Author Topic: Top US Cities Americans Are Leaving  (Read 593 times)

Offline mountaineer

Top US Cities Americans Are Leaving
« on: October 17, 2020, 12:41:30 pm »
Top US Cities Americans Are Leaving
Oct. 14, 2020
Investing.com
The United States is full of some of the most desirable places to live on the planet. America not only has a range of natural beauty from sunny beaches to snowy mountains, but it also has a robust economy with a vast range of industries. From Amazon in Seattle to in Houston, Americans often decide where to live based on what job opportunities they’ll find there.

Throughout history, American cities have weathered some tough times. The Rust Belt Decline is an example of a wide-spread, hard-hitting industry collapse (one which many cities have still have yet to fully recover from). Though a few have bounced back, others are still struggling. That has led to population decreases and slowdowns in population growth.

However, due to factors such as shrinking industries and an increasing cost of living, major cities in the U.S. are shrinking rapidly, as Americans search for a better bang for their buck. ...

Portland, OR

What once was on the list of the fastest-growing metro areas in the U.S., the city of Portland is now seeing its growth rate drop almost to zero.  ...

San Francisco, CA

...  There is a complete lack of affordable housing for many middle-class residents which has driven many out of this beautiful but exceptionally costly city. Besides a significantly high cost of living forcing people further out of the Bay Area, there has been a drop in the birth rate which has further compounded the slowing of the city’s growth.

Additionally, homelessness remains a huge problem in San Francisco, one which has gotten worse over time.  ...

Seattle, WA

Like many of the other major metropolitan cities on this list, Seattle has a high cost of living and lacks affordable housing options for many of its residents. Although Seattle has been previously ranked as one of the fastest-growing cities in America, the pace of growth has come way down recently.  ...

New York City, NY

One issue that has impacted demographics is New York’s rise in crime. While the data suggests that violent crimes may be in decline, the city’s reputation for late-night muggings cannot be shaken, and may be a deterrent to new (and veteran) residents.

Many people are moving out of the city to increase their standard of living by getting more for their money elsewhere.  ...
The article goes on to list Chicago, Washington, DC, Los Angeles, Houston, Milwaukee, Atlantic City, Pittsburgh, Orland, Detroit, Denver, Omaha, Mobile, Syracuse, New Haven, Montgomery, Memphis, Albany (GA), Charleston (WV), Baltimore and Rochester, explaining why each is declining. No mention of the fact that most, if not all, of the listed cities are run by Democrats. It does note high crime rates in some of the cities, though.

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Re: Top US Cities Americans Are Leaving
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2020, 12:53:24 pm »
May i add the war zone, collapsed Detroit, once extremely prosperous, then the democrats took a strong foothold.  The lawful treated with contempt, the lawless championed, and the law enforcers vilified and trashed.  Chicago also another prime example. wink777
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2020, 01:00:29 pm »
May i add the war zone, collapsed Detroit, once extremely prosperous, then the democrats took a strong foothold.  The lawful treated with contempt, the lawless championed, and the law enforcers vilified and trashed.  Chicago also another prime example. wink777

Democrat leadership is the common denominator missing from this analysis. I dunno if true in every case listed, but certainly it is in most.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2020, 01:41:13 pm »
I always liked visiting NYC for the day, to see a museum, see a play, go to a Yankees game, something nice I saved up for. But not live there.

I need to see the sky, and the stars,  and shop at a supermarket not at a bodega. I don’t like feeling people on top of me, etc. I like my little flower garden.

My dearest friend moved to San Francisco in 1971 and left in 2007. He said it was turning into a cesspool then and it was breaking his heart
« Last Edit: October 19, 2020, 01:43:37 pm by Gefn »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2020, 10:10:29 pm »
skeeter wrote:
"Democrat leadership is the common denominator missing from this analysis. I dunno if true in every case listed, but certainly it is in most."

Ummm....
There is one other "common denominator" that is being left unsaid.

Hint:
Burlington, VT, is totally democrat-communist controlled (with an emphasis on "communist"), yet has a very low crime rate.
Can you explain why that is...?