Author Topic: San Diego School Districts Abolish Grades to Combat Racism  (Read 728 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
San Diego School Districts Abolish Grades to Combat Racism
« on: October 20, 2020, 03:03:38 pm »
San Diego School Districts Abolish Grades to Combat Racism
By Catherine Smith
October 19, 2020

In an effort to combat racial discrimination the San Diego Unified School District last week announced plans to abolish the traditional grading system, Fox News reports.

According to the data, black students received D or F grades 20 percent of the time and hispanic students received them 23 percent of the time, while white students received them 7 percent of the time and asian students received them 6 percent of the time from the first semester of the last school year, the San Diego Union-Tribune reported.

Under the district’s new system, students will not be penalized for failing to complete assignments and factors like classroom behavior will not be counted toward their overall academic grade. A student’s citizenship grade will replace their academic grade.

SDUSD Vice President Richard Barrera said the overhaul represents the district’s “honest reckoning.”

“If we’re actually going to be an anti-racist school district, we have to confront practices like this that have gone on for years and years,” Barrera said. “I think this reflects a reality that students have described to us and it’s a change that’s a long time coming.”

more
https://amgreatness.com/2020/10/19/san-diego-school-districts-ditches-grading-to-combat-racism/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Re: San Diego School Districts Abolish Grades to Combat Racism
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2020, 08:33:20 pm »
And after graduating these ignorant incompetent students will there be demands that they get the college slots that competent students who worked and achieved education should? They way I read this if a complete moron simply attended school everyday and sat quietly and responded to the teacher and others politely they could be the graduating classes Valedictorian. Or in this districts case THE IDIOTS IDIOT!

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2020, 08:37:59 pm »
Liberals ruin everything hey touch.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline berdie

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2020, 08:39:51 pm »
This is nutty. An extension of every child gets a trophy I guess.

My timing has always been lousy. With this system in place...who knows what I might have been. :laugh:

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2020, 09:10:39 pm »
Standardized GI student testing is good for the community, the student, etc.

The infantry score is the most heavily weighted in the battery.

"Beiing bright enough to keep your sorry ass alive.

http://www.militaryaptitudetests.com/asvab
"
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online cato potatoe

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2020, 12:09:25 am »
When I was in elementary school, our state used the California Achievement Test for year end grading.  That was before testing was racist ... I think Deukmejian was governor?  It's kind of hard to imagine now.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2020, 08:56:51 am »
What? Being smart is racist now?

(Hide the problem, but don't fix it.)
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline HuskyPatriot

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2020, 03:34:11 pm »
That's great.  Lower the standards to accommodate the PC crowd!  How does this help students at all (of any color)??  The real world doesn't pander like this, at least it shouldn't. 

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2020, 04:12:12 pm »
That's great.  Lower the standards to accommodate the PC crowd!  How does this help students at all (of any color)??  The real world doesn't pander like this, at least it shouldn't.

Meanwhile students from India and China will continue to eat our lunch and get the best jobs.  Has anyone gone to a recent High School Graduation, and noticed the names of the top students?

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2020, 04:27:15 pm »
This is nutty. An extension of every child gets a trophy I guess.

My timing has always been lousy. With this system in place...who knows what I might have been. :laugh:

Now you know why quality control and Mal practice has gone through the roof.  Everyone can pretend they are competent.
My son needed a root canal done.  Dentist did that to WRONG TOOTH.  Now, he needs two caps, and another session with another root canal, with the original problem. Original problem?  Some dentist drilled too close to nerve with a filling and pressure on that tooth is constant pain. 

(just making a comment, nothing against you.) 

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2020, 04:28:58 pm »
What? Being smart is racist now?

(Hide the problem, but don't fix it.)

Thank you.   888mouth

(tiny joke)