Author Topic: GOP blocks Schumer effort to adjourn Senate until after election  (Read 274 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

GOP blocks Schumer effort to adjourn Senate until after election
By Jordain Carney - 10/19/20 08:04 PM EDT

Republicans on Monday shot down an effort by Democratic Leader Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.) to adjourn the Senate until after the election, a move that would have effectively punted Judge Amy Coney Barrett's Supreme Court confirmation until after Nov. 3.

Schumer moved to adjourn the Senate until Nov. 9, with the caveat that if a coronavirus relief deal was reached by House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) and Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin that they would return to vote.

"This is the most rushed, most partisan, least legitimate Supreme Court nomination process in our nation's history ... and it should not proceed," Schumer said.

But Republicans in a 48-42 vote pigeonholed Schumer's request. The Senate is expected to come back into session on Tuesday.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/521788-gop-blocks-schumer-effort-to-adjourn-senate-until-after-election
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Re: GOP blocks Schumer effort to adjourn Senate until after election
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2020, 06:34:19 pm »
Some Republicans do the democrats dirty work, blocking the President from appointing a new Supreme Court nominee, Barret.  This is clear cut globalist machinations of our government processes.
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: GOP blocks Schumer effort to adjourn Senate until after election
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2020, 06:47:13 pm »
I'll give Schumer credit.  He's a sneaky little shit.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.