Author Topic: Donald Trump’s Self-Inflicted Wounds Make For An Unlikely Reelection, Experts Say  (Read 4584 times)

Offline roamer_1

Sure, in bait shops .... but not in publically-held conglomerates with a board of directors.

Suuure. When a fortune 500 business is hitting the skids, who do they fire? HINT: CEO/COO/CFO

Offline roamer_1

The last four years has really adjusted my perspective on the relative power of the executive as an individual.

I never suffered that illusion. Which is why I never put much faith in Tumpy. It's a team game, and half your players are playing for the other side. And the ones that are left aren't playing for what they're supposed to. And Tumpy's skill set is as a chaos player. That does not breed unity and focus.

Offline skeeter

I never suffered that illusion. Which is why I never put much faith in Tumpy. It's a team game, and half your players are playing for the other side. And the ones that are left aren't playing for what they're supposed to. And Tumpy's skill set is as a chaos player. That does not breed unity and focus.
Im referring to the unelected career types, mostly. And clearly it’s not Trump’s style that they have a problem with. Gandhi couldn’t breed unity and focus with that bunch unless he could convince them they can continue to dip their beaks.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2020, 03:34:08 am by skeeter »

Offline roamer_1

Im referring to the unelected career types, mostly. And clearly it’s not Trump’s style that they have a problem with. Gandhi couldn’t breed unity and focus with that bunch unless he could convince them they can continue to dip their beaks.

So am I... Because how you control the bureaucrats is with the Congress and Administration working in unity FOR THE PRINCIPLES you want to push forward.

None of that is happening. Nor predictably, was it going to.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Suuure. When a fortune 500 business is hitting the skids, who do they fire? HINT: CEO/COO/CFO

I understand, too many dots for you to connect.  Bless your heart.

You really don't care what you say as long as your word salad includes "Trumpy".   :silly:

Offline roamer_1

I understand, too many dots for you to connect.  Bless your heart.

Nothing to connect. It ain't complicated.

Nothing to connect. It ain't complicated.

And just like that --- you prove my point.   88devil

Offline roamer_1

You really don't care what you say as long as your word salad includes "Trumpy".   :silly:

No darlin... It's 'Tumpy'... A 'tump' in redneck dialect is what you've done when you dump something over... And I have never coined a more apt moniker.

And I have never coined a more apt moniker.

Sorry to hear this.   :laugh:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
No, it's not. The FEC is the controlling legal authority.

The FEC controls campaigns, not elections.  That is in the purview of the States.

And if government was a business, "Tumpy" could fire Schumer and Pelosi.  You can't pound the square peg of your analogy into that round hole.  Govenment is not a business, and cannot be run like one.  Too many competing interests, and most don't negotiate in good faith.  It's always been that way.

Nothing Tumpy will ever do will make you appreciate him.  Let's hope you have another four years to criticize his every move and utterance.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline LegalAmerican

Shortly after the last election @christian the Trump administration headed up an effort demanding states clean up their voter rolls.  In a nutshell, across the board, states refused since this is the prevue of the states, not the feds.

Regarding this election, the GOP has been dragging states into lower court, appeals courts, and the Supreme Court.  We've won seven .. but just lost a big one in Pennsylvania thanks to a 4-4 tie in the SC which allows the lower court ruling in favor of democrats to stand.

No administration has tried harder or been more successful at exposing and stopping democrat voter fraud.

Yes.

Offline roamer_1

The FEC controls campaigns, not elections.  That is in the purview of the States.

You are right. I cede the point.

And if government was a business, "Tumpy" could fire Schumer and Pelosi. 

No, he likely could not.

You can't pound the square peg of your analogy into that round hole.  Govenment is not a business, and cannot be run like one.  Too many competing interests, and most don't negotiate in good faith.  It's always been that way.

That sounds exactly like business to me. Which is why it is so important to adhere to orthodoxy. You get what you allow.

Nothing Tumpy will ever do will make you appreciate him.  Let's hope you have another four years to criticize his every move and utterance.

Bullshit. I have praised some of what he has done, and have even defended him from time to time.
But I don't see what you think I should love so much, or why he would be worth another 4 years. And obviously no one else can either, because his accomplishments are never really touted... The whole election is just like the last... Scary Democrats... Everybody's gonna die... We're better than they are.

Meh. Friggin meh.

Offline LegalAmerican

People who feel the need to call POTUS TRUMP...Thumpy, show their Trump envy.  Trying to put POTUS down, somehow. Otherwise, people would just be mature and call him POTUS or TRUMP.  No need to try and demean him.  Make a case using the mans correct name.

Offline roamer_1

People who feel the need to call POTUS TRUMP...Thumpy, show their Trump envy.  Trying to put POTUS down, somehow. Otherwise, people would just be mature and call him POTUS or TRUMP.  No need to try and demean him.  Make a case using the mans correct name.

