Author Topic: Buttigieg claims Amy Coney Barrett confirmation puts his marriage in danger  (Read 3102 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Buttigieg claims Amy Coney Barrett confirmation puts his marriage in danger

Buttigieg said a conservative majority on the Court might seek to dismantle the 2015 ruling on same-sex marriage

By Yael Halon | Fox News

Former South Bend, Ind., Mayor Pete Buttigieg, who now serves on Joe Biden's transition team, suggested Sunday that President Trump’s supreme court nominee, Amy Coney Barrett, poses a threat to his marriage.

"There are all kinds of interesting questions about the future of the American judiciary, but right now, as we speak, the preexisting condition coverage of millions of Americans might depend on what is about to happen in the Senate with regard to this justice," Buttigieg told "Fox News Sunday" host Chris Wallace.

Buttigieg, who married his husband in 2018, then suggested that the Obama-era same-sex marriage ruling could be considered among the rulings that a conservative court would seek to dismantle.

"My marriage might depend on what is about to happen in the Senate with regard to this justice," he said. "So many issues are on the line."

more
https://www.foxnews.com/media/buttigieg-amy-coney-barrett-confirmation-marrige-fox-news-sunday

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Idiot

Buttigieg claims Amy Coney Barrett confirmation puts his marriage in danger

Buttigieg said a conservative majority on the Court might seek to dismantle the 2015 ruling on same-sex marriage

By Yael Halon | Fox News

Former South Bend, Ind., Mayor Pete Buttigieg, who now serves on Joe Biden's transition team, suggested Sunday that President Trump’s supreme court nominee, Amy Coney Barrett, poses a threat to his marriage.

"There are all kinds of interesting questions about the future of the American judiciary, but right now, as we speak, the preexisting condition coverage of millions of Americans might depend on what is about to happen in the Senate with regard to this justice," Buttigieg told "Fox News Sunday" host Chris Wallace.

Buttigieg, who married his husband in 2018, then suggested that the Obama-era same-sex marriage ruling could be considered among the rulings that a conservative court would seek to dismantle.

"My marriage might depend on what is about to happen in the Senate with regard to this justice," he said. "So many issues are on the line."

more
https://www.foxnews.com/media/buttigieg-amy-coney-barrett-confirmation-marrige-fox-news-sunday

:3:

Offline LegalAmerican

:3:

I agree.  The PURPOSE of marriage was to protect any children born of that union, between a man & woman. I don't believe in surrogacy or using some sperm, egg, to create a child, for THEIR GRATIFICATION.  They are not thinking of the child's feelings, who desire a mom and dad.  The need to know WHO, those people are: mom & dad.   Same sex does not need anything like 'marriage'.  They have legal recourse if they want someone protected legally.  They can even adopt each other!  Just trying to 'make' a perversion seem normal. 

Offline LegalAmerican

BTW. NINE S.C.  They think, one person, has that much power?   

Offline Victoria33

I know a professional woman who is married to another professional woman and they are also worried the Supreme Court could/may dissolve their marriage.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I know a professional woman who is married to another professional woman and they are also worried the Supreme Court could/may dissolve their marriage.

What fiat law giveth, fiat law can taketh away. Next time use the Legislature if you wanna pass a law.  I have no sympathy, sorry.  I've sure they're nice people.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
No matter what the SCOTUS ends up doing,  the result can be ratified or undone by the act of the legislature (the peoples' elected representatives).   What liberals most fear is that their ideas do not have the support of the people,  and can only be imposed by fiat.

It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline mountaineer

That's what's so funny about this. They're so skeered of that one little mean ol' woman Amy Barrett. She's going to ruin everything!  *****rollingeyes*****
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline roamer_1

YES.

Replacing Scalia drove the court left. Kavanagh, and Gorsuch, coming out of Souter's house, drives the court leftward. We have basically replaced Scalia and Souter with two Souters.

So YEAH... A conservative justice out of the house of Scalia means something... and will bring the court back to the right.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2020, 07:24:43 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline roamer_1

What fiat law giveth, fiat law can taketh away. Next time use the Legislature if you wanna pass a law.  I have no sympathy, sorry.  I've sure they're nice people.

That's right. Packing the court is a cheat, plain and simple.

Offline Idiot

YES.

Replacing Scalia drove the court left. Kavanagh, and Gorsuch, coming out of Souter's house, drives the court leftward. We have basically replaced Scalia and Souter with two Souters.

So YEAH... A conservative justice out of the house of Scalia means something... and will bring the court back to the right.
Watch yourself @roamer_1 as that was ALMOST a pro Trump statement.   happy77

Offline roamer_1

@mrpotatohead

Only if ACB turns out to be as she seems - Which is far from proven...

One thing you can count on... I call em as I see em. If I have praise for Tumpy, it is damn well deserved.  :seeya:
« Last Edit: October 19, 2020, 08:10:21 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
The Alphabet people are going apoplectic over ACB! 

Kind of Ironic isn't it. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline libertybele

Let's hope that Barrett is as conservative as Scalia.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline roamer_1

Let's hope that Barrett is as conservative as Scalia.

I do, and  that ain't faint praise.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Stuff it, Pete.
You -- of all people -- know just where...

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
YES.

You have already decided Kav is a Souter?  Well, OK.... **nononono*
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Does it really count as "pro-Trump" when he smears the two Justices Trump appointed?
I will NOT comply.

Offline roamer_1

You have already decided Kav is a Souter?  Well, OK.... **nononono*

He is out of Souter's house... so...

And yeah - I take a cynical view... Which is why I only have hope for ACB

So sue me.  :shrug:

Offline LegalAmerican

That's what's so funny about this. They're so skeered of that one little mean ol' woman Amy Barrett. She's going to ruin everything!  *****rollingeyes*****

Hey, we agree!   888high58888

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

In that case, you may as well come out right now and smear her too.  I am sure you will declare one of her first three decisions as "Tumpy-pick."

Why wait?
« Last Edit: October 19, 2020, 10:07:37 pm by Cyber Liberty »
I will NOT comply.

Offline Hoodat

Same-sex marriage is not recognized under Indiana State Law.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline roamer_1

In that case, you may as well come out right now and smear her too.  I am sure you will declare one of her first three decisions as "Tumpy-pick."

Why wait?

Because they haven't happened yet.

Funny ain't it, how I don't have such worries for Alito or Thomas... Or Scalia 'fore he went...

Offline LegalAmerican

I hate to agree with you.  Kavanaugh has always seemed TOO WEAK, for my taste.  I am afraid, if liberals gang up on him, he will cave. NOT AS STRONG AS BARRETT.   btw Scalia was murdered.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Because they haven't happened yet.

Funny ain't it, how I don't have such worries for Alito or Thomas... Or Scalia 'fore he went...

I'm just fascinated that you consider Kavanaugh to be another Suitor (along with Gorsuch), when he hardly has any decisions under his belt.  That strikes me a little fast off the starting line, and not willing to give the fellow a chance.  Like Tumpy.  he didn't get one either.
I will NOT comply.