Author Topic: THE 1619 PROJECT: DOWN, BUT FAR FROM OUT. Despite sustained criticism, this wretched New York Times  (Read 189 times)

rangerrebew

October 17, 2020

THE 1619 PROJECT: DOWN, BUT FAR FROM OUT. Despite sustained criticism, this wretched New York Times initiative is still being promoted in schools:

Soon after publication of the 1619 Project, leading authorities on American history spoke out and exposed its multiple factual errors and unsupported assertions. Five prominent historians penned a letter to the Times in December 2019, arguing against the project’s ‘displacement of historical understanding by ideology’. One was Sean Wilentz, a liberal historian at Princeton and author of No Property in Man, which explores the issue of slavery and the founding fathers. Wilentz recently told the Washington Post about his initial reaction to Hannah-Jones’ lead essay: ‘I threw the thing across the room, I was so astounded, because I ran across a paragraph on the American Revolution, and it was just factually wrong.’ Indeed, Wilentz and others find the essay’s central claim – that the colonists’ primary motivation in fighting the American Revolution was to maintain slavery – to be patently false.

https://pjmedia.com/instapundit/407390/

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
There still exist "segregation academies" down south that teach an old-style curricula based on the precepts of "Western Civilization". And I doubt much in the way of "wokeness" or political correctness ges taught in them.

We need those "up north", as well.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2020, 11:06:58 pm by Fishrrman »