General Category > Science, Technology and Knowledge

Proud Boys and petro-masculinity

(1/2) > >>

rangerrebew:
Proud Boys and petro-masculinity

The hate group Trump called out at Tuesday's debate subscribes to a version of masculinity that researchers say is a driving force behind climate denial.

Do you ever wonder what the planet might look like if men didn’t control the world?

I’m not talking about all biological men. I’m not even talking about the entirety of the male gender. Really, I’m just talking about people who believe that because they have penises, they are required to act in a traditionally, almost performatively masculine way—like “being strong” and “never showing weakness” and “not ordering sauvignon blanc.” I’m talking about the men described in this 2015 Esquire article.

I remember the first time I wondered. It was about a year ago, when a study came out about why men avoid recycling. The gist was that men perceive environmentalism as “feminine.” The researchers suggested men might reject green behaviors like recycling and carrying reusable grocery bags because they don’t want people to think they’re gay.

https://heated.world/p/proud-boys-and-petro-masculinity

skeeter:
What utter crap. On the scale of blood libel.

roamer_1:
Oh boy! A new stupid term! 'Petro-masculinity'

:silly: :silly: :silly:

This woman is an idiot.
Her article is moronic.

The reason men don't go along with enviro-weenie crap is because they don't believe it.
Furthermore, perhaps because they understand math and rudimentary economics, they believe enviro-weenie fixes for the nonexistent problem even less... Knowing those 'fixes' for what they are.

Which brings me to the most important thing:
Real men, American men are not quick to give up their liberty for anything.

This dumb woman is hitting all the dog-whistles, preaching to her bubble, and could not possibly defend her ludicrous positions in anything approaching honest debate.

skeeter:

--- Quote from: roamer_1 on October 17, 2020, 03:00:35 pm ---Oh boy! A new stupid term! 'Petro-masculinity'

:silly: :silly: :silly:

This woman is an idiot.
Her article is moronic.

The reason men don't go along with enviro-weenie crap is because they don't believe it.
Furthermore, perhaps because they understand math and rudimentary economics, they believe enviro-weenie fixes for the nonexistent problem even less... Knowing those 'fixes' for what they are.

Which brings me to the most important thing:
Real men, American men are not quick to give up their liberty for anything.

This dumb woman is hitting all the dog-whistles, preaching to her bubble, and could not possibly defend her ludicrous positions in anything approaching honest debate.

--- End quote ---

Petro-masculinity = rationality.

roamer_1:

--- Quote from: skeeter on October 17, 2020, 03:06:46 pm ---Petro-masculinity = rationality.

--- End quote ---

Right.

That such ridiculous pap gets published is an affront to journalism, science, and common sense.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version