Author Topic: NBC caved to ‘enormous pressure’ to make town hall a ‘nightmare for Trump’  (Read 1997 times)

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
In the big picture 10m is not even remarkable, nor a couple million either way. Compared to online views...

And that points out a very good point.  It's a lot easier to get ABC on streaming, but damned near impossible to get PMSNBC.  I suppose it's findable, but it's not worth it just to get Joy Reid.   :shrug:

The broadcast version of NBC is Unobtainable.

The ability to stream really, really skews the ratings.  As an aside, I can't get NBC at all on the free air where I live.  Can't get PBS either, but that's no loss.  (As another aside, I used to work for a PBS station that had a distinction:  They were one of the few stations in the country that weren't dead last in the local ratings.)
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online roamer_1

And that points out a very good point.  It's a lot easier to get ABC on streaming, but damned near impossible to get PMSNBC.  I suppose it's findable, but it's not worth it just to get Joy Reid.   :shrug:

The broadcast version of NBC is Unobtainable.

The ability to stream really, really skews the ratings.  As an aside, I can't get NBC at all on the free air where I live.  Can't get PBS either, but that's no loss.  (As another aside, I used to work for a PBS station that had a distinction:  They were one of the few stations in the country that weren't dead last in the local ratings.)

No doubt both are available... if not directly, then by second/third sources. I wonder what the views will be after online streaming matures.

Its no nevermind to me otherwise. I was just interested in the statistics. I don't watch any of the presidential crap anyway.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
No doubt both are available... if not directly, then by second/third sources. I wonder what the views will be after online streaming matures.

Its no nevermind to me otherwise. I was just interested in the statistics. I don't watch any of the presidential crap anyway.

Trying to divine the public sentiment by ratings is a fools errand.  People could be watching simply because they've had wall-to-wall Trump, and Shortbus Joe has been cloistered in his basement.  They want to hear what he has to say without interruption, and by golly, they got it last night.  Not good for Joe.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online roamer_1

Trying to divine the public sentiment by ratings is a fools errand.  People could be watching simply because they've had wall-to-wall Trump, and Shortbus Joe has been cloistered in his basement.  They want to hear what he has to say without interruption, and by golly, they got it last night.  Not good for Joe.

Ain't good ratings anyway either way.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
I'm sure at least a couple of million people watched just to marvel at Sloe Joe's ability to form words.

The fact that Pres. Trump speaks to crowds every day...and night, it's not a surprise that millions of his base tuned in to see if Joe Biden was getting massaged or if he started drooling, etc..
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
The fact that Pres. Trump speaks to crowds every day...and night, it's not a surprise that millions of his base tuned in to see if Joe Biden was getting massaged or if he started drooling, etc..

The Rats don't understand why they have those Bullpens to warm Pitchers up.  "Because they pitch better!  Duh!!"
I will NOT comply.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
As far back as i can remember, Presidential debates have always heavily favored democrats, and more often than not trashed Republicans as best as they can.  Expecting fair and equal treatment from democrats means your either very new to politics or an I.Q. far lower than you realize. 22222frying pan
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Did you miss the part where the town hall audience hung around afterwards to tell the President "we've got your back", "we love you" and take selfies with him?   :laugh:

@Right_in_Virginia

I may be wrong,but I think pretty much everyone who is even casually interested in national politics know by now how the media and the Dims try to stack the deck against Trump,while completely ignoring the FACT that Slow Joe is a senile old fool.

IMHO,the Dims once again "overreached",and are going to lose this election because of it.

If they think Bad Orange Man was tough on them in the first term,wait until the second term,and he no longer gives a damn WHAT they say about him. I suspect he is going to start issuing a lot of executive orders when the Dims try to block him,and this is going to end up causing the Dims and their RINO brothers a LOT of problems during the mid-term elections. Even with their standard and advanced cheating,the Dims are going to take a whooping.

The casual voters are starting to pay attention to what is going on,and they ain't liking it.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline LegalAmerican

Trump, the most investigated man on the planet. Certified clean.  happy77

They keep trying.   **nononono* :thumbsup:

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@sneakypete

You'd be surprised at how many people I know that actually think they're getting a square view of the world from CNN.  True.
I will NOT comply.

Offline LegalAmerican

Once Biden was finished getting a tongue bath, his back rubbed and a happy ending, they probably threw a coat over him and ushered him out the back door, sidestepping the chance of running into a hard question. Old folks gotta avoid speak-and-fall injuries, you know.

:yowsa:    :silly: :silly:

Offline LegalAmerican

@Right_in_Virginia

I may be wrong,but I think pretty much everyone who is even casually interested in national politics know by now how the media and the Dims try to stack the deck against Trump,while completely ignoring the FACT that Slow Joe is a senile old fool.

IMHO,the Dims once again "overreached",and are going to lose this election because of it.

If they think Bad Orange Man was tough on them in the first term,wait until the second term,and he no longer gives a damn WHAT they say about him. I suspect he is going to start issuing a lot of executive orders when the Dims try to block him,and this is going to end up causing the Dims and their RINO brothers a LOT of problems during the mid-term elections. Even with their standard and advanced cheating,the Dims are going to take a whooping.

The casual voters are starting to pay attention to what is going on,and they ain't liking it.

No, we don't like it.  That you...sneaky Pete?  In avatar?  Can't see your face.   :seeya: :patriot: :patriot:

Offline LegalAmerican

Yes, POTUS does a lot of  speaking.  It made twitter, that he mispronounced a word. lol  As if that was something fatal.   
Good Lord,  all of us do that at times. 

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

No, we don't like it.  That you...sneaky Pete?  In avatar?  Can't see your face.   :seeya: :patriot: :patriot:

@LegalAmerican

Yeah,that's me in VN in 69. 1 of only 2 photos that survived a house fire.

I blacked out my face purposely. Just assume I am a handsome rascal.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2020, 01:09:40 am by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline LegalAmerican

@LegalAmerican

Yeah,that's me in VN in 69. 1 of only 2 photos that survived a house fire.

I blacked out my face purposely. Just assume I am a handsome rascal.

That is a shame, on both accounts.(fire & only 2 photos left) but,  you are a handsome rascal!    :yowsa:

(I just reread my post and it does not come across well, as intended! I need to put in more explanations. 22222frying pan          )
« Last Edit: October 18, 2020, 08:49:57 pm by LegalAmerican »

Offline LegalAmerican

As far back as i can remember, Presidential debates have always heavily favored democrats, and more often than not trashed Republicans as best as they can.  Expecting fair and equal treatment from democrats means your either very new to politics or an I.Q. far lower than you realize. 22222frying pan

It just would be nice .....for a CHANGE!  So, WHY,  are they so mean and demonic?   

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
It just would be nice .....for a CHANGE!  So, WHY,  are they so mean and demonic?

You just answered your own question.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Reminds me of a cartoon of a crocodile on the witness stand.

"Of course I did it in cold blood! I am a reptile."

@LegalAmerican
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline LegalAmerican

Offline Right_in_Virginia

@Right_in_Virginia

:thumbsup:  @sneakypete

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Should Biden win, is the DNC going to throw a big victory party on Pedophile/Epsteins Island ? :smokin: :reaper:
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline LegalAmerican

I'm sure at least a couple of million people watched just to marvel at Sloe Joe's ability to form words.

Good one.   :thumbsup: