Author Topic: Pennsylvania has rejected nearly 375,000 mail-in ballot applications so far  (Read 709 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Pennsylvania has rejected nearly 375,000 mail-in ballot applications so far

Nearly 90% of rejected applications were duplicate requests.

By Daniel Payne

Updated: October 17, 2020 - 11:38am

Pennsylvania has rejected hundreds of thousands of mail-in ballot applications this election year, with the vast majority of those rejections occurring because of duplicate ballot requests from voters in the state.

The state "has rejected 372,000 requests for mail-in ballots," with "more than 90% of those applications, or about 336,000," occurring due to duplicate requests, ProPublica reported this week.

According to ProPublica, the significant number of duplicate applications came about largely due to voters having requested a general election ballot during the state's primary election as well as closer to the general election itself.

Voters "have also been baffled by unclear or inaccurate information on the state’s ballot-tracking website, and by a wave of mail ballot applications from political parties and get-out-the-vote groups," the group said.

The mass rejection "is unlikely to have a big effect on turnout," the organization said, as those whose applications were rejected will likely receive one eventually. Those who do not can still vote in-person on Election Day.

https://justthenews.com/politics-policy/elections/has-rejected-nearly-375000-mail-ballot-applications
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Applewood

I expect that.  Someone on my aunt's behalf -- no one including my aunt knows for sure who  -- applied for a mail-in ballot before the primary and I guess many people, if they did the same, didn't realize they were automatically going to get a ballot for the general election too.   Added to that are all the duplicate, triplicate, quadruplicate ballot applications that came in the mail unsolicited.  I had tons of those applications come to me and my poor aunt did too.  Got so bad when she finally did receive her ballot, she accidentally discarded it along with the numerous applications and campaign junk mail.

There is a lot of ambiguity at both the state and local level about these ballots and how or whether to apply; so I can understand the confusion.  But one bright spot is that the system, believe it or not, does work if it was able to spot duplicate ballot requests.  We have all been assured the system will spot duplicate mail-in/absentee ballots or attempts to vote in person when a mail-in/absentee ballot was already submitted and recorded. 

Mail-in has been a cluster-*bleep* here, but I believe it's mostly due to efforts to sabotage the process.  Unless one of the many lawsuits over the system prevails, mail-in/absentee votes will be received and counted.

Online libertybele

I have received at least 4 mailers encouraging us to sign up for mail-in ballots -- too late now, but the push has been unbelievable.

I will make it to the precinct bright and early on election day.  I don't trust any other method at this point in time. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Applewood

Voters should use whatever voting method is best for them.  However, I am incensed that some people are trying to force voters to vote in person when it's not the best option for them and may in fact be dangerous.  I said this before -- I did mail-in voting after my cardiac arrest when it was obvious I was in no condition to vote in person and it worked out fine.  These meddlers and saboteurs have no right to force their choice on everyone else.    To me it's an attempt to disenfranchise voters and it should be illegal. 

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
I want to see mail-in balloting outlawed by Constitutional Amendment.
Show up in person on election day and vote.

If you can't, you -might- be able to apply for an absentee ballot.
But if you do, you'd better have a damned good reason to support the request...

Online libertybele

Though I agree; good luck with that....and a little too late to make a difference anyways.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Applewood

I would agree with you in states where ballots were sent out willy-nilly.  But in PA one has to apply and that is ok by me.  This option is a godsend for some people, particularly those of us at high risk for COVID.  Take away mail-in voting and we won't be able to vote.  That would be wrong. 

And then we have the military or the guys on oil rigs in the Gulf of Mexico on election day.  They can't vote in person.Why should they be denied the right to vote?

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Applewood wrote:
"This option is a godsend for some people, particularly those of us at high risk for COVID.  Take away mail-in voting and we won't be able to vote.  That would be wrong. 
And then we have the military or the guys on oil rigs in the Gulf of Mexico on election day.  They can't vote in person.Why should they be denied the right to vote?"

See the second paragraph of my post.

Sorry, I'm an absolute hard-a$$ on this, and my opinion will not change and cannot be swayed.

You'll understand more about why "mail-in ballots" mark the end of the American Republic on November 4th and the days following...