Author Topic: House And Senate Make Up  (Read 625 times)

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
House And Senate Make Up
« on: October 17, 2020, 03:54:47 am »
So I count 17 Republican State Senators (out of 30), and about 32 representatives (out of 60). 

That isn't a great margin. 

How are things looking for this election ?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: House And Senate Make Up
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2020, 05:45:14 pm »
So I count 17 Republican State Senators (out of 30), and about 32 representatives (out of 60). 

That isn't a great margin. 

How are things looking for this election ?

@HikerGuy83

The margins in the State House and Senate are tight, I think in practical terms it's a one-seat lead in both chambers.  The three I have here in Mohave County are probably the safest seats in the state (we're 3:1 Republicans here), but I do worry about the seats in the Peoples Republics of Maricopa and Pima. 

This election is likely to involve Trump's coattails down ballot.  McSally may or may not win in the state-wide Senate election, but those State Legislature seats are even more important to me, personally.  I see one of my Representatives and the Senator frequently, often enough that I can pull one of them aside for a few minutes if I need to.

(After the Election, I will be concentrating on winning the First Vice Chair of the County Party for myself.  I have the support of my District Director.)
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline libertybele

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2020, 07:04:54 pm »
@HikerGuy83

The margins in the State House and Senate are tight, I think in practical terms it's a one-seat lead in both chambers.  The three I have here in Mohave County are probably the safest seats in the state (we're 3:1 Republicans here), but I do worry about the seats in the Peoples Republics of Mahttp://www.gopbriefingroom.com/Smileys/default/high-five.pngricopa and Pima. 

This election is likely to involve Trump's coattails down ballot.  McSally may or may not win in the state-wide Senate election, but those State Legislature seats are even more important to me, personally.  I see one of my Representatives and the Senator frequently, often enough that I can pull one of them aside for a few minutes if I need to.

(After the Election, I will be concentrating on winning the First Vice Chair of the County Party for myself.  I have the support of my District Director.)

:beer:

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2020, 08:06:26 pm »
@HikerGuy83

The margins in the State House and Senate are tight, I think in practical terms it's a one-seat lead in both chambers.  The three I have here in Mohave County are probably the safest seats in the state (we're 3:1 Republicans here), but I do worry about the seats in the Peoples Republics of Maricopa and Pima. 

Thank you.

It does look tight.  Where my house is, both the state senator and state house member are democrats.  I hope to get my daughter more involved.

Totally agree with you on the focus on LOCAL !!!

Keep up the good work.

And thanks for what you do.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2020, 08:15:19 pm »
Thank you.

It does look tight.  Where my house is, both the state senator and state house member are democrats.  I hope to get my daughter more involved.

Totally agree with you on the focus on LOCAL !!!

Keep up the good work.

And thanks for what you do.

This TBR gig as a forum Admin and Mod is a really good companion job for that stuff.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: