Author Topic: Clyburn on Stimulus Deal: ‘We Are Not Just Going to Take Anything Simply Because It’ll Be Something’  (Read 442 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Clyburn on Stimulus Deal: ‘We Are Not Just Going to Take Anything Simply Because It’ll Be Something’

Trent Baker 20 Oct 2020

As talks to pass another stimulus package to offer relief to Americans suffering from the coronavirus pandemic and the shutdowns put in place to help mitigate the spread of the virus come to a close on Tuesday, House Majority Whip James Clyburn (D-SC) said Democrats “are not just going to take anything.”

Clyburn told CNN’s “New Day” that Democrats want a “package that’s fair” rather than a package “simply because it’ll be something.”

“I’m tired of people telling me, ‘Here, this is all you get. This or nothing,'” Clyburn stated. “We have to negotiate.”

“There are some Democrats in vulnerable positions. They’ll accept anything. Well, that’s not going to be the case here,” he outlined. “We are going to do what’s fair. That’s what we want to see done. And we are not just going to take anything simply because it’ll be something. No, that’s not what we’re going to do. We want to negotiate from a position of fairness. And we want them to come up with a package that’s fair to everybody. That’s what these people are gambling on. They’re gambling on us caving just to get something.”

Clyburn also advised that if a deal is not reached Tuesday, Americans should expect relief in January 2021 if President Donald Trump does not win reelection.

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2020/10/20/clyburn-on-stimulus-deal-we-are-not-just-going-to-take-anything-simply-because-itll-be-something/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
When democrats say 'fair' they mean they will take the lions share, and their opposition can have the scraps on the floor.  The sacred lie and deceits of the demorats forbids they actually never commit the error of real fairness.
 :2popcorn:
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Online roamer_1

When democrats say 'fair' they mean they will take the lions share, and their opposition can have the scraps on the floor.  The sacred lie and deceits of the demorats forbids they actually never commit the error of real fairness.
 :2popcorn:

Real fairness would be not endebting our grandchilden and even great grandchildren before they're even born. That ain't just democrats. We ain't got the damn money.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Right.

Fine.

Don't take anything--at all.

Then you won't have to sell the American people on what (small fraction) you are "giving" them (back).
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
For many decades democrats massively spent and indebted this nation and people,  and stooges remained silent.  Odd how vocal they became against spending after President Trump took office.  Is it the enormity of the hypocrisy that they revel in it so ? :silly: :rolling: :silly:

at least Trump didn't bankroll our worst enemies with our own money like the democrats did, Communist or jihadist.
 :yowsa:
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline dancer

“I’m tired of people telling me, ‘Here, this is all you get. This or nothing,'” Clyburn stated. “We have to negotiate.”

Imagine "having to negotiate" coming out of a Crat's mouth.  :silly:

No Clyburn, we do not support bailing out your feckless Democrat mayors and governors who have encouraged rioting, looting and violence, not to mention their treatment of the elderly.  Real citizens need help and they need it now.   22222frying pan

They won't be happy until they succeed in crashing the economy.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
One of the signs of a good negotiator is the ability to walk away from a bad deal. Trump did that, and they're having fits.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis