Author Topic: Carlson: No Matter What Happens in the Election, the American Media Will ‘Never Be the Same After Th  (Read 1265 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Jeff Poor 17 Oct 2020

Friday on Fox News Channel’s “Tucker Carlson Tonight,” host Tucker Carlson decried the mainstream media for its handling of presidential politics on two fronts — the varying treatments of President Donald Trump and Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden in debates and forums, and the handling of the bombshell allegations first reported by The New York Post regarding Biden son Hunter Biden’s laptop.

Carlson speculated that once the November 3 election had come and gone, the media’s status quo would be unsustainable.

Jeff Poor17 Oct 2020394
16:00

Friday on Fox News Channel’s “Tucker Carlson Tonight,” host Tucker Carlson decried the mainstream media for its handling of presidential politics on two fronts — the varying treatments of President Donald Trump and Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden in debates and forums, and the handling of the bombshell allegations first reported by The New York Post regarding Biden son Hunter Biden’s laptop.

Carlson speculated that once the November 3 election had come and gone, the media’s status quo would be unsustainable.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2020/10/17/carlson-no-matter-what-happens-in-the-election-the-american-media-will-never-be-the-same-after-this-it-cannot-continue-this-way/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline bilo

As much as I want this to be true I'm not so sure.

The big tech companies must feel pretty confident that no matter who wins the election that they've got control over enough politicians that nothing will happen. If they didn't believe this they would have never stopped the POTUS spokesperson as well as the official campaign organization of the POTUS from providing links and announcements on the NY Post story about the Biden crime family.

Increasingly we are seeing information controlled by a small group of oligarchs. I don't see enough of "Trump strong" politicians in Congress to put and end to it.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline PeteS in CA

At some point in people's rejection of the ______ network or skewspaper over bias the outlet will bottom out, having only viewers/listeners/readers who approve of or do not care about the bias. We may be near that point, or we may not. But as many networks or skewspapers as are sustainable when they reach that point, will survive. I suspect that number will be greater than zero.

Hypothetically there's a very large open space in the market for unbiased coverage of events. I'm not convinced this market is real. Nor am I convinced there are many "journalists" out there willing to report with near-zero bias.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline bilo

At some point in people's rejection of the ______ network or skewspaper over bias the outlet will bottom out, having only viewers/listeners/readers who approve of or do not care about the bias. We may be near that point, or we may not. But as many networks or skewspapers as are sustainable when they reach that point, will survive. I suspect that number will be greater than zero.

Hypothetically there's a very large open space in the market for unbiased coverage of events. I'm not convinced this market is real. Nor am I convinced there are many "journalists" out there willing to report with near-zero bias.

The few journalists that are left have been pushed to alternative media. The problem we face is not enough conservatives gravitate to free market alternatives to twitter and youtube. Parler is the alternative to twitter but it's just starting to get a foothold and Rumble is not even close to youtube.

IOW, we have a huge problem with biased media because it's obvious how easily people are manipulated. This election really could be a turning point. We could end up saving the Republic and the values it was founded on, or we can see the inevitable end of the Republic because all the checks and balances are eliminated. The bias of media today makes the latter a real possibility.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline skeeter

Be prepared for rat media navel gazing following the election, followed by loud promises of real reform. They do it every time. And every time they immediately go back to their job running interference for the democrat party.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
At some point in people's rejection of the ______ network or skewspaper over bias the outlet will bottom out, having only viewers/listeners/readers who approve of or do not care about the bias.

@PeteS in CA

That describes CNN to a "T",yet it seems to have had no effect on their profits.

I have no idea why,unless there is a large group of people that enjoy being lied to.

We may be near that point, or we may not. But as many networks or skewspapers as are sustainable when they reach that point, will survive.

Of course they will. What is there to replace them?

Hypothetically there's a very large open space in the market for unbiased coverage of events.

Of course there is. That's why there was so much excitement when Fox News came on the air. Then,year by year they slowly deteriorated into being "just another ABC,CBS,NBC,but with different talking heads.

This was done by advertisers  pulling or threatening to pull advertising if they published more of a certain kind of news,and by stock holders at board meetings.

The only one a network can remain "pure" these days if it is a sole proprietor organization,and that is practically impossible given how much money we are talking about. The few people in existence that DO have that kind of money to invest at the investors that follow the police of "NEVER use your own money.",which means it ain't going to happen.

I'm not convinced this market is real. Nor am I convinced there are many "journalists" out there willing to report with near-zero bias.

The problem is there is no such critter as an unbiased reporter.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I have no idea why,unless there is a large group of people that enjoy being lied to.

@sneakypete

You "sneaked" into the troof der.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online mountaineer

I know I've recounted this story several times already, but it seems appropriate now. Twenty years ago, I was working as a reporter for a newspaper in a small city. One day, our editor told us the dean of the journalism school at our state's biggest university was going to stop by and talk to all us reporters. What the heck, okay, we'll go.

We all met in the conference room where the dean chatted a bit. The one and only thing I remember of her visit is her telling us that her school teaches the little j-school kiddies that their primary function as "journalists" is to influence opinion. One of my fellow reporters and I (both state press association first place awardees) looked at one another, as if to say, "WTF?" We both knew our job as reporters was to present facts - clearly, concisely and in an unbiased manner. Our job never was to try to influence people, and we knew it.

Thus, my appreciation for the distinction between "reporter" and "journalist." The former may be a thing of the past. The latter is nothing more now than propagandist for, at this point in history, the Democrat National Committee.

It's probably not surprising that when a graduate of that very same college of journalism showed up a few months later to be a reporter at our paper, the first thing we observed was that he didn't know how to write a news story. Didn't know the first thing about going to an event and describing what happened.  He didn't even know he was supposed to take notes while he was there.  *****rollingeyes*****
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
mountaineer wrote:
"Thus, my appreciation for the distinction between "reporter" and "journalist." The former may be a thing of the past. The latter is nothing more now than propagandist for, at this point in history, the Democrat National Committee."

Please... look deeper than that.
They are propagandists, of course... but the DNC is small potatoes.
These days, they're takin' their cue from the "new ComInform", as led by the "troika at the top":
- New York Times
- Washington Post
- CNN

And THEY'RE being told what to put out by others... who remain "unseen"...

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I know I've recounted this story several times already, but it seems appropriate now. Twenty years ago, I was working as a reporter for a newspaper in a small city. One day, our editor told us the dean of the journalism school at our state's biggest university was going to stop by and talk to all us reporters. What the heck, okay, we'll go.

We all met in the conference room where the dean chatted a bit. The one and only thing I remember of her visit is her telling us that her school teaches the little j-school kiddies that their primary function as "journalists" is to influence opinion. One of my fellow reporters and I (both state press association first place awardees) looked at one another, as if to say, "WTF?" We both knew our job as reporters was to present facts - clearly, concisely and in an unbiased manner. Our job never was to try to influence people, and we knew it.

Thus, my appreciation for the distinction between "reporter" and "journalist." The former may be a thing of the past. The latter is nothing more now than propagandist for, at this point in history, the Democrat National Committee.

It's probably not surprising that when a graduate of that very same college of journalism showed up a few months later to be a reporter at our paper, the first thing we observed was that he didn't know how to write a news story. Didn't know the first thing about going to an event and describing what happened.  He didn't even know he was supposed to take notes while he was there.  *****rollingeyes*****

Don't despair!  There are reporters, and there always will be.  Look at Andy Ngo.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Hoodat

It hasn't been the same since Walter Cronkite spun the Tet Offensive as an American defeat.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

The problem is there is no such critter as an unbiased reporter.

I don't have a problem with a reporter who has bias.  But I have a HUGE problem with a reporter that purposely omits facts, or even worse peddles falsehoods as facts.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
It hasn't been the same since Walter Cronkite spun the Tet Offensive as an American defeat.

@Hoodat

Oh,it goes back to long before that. Cronkite is just the one that dropped the curtain so we could peek behind it.

PROBABLY goes back to some time during the administrtion of "King Franklin" and his commie cousin/wife.

We just didn't know about it before "Uncle Walter" raised his skirts to give us all a view. Sure,we knew there were certain newspapers that were biased one way or another,but few of us suspected that ALL the major media were "in the bag" for the communists. Or at least *I* didn't.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2020, 12:20:11 am by sneakypete »

Offline skeeter

@Hoodat

Oh,it goes back to long before that. Cronkite is just the one that dropped the curtain so we could peek behind it.

PROBABLY goes back to some time during the administrtion of "King Franklin" and his commie cousin/wife.

I'm reading a book on the origins of the VN war suggested by @Bigun, you ain't kidding. Before they lost it for us the media practically started the war. At least our part in it.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I don't have a problem with a reporter who has bias.  But I have a HUGE problem with a reporter that purposely omits facts, or even worse peddles falsehoods as facts.

@Hoodat

Well,we are all biased one way or another,or we wouldn't be human. The thing is we expected the press to be able to set aside their personal biases,and report the news "straight",not spin it to imply something it wasn't.

Maybe this is why so many reporters were raging alcoholics?

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
I can remember a few, like George Putnam' who would deliver the news straight and then do a segment called 'One Reporters Opinion' where he gave his personal take and view of the news but was totally up front that they were his personal views. Also I think he was one of the first ones I heard say that he didn't leave the democrat party, the democrat party left him. Today most reporters or journalists are more than happy to let the democrat party drag them through the mud where they wallow in it with great gusto.

Online mountaineer

Don't despair!  There are reporters, and there always will be.  Look at Andy Ngo.
True. Thank goodness.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
moutaineer  ....It's probably not surprising that when a graduate of that very same college of journalism showed up a few months later to be a reporter at our paper, the first thing we observed was that he didn't know how to write a news story. Didn't know the first thing about going to an event and describing what happened.  He didn't even know he was supposed to take notes while he was there.
I am curious, what university are you referring to? 

I spent a number of years in media, was a publisher of a small newspaper.  I walked into the Editorial Department one day, and two of our reporters were on the floor, and I stopped to speak to them.  Both were graduates from Penn State University's School of Journalism, and had been reporters for just over one year.   It was 2006-07 timeframe, and I do not recall what was going on at that exact moment, something to do with people flooding into the USA, and they supported the notion of all these people flooding in, and I said sarcastically, 'I guess you two would be perfectly fine with 250,000 refugees coming from Japan in the 19941-45 timeframe?"  They both looked at each other, and like stereo said, 'Yeah, what would be wrong with that?'

I walked into my Editor's office, a man who was conservative like me, and I said to him, 'I just had a conversation with your two brilliant reporters standing out there[they were still standing together on the floor and in view from his office], and I tell you now, in no uncertain terms, you are restricted from hiring any further graduates from Penn State.  They are graduating idiots!'  As I told him the story of what just happened, he was falling on the floor laughing.  I told him, believe me, if I could terminate them on the basis of lacking any intelligence, I would.

I doubt they are any more intelligent today than they were then.  We are pushing folks through universities with almost no knowledge on anything.  This practice will not benefit this nation with passing years. 

Getting to Carlson, I find myself agreeing with him on many things, but this is wishful thinking on his part.  The idiots of the media are here to stay, and if anyone is going, it will be conservatives like him.  Fox News has joined MSM and I have to believe Carlson, Hannity, and Ingraham must suffer from stomach churn to walk into that enterprise with the likes of Donna Brazile, Juan Williams, Maria Harf, and other *sshat liberal whack jobs there on virtually every program.  The two that slay me the most are the two baldies, one named Richard and the other's name does not come to mind, but I usually want to reach into my TV and rip their heads off.  And Brazile is nauseating.  When she appears, I change the channel.

I find myself watching One America News Network more and more.  They also cover two or three times as many stories as MSM, which includes Fox News.  While OAN has a conservative bent, they do not use their bias to distort the truth of a story.

Online mountaineer

I am curious, what university are you referring to? 
WVU, Perley Isaac Reed School of Journalism.  The young fella who graduated and started at our paper was sent to cover a Lions' Club meeting, because they almost always had interesting and noteworthy guest speakers. He took no notes and, upon returning to the newsroom, asked my friend and me what he was supposed to do to write a story. We asked him what he was taught in J-school, and he said mostly how to write magazine articles.  :shrug:@jafo2010

Offline Hoodat

And Brazile is nauseating.  When she appears, I change the channel.

Donna Brazile reminds me of the Samuel Jackson character 'Stephen' in Django Unchained.  To the bitter end, Stephen defended his master Calvin (Leonardo DeCaprio).  Brazile is the same way.  In 2000, the Democrats allowed her to fulfill her lifelong dream by naming her chairman of the Gore campaign.  However, they claimed to be low on money and asked her if she would take the position for $35,000 knowing full well that she wouldn't turn it down.  Meanwhile, they hired Bill Daley to do what Brazile was to do, except they paid him over three times as much.

In the six months following Gore's defeat, Brazile was kicked to the curb.  Not one Democrat called her to check in on her.  The only person who kept in touch with her was Karl Rove.  And even after all that, Brazile still refuses to leave the Plantation. 

I find myself watching One America News Network more and more.  They also cover two or three times as many stories as MSM, which includes Fox News.  While OAN has a conservative bent, they do not use their bias to distort the truth of a story.

Ditto.  Unlike every other network including Fox, OAN actually does investigative reporting.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
mountaineer, I thought you might be talking about WVU.  I went to WVU as well, but I was not a Journalism major.  I had a roommate that was, but he had a successful career.  He died when he was 47 years of age.  He was a Sports reporter for the Fredericksburg, VA newspaper, and was down in North Carolina doing a story on NASCAR, had chest pains and was taken to a hospital.  He died on the operating table.

Back to the problem, I think something has happened to education, and we are producing idiots today.  They know virtually nothing, or if they do know anything, it is a single subject or area of study, and they possess no knowledge of other areas of study.  I think this country is headed for trouble.  I also think that the teachers unions have not had a favorable impact on education, just lining the pockets of their membership with dollars.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Discussing poltics with any kind of civility with the other side is over. 

They've taken us off the cliff.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
... I think something has happened to education, and we are producing idiots today.  They know virtually nothing, or if they do know anything, it is a single subject or area of study, and they possess no knowledge of other areas of study.  I think this country is headed for trouble.  I also think that the teachers unions have not had a favorable impact on education, just lining the pockets of their membership with dollars.

I think you are entirely correct @jafo2010 and none of it is by accident! John Dewey and his minions have done their work well and we ARE going to pay the price for allowing it.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online mountaineer

I agree with you @jafo2010
During my years in the newsroom, I found that the very best reporters hadn't majored in journalism at all.