Author Topic: Mad scientists say livestock need to be genetically modified to stop climate change  (Read 431 times)

rangerrebew

Mad scientists say livestock need to be genetically modified to stop climate change

10/15/2020 / By Ethan Huff

The right-wing media is once again trumpeting its hate for all things natural with a fresh endorsement for biotechnology, which it claims will save the planet from mythological climate change.

WND, republishing an article from Real Clear Science, contends that gene editing – that is, the artificial reprogramming of the natural biosphere – is the only way to stop global warming from taking its toll on Earth and everything in it.

Livestock, trees, food crops and pretty much all living organisms are inherently flawed and require tampering with by “scientists” in order to optimize their impact on the planet. This is the narrative now being spread by the biotechnology lobby, anyway.

https://www.climate.news/2020-10-15-mad-scientists-say-livestock-genetically-modified-stop-climate-change.html

Offline berdie

Well it does aptly refer to them as Mad Scientists... :rolling:

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I foresee a day that the enviro-whackos and PETA prevent me from buying and cooking a Ribeye Steak.

Can not predict how I will react.  888mouth
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
We used to do such things with breeding programs aimed at improving species for our benefit. Part and parcel of domestication is that there is some control over the nature and quality of the output. That may be inherently limited to natural variation, but seems to work, although breeding out some traits may inadvertently lead to bloodlines which have other specific problems. We see this with dogs, where breeds have specific weaknesses and strengths, some of which would not survive without human intervention. But to run willy-nilly through the genetic code of an organism modifying it to produce something different sounds like the stuff of SciFi/horror and could conceivably produce nonsustainable bloodlines.

At the root of it all is that after 4.6 billion years of climate change (giver or take a few million), do these people really thing they are going to halt that natural dynamic process in its tracks?  That alone would certify them as nutcases.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

As in the Days of Noah... And the prophets predict the same near the end (like, NOW).
Don't mess with what YHWH made.