General Category > Space

With the SpaceX Starship thriving in Boca Chica, will there be a new Detroit? My visit to Huntsville

(1/2) > >>

Elderberry:
The Angry Astronaut Oct 15, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpnLIOlNgQQ

With the SpaceX Starship thriving in Boca Chica, will there be a new Detroit? My visit to Huntsville

The Angry Astronaut visits Huntsville, AL and covers the glory of it's past, it's uncertain future, and all the wonders that this nerve center of the space program has to offer. NOTE: INTERVIEW with retired Saturn V and SLS workers!

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

catfish1957:
I would be remiss, without my obligatory rant against Musk.

Congrats to his SpaceX venture.  It will make him a huge amount of money for decades to come.

OTOH, he also has a car company with a bigger market cap than the other Detroit Big 3 Car Makers combined. 

DAMN IT....WHY IS HE STILL GETTING GOVERNMENT SUBSIDIES FOR TESLA?????

Elderberry:
Just How Much Does Tesla Get In Subsidies Anyways?

Clean Technica  by Johnna Crider August 3rd, 2020

https://cleantechnica.com/2020/08/03/tesla-subsidies-how-much/

--- Quote ---Subsidies: Tesla vs. The Other Guys

Tesla

Tesla received $0.4 billion of federal loans and bailout support via the Advanced Technology Vehicles Manufacturing (ATVM) Loan Program. However, that amount was repaid in full with interest, almost a decade early. The federal loan Tesla received was for $465.5 million and was granted in 2010 — the first recovery year after the 2009 financial crisis. As CleanTechnica reported in May 2013, that was paid back 9 years earlier than it had to be.

While Tesla did receive a lot of aid from taxpayers, Tesla paid us back.

Tesla’s total subsidy value according to the data is $2,441,582,590 ($2.44 billion), across 109 “awards” — 82 federal grants and tax credits as well as 27 state and local awards.

The Other Guys

007 also detailed which other automakers received funds from American taxpayers and whether or not they paid us back. They are:

Ford borrowed $5.937 billion under the ATVM Loan Program. Ford still hasn’t paid that back.
        As of today, Ford has had a total of at least $33,489,841,570 ($33.49 billion) in subsidies awarded.

Nissan borrowed $1.448 billion under the ATVM Loan Program and still hasn’t paid us back.
        Nissan’s total subsidy value is $1,955,199,450 ($1.96 billion).

Fisker Automotive borrowed $529 million under the ATVM Loan Program and went bankrupt. We won’t get that money back.

GM and Chrysler both went into bankruptcy and had to be rescued under a separate program.
        GM’s total subsidy value is $50,346,920,000 ($50.35 billion).
        Fiat-Chrysler’s total subsidy value is $17,599,200,000 ($17.6 billion).

Who Else Gets High Amounts Of Subsidies?

•   Exxon Mobil: total subsidy value is $1,015,682,466 ($1.02 billion);
o   Exxon’s federal loans/bailout assistance total: $3,853,988,000 ($3.85 billion).
•   Chevron: total subsidy value is $117,023,474 ($117 million);
o   Chevron’s federal loan and bailout assistance: $2,074,752,000 ($2.07 billion)
•   Shell: total subsidy value is $1,795,683,725 ($1.8 billion);
o   Its federal loans and bailout assistants total $2,686,000 ($2.69 million).
--- End quote ---

catfish1957:

--- Quote from: Elderberry on October 16, 2020, 01:12:37 pm ---Just How Much Does Tesla Get In Subsidies Anyways?

Clean Technica  by Johnna Crider August 3rd, 2020

https://cleantechnica.com/2020/08/03/tesla-subsidies-how-much/

--- End quote ---

Oil industry is in dire straits, and is bleeding money. Check the finanicals and P/L statements.  furthermore,  Fuels is a infrastructure and national securithy  necessity.  Last I saw an Electic Car is not a national necessity.

Here is a few more financial facts that show how steep the ridiculous nature of Tesla's being a slug.

Tesla- $418B Market Cap.

ExxonMobil- $145B Market Cap, and had net 2Q earnings of a negaitve 70 cents a share, and 3Q earnings of anegative 23 cents a share.
Chevron- $142B Market Cap, and had 2Q earnings of a negative $1.60 a share, and 3Q earnings of a negative 20 cents a share.

Again, tell me why my tax dollar should help subsize an economic juggernaunt like Tesla?  F--- Musk and Telsa.

Idiot:

--- Quote from: catfish1957 on October 16, 2020, 01:33:07 pm ---Oil industry is in dire straits, and is bleeding money. Check the finanicals and P/L statements.  furthermore,  Fuels is a infrastructure and national securithy  necessity.  Last I saw an Electic Car is not a national necessity.

Here is a few more financial facts that show how steep the ridiculous nature of Tesla's being a slug.

Tesla- $418B Market Cap.

ExxonMobil- $145B Market Cap, and had net 2Q earnings of a negaitve 70 cents a share, and 3Q earnings of anegative 23 cents a share.
Chevron- $142B Market Cap, and had 2Q earnings of a negative $1.60 a share, and 3Q earnings of a negative 20 cents a share.

Again, tell me why my tax dollar should help subsize an economic juggernaunt like Tesla?  F--- Musk and Telsa.

--- End quote ---
:yowsa:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version