Author Topic: Cancer-stricken Rush Limbaugh says he can no longer deny he's 'under a death sentence  (Read 1067 times)

Offline mrclose

My heart and prayers go out to Rush!

Cancer-stricken talk radio legend Rush Limbaugh provided listeners a somber update on his condition Monday after recent scans showed “some progression of cancer,” which he said is “not dramatic” but still a step in the wrong direction.

Limbaugh announced in February that he was diagnosed with advanced lung cancer and had missed several shows this month to undergo treatment. 

“From the moment you get the diagnosis, there’s a part of you every day, OK, that’s it, life’s over, you just don’t know when,” Limbaugh said. “So, during the period of time after the diagnosis, you do what you can to prolong life, do what you can to prolong a happy life. You measure a happy life against whatever medication it takes.” 

Limbaugh, who recently hosted President Trump for a two-hour interview, continued the devastating update on his diagnosis. 

“It’s tough to realize that the days where I do not think I’m under a death sentence are over,” Limbaugh continued. “Now, we all are, is the point. We all know that we’re going to die at some point, but when you have a terminal disease diagnosis that has a time frame to it, then that puts a different psychological and even physical awareness to it.”

https://www.foxnews.com/media/cancer-stricken-rush-limbaugh-says-he-can-no-longer-deny-hes-under-a-death-sentence
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Rush stood against the tidal wave of ultra-rich global criminals buying/influencing most of Americas most powerful institutions who often openly warred against Rush.  Their fight against Rush seemed to only make Rush stronger and help people to see what was really at stake and who really threatened us.  As a truly great American, Rush did a great deal to preserve the Union.  Abraham Lincoln would have been proud of Rush joining i a crucial time that critically impacted the life and future of the Nation.  America for a time was a dam that had begun to leak badly, Rush came along and got America through, when few others took interest.  Many others finally decided to follow in his path.
 :patriot: :patriot: :amen: :patriot: :patriot:
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Man is the only animal that knows he will die. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline LegalAmerican

Rush stood against the tidal wave of ultra-rich global criminals buying/influencing most of Americas most powerful institutions who often openly warred against Rush.  Their fight against Rush seemed to only make Rush stronger and help people to see what was really at stake and who really threatened us.  As a truly great American, Rush did a great deal to preserve the Union.  Abraham Lincoln would have been proud of Rush joining i a crucial time that critically impacted the life and future of the Nation.  America for a time was a dam that had begun to leak badly, Rush came along and got America through, when few others took interest.  Many others finally decided to follow in his path.
 :patriot: :patriot: :amen: :patriot: :patriot:

:amen:   :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot:

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
I've always felt we as a nation owe Rush a great debt.

He was not perfect, I didn't always agree with him, but the mealy-mouthed, bleating little sheep that constantly nit-picked him for not being the doctrinaire conservative, also did not for one second stand up with any cock and balls whatsoever against the leftist onslaught that was thrown against us.

He did.

Sometimes he was the lone voice in the wilderness sounding the alarm. He exposed so many things the Dems were doing, and if they had gotten away with them, this country right now would be a total hellscape.

There are few things I respect more than someone who has the big platform and uses it for good. Rush has my utmost respect.
The Republic is lost.

Offline aligncare

I've always felt we as a nation owe Rush a great debt.

He was not perfect, I didn't always agree with him, but the mealy-mouthed, bleating little sheep that constantly nit-picked him for not being the doctrinaire conservative, also did not for one second stand up with any cock and balls whatsoever against the leftist onslaught that was thrown against us.

He did.

Sometimes he was the lone voice in the wilderness sounding the alarm. He exposed so many things the Dems were doing, and if they had gotten away with them, this country right now would be a total hellscape.

There are few things I respect more than someone who has the big platform and uses it for good. Rush has my utmost respect.

Rush angered me only a couple of times over the years, but mostly he kept me company five days a week and lifted my spirits and made me laugh when at times it seemed America was going mad. Sorta like today.

Trump and Rush are similar in that they are both reviled as meanies by the national press, when in fact they are big hearted pussycats and love tweaking the media with the truth.

Offline skeeter

Rush angered me only a couple of times over the years, but mostly he kept me company five days a week and lifted my spirits and made me laugh when at times it seemed America was going mad. Sorta like today.

