Author Topic: McConnell shoots down $1.8 trillion coronavirus deal, breaking with Trump  (Read 260 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
McConnell shoots down $1.8 trillion coronavirus deal, breaking with Trump
By Jordain Carney - 10/15/20 01:54 PM EDT

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) on Thursday shot down the prospect of a coronavirus deal totaling between $1.8 trillion and $2.2 trillion — the goalposts of the current talks between Democrats and the White House.

McConnell's comments, made to reporters in Kentucky, underscore the divisions between President Trump and Senate Republicans on a fifth coronavirus package, with the GOP leader preparing to force a vote on a $500 billion bill next week.

“I don’t think so. That’s where the administration is willing to go. My members think half a trillion dollars, highly targeted, is the best way to go," McConnell said, asked about the prospect of a deal totally between $1.8 trillion and $2.2 trillion.

McConnell added that while a reporter was correct that there are negotiations ongoing between Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) and the White House about the higher price range, "that's not what I'm going to put on the floor."

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/521225-mcconnell-shoots-down-18-trillion-coronavirus-deal-breaking-with-trump
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34