Good God y'all... It's 'Tumpy'... Sheesh.

And no. I will poke fun and purposefully disrespect him. Respect is earned.
And there is no envy in it at all... Though there has been near revulsion at times.

I am not jealous of a single damn thing Tumpy has. What he is and what he has is the precise opposite of what I want, need, or respect.

I have had money. I have had monetary and business success... Even been in a thousand dollar suit from time to time. I found it shallow and unrewarding. I have no desire for golden toilets and city living. I find all that repulsive. The same with honors and paper on the wall. All shit to me.

So what is it that I am supposed to envy?

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Gerard Baker said it well in this morning's WSJ:   post-Trump conservatism will need to be one that "marries the remarkable achievements for conservatives this president has secured in office with a set of values and a rhetoric better suited to sustain those acheivements."

And that will likely be the post mortem for this election.   Trump was the right man to lead the revolution but absolutely the wrong one to sustain it.  The Dems will gain power by running against a caricature and a bogeyman,  even as most agree they are better off than they were four years before.

Trump,  the citizen politician,  should have passed the baton to a Pence or a Haley that could have focused the electorate on all the good that has been accomplished.   No,  Trump wants a referendum on himself and the Dems are all too eager to oblige.

« Last Edit: October 20, 2020, 12:54:14 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline skeeter

Gerard Baker said it well in this morning's WSJ:   post-Trump conservatism will need to be one that "marries the remarkable achievements for conservatives this president has secured in office with a set of valued and a rhetoric better suited to sustain those acheivements."

And that will likely be the post mortem for this election.   Trump was the right man to lead the revolution but absolutely the wrong one to sustain it.  The Dems will gain power by running against a caricature and a bogeyman,  even as most agree they are better off than four years before.

Trump,  the citizen politician,  should have passed the baton to a Pence or a Haley that could have focused the electorate on all the good that has been accomplished.   No,  Trump wanted a referendum on himself and the Dems are all too eager to oblige.
The trouble with WSJ's analysis above is had they gotten their way four years ago we would never have had those 'remarkable achievements". IMO the WSJ editorial staff has as much credibility as the type of republican they are inclined to support.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Well,  those remarkable achievements will be gone soon enough, kicked away needlessly and succeeded by an emboldened radicalism. 

Offline skeeter

Well,  those remarkable achievements will be gone soon enough, kicked away needlessly and succeeded by an emboldened radicalism.

You have to believe Trump's personality caused the emboldened radicalism to accept the WSJ's premise.

That is a ridiculous establishment fallacy. Trump's "remarkable achievements" caused their radicalism. Which is why the establishment GOP as represented by the WSJ's editorialists never provoked such a reaction.

Many of them, in fact, share the radicals revulsion with Trump. Now why do you suppose that is?
« Last Edit: October 20, 2020, 01:29:20 pm by skeeter »

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
@roamer_1

ENOUGH!!!

Why don't you cut your bullshit and stop your trolling?? 

Don't make me come in here, because I'll have this thread locked in 3-2-1....   :smokin:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
You have to believe Trump's personality caused the emboldened radicalism to accept the WSJ's premise.

That is a ridiculous establishment fallacy. Trump's "remarkable achievements" caused their radicalism. Which is why the establishment GOP as represented by the WSJ's editorialists never provoked such a reaction.

Many of them, in fact, share the radicals revulsion with Trump. Now why do you suppose that is?

No!  Trump's acheivements haven't provoked the Dems' radicalism.   It is his polarizing style that has turned off voters who would otherwise vote their pocketbooks.   The Dems have played smart, nominating the inoffensive Biden,  and made him their Trojan horse to install the radical Harris.

Offline skeeter

No!  Trump's acheivements haven't provoked the Dems' radicalism.   It is his polarizing style that has turned off voters who would otherwise vote their pocketbooks.   The Dems have played smart, nominating the inoffensive Biden,  and made him their Trojan horse to install the radical Harris.

With all due respect that defies all rationality.

Conversely it tracks perfectly with the leftist media narrative. We shall see whether their strategy drives away enough voters for "inoffensive" Biden to slip in.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2020, 01:49:14 pm by skeeter »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Bullshit. I have praised some of what he has done, and have even defended him from time to time.

Really?  I can't think of one time you've praised him without finding some way of balancing it with something to run him down at the same time.  Maybe you could refresh my memory?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

You keep assuring us that Trump will lose.  I would remind you there is only one vote (out of over 100 Million) you can say you know about with certainty.  Outside of that, you only know what the press tells you, and not a whit more. 
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@roamer_1

ENOUGH!!!

Why don't you cut your bullshit and stop your trolling?? 

Don't make me come in here, because I'll have this thread locked in 3-2-1....   :smokin:

Naw.  I'd rather stuff it into Cheeseville.
I will NOT comply.