until every item of store inventory is looted.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2021, 06:59:49 pm »

Prop 47 strikes again.

@PeteS in CA

This is always the outcome when you promise people something for nothing. Guess what? You get whole new herds of people showing up to demand all the "free stuff"

Rational/non-selfish people who don't think the world exists to personally please them,KNOW that there is NOTHING "free" in life but grief,and you usually end up getting billed for that.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2021, 07:02:59 pm »
When it comes to business, liberals generally use unicorn theory logic.

They are completely institutional in their thinking, as if once the building it up and things are running, it will always be there no matter how much you milk it for cash, because it's an institution that can never go away.

Yes, it's pretty much the worldview a narcissistic child has.

@Free Vulcan

Well,most of them grow up in wealthy familes and have trust funds that stared on the day they were born. The others are "professional vic-tums ob de white mans". The only thing they have in common is they both think the world owes them a living just because they were born.

Offline DB

« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2021, 07:05:31 pm »

Doesn't really matter.

Are you going to continue to feed the beast that is eating you alive or are you going to move somewhere else where they don't believe they own you?

When the masses want their way with you you really only have one choice, if you can. Leave. That's why I left my home state of nearly 50 years.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2021, 07:06:45 pm »

@skeeter

It doesn't matter. You are going to have to suffer,along with the people who voted for it all.

MY best advise,and worth every nickel it cost you,is to sell everything NOW and move away before the property values drop to zero. Do it NOW,while you can still afford to move.

ONE note of caution,though. Do NOT try to "bring California with you" when you move somewhere else. If we had wanted to hear that crap,WE would have moved to Ca.

BassWrangler

« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2021, 07:12:23 pm »
This isn't unusual.

Several years ago in Decatur Walgreens built a new store right in the middle of the worst part of town...in less than two years it was closed and boarded up..it had been robbed so many times I guess they admitted defeat and closed.

I remember in Atlanta when they opened the MARTA rail line up to Lenox Square. The shoplifters would catch the train from South Atlanta up to Lenox Square, and the ride back. There was this big squawk about increased security in the stores, so in the end a number of them just closed up shop.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2021, 07:24:56 pm »

@skeeter

I once worked as a security guard in Denver. Mostly bodyguard work,but sometimes I got called in to fill in for someone who had a regular "spot" who had called in sick.

I once got called in to work security at a chain grocery store in the "black section" of town. The store manager and everybody else that worked there was black. The store manager took one look at me,and told me to stay behind the one-way glass in the meat counter section and observe,but to NOT try to arrest anyone for anything less than assault or robbery. He said that if I tried to arrest anyone for shoplifting,he,the store,and I would all get sued,and the perp would have witnesses ready to testify the person arrested had "not done anything. He was just minding his own business when the security guard attacked him for no reason at all!". Sometimes they will even have friends testify that "They will have "witnesses" willing to testify in court that they didn't steal anything,and that they saw you planting the goods on the suspect."

He also said that he had been shot at twice after closing the store at night,and a lot of timAes he made a call to the DPD to have a squad car come by at closing time so he could walk to his car without being attacked.

He then told me HE had been shot at twice that year while leaving the store at closing time,and that more than once he had called the DPD to request a squad car at closing time due to threats. He was pretty much a nervous wreck,and I doubt he stayed there much longer.

All night I watched parents AND their chill-runs walking down the aisles,just taking stuff off the shelves and eating it as they shopped. Just like there was nothing wrong with it and it wasn't stealing.

And some people STILL wonder why grocery prices are higher in the "Get-Toe" than the more upscale neighborhoods.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2021, 07:38:33 pm »
I remember in Atlanta when they opened the MARTA rail line up to Lenox Square. The shoplifters would catch the train from South Atlanta up to Lenox Square, and the ride back. There was this big squawk about increased security in the stores, so in the end a number of them just closed up shop.

MARTA had many acronims.  But it truly was an underground railroad.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

BassWrangler

« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2021, 07:45:08 pm »
MARTA had many acronims.  But it truly was an underground railroad.

Yes, I remember one of those colorful acronyms.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2021, 08:17:51 pm »
And some people STILL wonder why grocery prices are higher in the "Get-Toe" than the more upscale neighborhoods.
And they whine that certain parts of town are "food deserts," as if it would make any sense at all for a chain grocery store to try to engage in business there.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline skeeter

« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2021, 08:39:41 pm »
@skeeter

It doesn't matter. You are going to have to suffer,along with the people who voted for it all.

MY best advise,and worth every nickel it cost you,is to sell everything NOW and move away before the property values drop to zero. Do it NOW,while you can still afford to move.

ONE note of caution,though. Do NOT try to "bring California with you" when you move somewhere else. If we had wanted to hear that crap,WE would have moved to Ca.

The 'California' I'd bring would be an improvement to any red state.

The wife is interested in N FLA, BTW.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2021, 11:32:33 pm »
The 'California' I'd bring would be an improvement to any red state.

The wife is interested in N FLA, BTW.

@skeeter

Learn how to speak "yankee" before you move,and there will be no speed bumps.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2021, 11:36:05 pm »
Get away from the coasts. But Idaho is full.