Trump and Rush are similar in that they are both reviled as meanies by the national press, when in fact they are big hearted pussycats and love tweaking the media with the truth.

I can't forget the effect of hearing him for the first time back in '89 or '90 had on me, after having been immersed for years in nothing but leftist crap. I'll always be grateful for that.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Was a faithful listener '91 - '16.  Admit that his greasing the skids for Trump caused me to stop listening though.

But in the grand scheme of things, El Rushbo is an iconic legend who  single handledly invented political  talk radio.  I thank you Rush for helping us keep our sanity, especially in the sleazy Clinton years.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline aligncare

I can't forget the effect of hearing him for the first time back in '89 or '90 had on me, after having been immersed for years in nothing but leftist crap. I'll always be grateful for that.

It was ‘88 for me, in Northern California at the time.

After listening to that first show I became aware of two things. One, I agreed with what this man was saying about politics and about human nature; and two, his message was opposite of everything I had ever read in the New York Times or heard on Meet The Press and every other Sunday news show.

It was clear his opinions were dangerous to the status quo. But, for several years after I began listening, I kept silent in casual conversations about politics, too afraid to voice my agreement with Rush. That is, until I gained the confidence to declare out loud that I was a conservative and proud of it!

Like millions of other Americans I credit Rush with my conversion.

By the way, 1988 was the year I finally went through the process to become a naturalized AMERICAN CITIZEN. So, it was fate that I saw a small, mostly negative article in the local Redding newspaper about the crazy many on the radio, that lead me to look for his show on the AM dial and I have been listening ever since.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

By the way, 1988 was the year I finally went through the process to become a naturalized AMERICAN CITIZEN.

My compliments, you have more savy pollitically and knowledge of government than 95% of the numbnuts out there who seem to have slept through their 9th grade Civics Class.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline skeeter

It was ‘88 for me, in Northern California at the time.

After listening to that first show I became aware of two things. One, I agreed with what this man was saying about politics and about human nature; and two, his message was opposite of everything I had ever read in the New York Times or heard on Meet The Press and every other Sunday news show.

It was clear his opinions were dangerous to the status quo. But, for several years after I began listening, I kept silent in casual conversations about politics, too afraid to voice my agreement with Rush. That is, until I gained the confidence to declare out loud that I was a conservative and proud of it!

Like millions of other Americans I credit Rush with my conversion.

By the way, 1988 was the year I finally went through the process to become a naturalized AMERICAN CITIZEN. So, it was fate that I saw a small, mostly negative article in the local Redding newspaper about the crazy many on the radio, that lead me to look for his show on the AM dial and I have been listening ever since.
The rat media are often their own worst enemy.

I was raised in a Goldwater supporting household in the SF Bay Area - Redding might as well have been the deep south. Rush was the first unapologetic media ally I had ever encountered.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Rush is the guy I was listening to on the radio when the light went on back in 94 and I made the decision to enter the realm of politics.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
I started listening to him back on NYC radio in the late 80s before he was syndicated. He was on at 12 and Bob Grant was on at 3.

He would rip on Mayor Dinkins and play music from the 50s and 60s I hadn’t ever heard besides the Pretenders. It grew on you.

I really liked him before he was syndicated. Don’t get me wrong, he’s always been good. But it was interesting to hear him hone his craft at WABC.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
RUSH'S specialty clips and comedy skits were so delicious, and he called 'em like he saw them femi-Nazis, enviro-Nazis and all.
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline mrclose

Do Animals Experience Grief?

A growing body of evidence points to how animals are aware of death and will sometimes mourn for or ritualize their dead

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/do-animals-experience-grief-180970124/

"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Offline GrouchoTex

I ran into Rush purely by accident, around 1993?
I was looking for a baseball playoff game on the a.m. radio at work one day in October.
I have been listening since, when I can.

Offline LegalAmerican

Bingo. And neither one made me angry.  Wonder why?   :thumbsup:

Offline LegalAmerican

Do Animals Experience Grief?

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/do-animals-experience-grief-180970124/

Yes they do.  Dogs, cats and elephant's......probably more.   OR.  ALL. 

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@Wingnut

Completely,absolutely wrong. If anything,they are more aware of death than humans. Humans invented God,Heaven,and Hell to try to avoid the reality of final death.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!