Author Topic: Here are the weapons and gear that the US military's top special operators never leave home without  (Read 246 times)

rangerrebew

Here are the weapons and gear that the US military's top special operators never leave home without
Stavros Atlamazoglou
Oct 14, 2020, 7:30 PM

The Army's Delta Force, the Navy SEALs, and other members of the US military's special-operations forces are tasked with a wide variety of missions.

The weapons and gear those operators bring with them on those missions can vary, but whatever they bring with them, it packs a punch.

https://www.businessinsider.com/weapons-gear-used-by-us-military-special-operations-delta-seals-2020-10

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
American commandos, especially the SEAL Teams and Rangers, briefly fielded the FN SCAR because of long-range engagements in Afghanistan.

GD idiots keep trying to re-invent the wheel because new HAS to be better,right?

The US military can call FN in Belgium TODAY and just order a ship load of FN-FALS in 7mm Mauser,and be done with it.

Reliable as a rock,adjustable gas system to "fine tune" the rifle for hotter or weaker loads,and a fully developed system with literally decades of updates from users in the field.

Not only that,they can be bought for a fraction of what the "trendy" stuff the DOD are buying that at BEST doesn't work any better.

The troops getting in gun battles today need a rifle that is ultra-reliable,available IMMEDIATELY,fires a round powerful enough to shoot across canyons and still kill when the bullet gets there,that also fires a bullet that is a spire-point boattail that is both long enough and heavy enough to buck the cross-canyon winds,and to hit with lethal impact when it gets there.

The old 7x57 Mauser rifle cartridge was originally accepted by the German Army back in the late 1800's,and has been improved on ever since when new bullet designs and new powders and primers became available. It has,in effect,been "field tested" for more than 100 years. How is THAT for an effective test program?

It was THE most popular/common military rifle caliber worldwide from the 1890's to the 1970's,when 22 caliber rifles because popular due to short range shooting conditions in jungles.

So,in the traditional monkey-see,monkey do practice of the military and the people that run them,nations all over the world that have no jungles and who will never have their troops fight in a jungle,adopted the "mouse guns" because "everybody else is doing it".

We don't need any more American soldiers to lose their lives or the limbs because "everybody else is doing it".

It's time to save the US Taxpayers MILLIONS in development money,and the lives of US soldiers by simply going with what has been proven to work.

After all,no matter how many times you try to re-invent the wheel,you still end up with something that is round and rolls.

This crap REALLY ain't all that complicated.

Don't believe me? Ask any SF weapons guy you know what the standard US military rifle and caliber should be for the wars we are fighting today.

Save the taxpayers a TON of money while arming our troops with the best battle rifle for the non-jungle conditions they "work" in now.

We owe it to them.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2020, 01:31:58 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
BTW,while I am on the subject,GET RID OF ALL THOSE DAMN 9MM SQUIRT GUNS!

Yeah,I know they are trendy,look cool,and fire 7 million rounds a minute,but they are virtually useless for special operations missions like POW Snatches,which essentially,means they are totally useless in this day of full-auto weapons that are chambered in 5.56 mm.

Not that the 5.56mm is perfect for operations like POW snatches,either. They ain't. Too much velocity equals too much shock along with tissue and bone damage,and the SOB dies before you can get him to good medical care even if you shoot him in the kneecap.

I had a old WW-2 M-3 "Grease Gun" in 45 ACP caliber in VN for "special purpose missions" where something full-auto,small,and firing a heavy sub-sonic bullet . Sub-Sonic is important because sub-sonic rounds don't burn out suppressors as quickly  at the rounds that travel at more than 1,000 fps.

You pop somebody in the kneecap with a 230 grain GI Ball round,and I promise you that goober will be dropping to the ground RIGHT NOW,and there is zero danger of him running away.

IIRC,I once read it cost the US Military something like 3 dollars to manufacture a M-3 during WW-2. Due to inflation,let's say it would cost 50 bucks today to build the identical weapon,and WHY would we modify it when it worked perfectly as designed?

You get both massive savings as well as an ideal weapon for that sort of thing. Why re-invent the wheel when you already have the perfect tool that has already proven itself?

And while I am on this subject, QUIT SPENDING MILLIONS OF DOLLARS to foreign firms to manufacture and provide us with 9mm handguns. Know what a 9mm handgun round amounts to? A 45ACP round set on "stun".

Bring back the 1911A1 in it's proven and simple single-action design,give it to the troops,and TRAIN THEM THEM TO SAFELY CARRY AND USE THE DAMN THINGS!

This will even put Americans back to work, as they are an American design and will be manufactured here in the US.

Me and my greasegun in VN,1969. All dressed up with somewhere to go.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2020, 02:17:41 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!