Author Topic: Senator Cruz says Chief Justice John Roberts 'despises Donald Trump'  (Read 1792 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Senator Cruz says Chief Justice John Roberts 'despises Donald Trump'
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2020, 10:44:31 am »
I hope so too!

FWIW, if she rules well on Roe v. Wade and strikes down this terrible ruling I will try to temper any problems I have with other rulings.

@bilo

Judicial tyranny on the right is no better than judicial tyranny from the left.

SC Justices are supposed to serve the to protect the US Constitution and the Bill of Rights,not any personal or religious POV.

We ARE and always have been a secular nation,and we MUST remain that way if we are to remain a free nation and people.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Slide Rule

« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2020, 12:50:32 pm »
I think Cruz is right that the reason the Pubs fail so much in selecting judges who will remain faithful to the Constitution is they don't exclusively select nominees who have served in the executive branch, been under fire for their conservative beliefs, and remained true to those conservative beliefs. Instead, all too often Pubs select "stealth" candidates, or life long jurists who have never come under sharp media criticism.

Looking at Barrett I'm a little concerned she may be great on Roe v. Wade but not so conservative on other issues.

Sounds like Senator Cruz has uncovered what the Regressive Marxists have on Chief Justice Roberts. Cruz has given Roberts an excuse to retire from the Supremes.

He can take it and keep his supposed integrity intact or be exposed by details.

It would not surprise me if Roberts indicates a general disagreement with Trump and desires to spend more time with his family.

That would be what a proper Chief would do. I will let the editing to Roberts. Republicans will then line up as say nice things about him. That is, a warm good by.

Slide Rule

White, American, MAGA, 3% Neanderthal, and 97% Extreme Right Wing Conservative.

Recommended

J Boswell, The Life of Samuel Johnson
E Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
N Davies, Europe: A History
R Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
R Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
K Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies & The Logic of Scientific Discovery
A Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago, & Everything he wrote

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2020, 11:56:20 pm »
Interesting thread.

Chief Justice Roberts is a POS, but what should one expect as a Bush appointee.  Bush was no more conservative than Clinton.

I have zero expectations for Roberts, and I have not seen him adhere to the Constitution whatsoever.  One decision after another by Roberts has been politically driven.  We would never see it, but I am sure privately Bush regrets selecting Roberts.

And I have higher standards than some on this thread to the extent that ending Roe vs Wade would set right a wrong that has stood for nearly 50 years, and that one good act would not wipe out 1,000 aw shits in the meantime.  I expect justices to live and breath the Constitution, and not make it a living document that can morph at the will of political hacks.

And for those hopeful that Trump would drive off Roberts, or that Congress would grow a spine to bounce him from the court, or that he would retire for whatever reason, i.e. spend time with his adopted family, I say GET REAL.  That man will leave the same way the last political hack left, without a heart beat.  So if he is in good health, he could well be there until he is 100 years of age.  And I think he is 65 or so, so he is round for at least another full generation.  Ugggh.

Offline bilo

« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2020, 12:12:22 am »
@bilo

I see and agree with your point,but on the other hand,we don't want someone so dogmatic the only viewpoint they can see is their own.

SC Justices are supposed to rule on the law as it affects the US Constitution and the Bill of Rights,not their own personal POV,be it left OR right.

We are in agreement. If the SCOTUS had ruled honestly on Roe v. Wade the first time the issue of abortion would be dealt with on the State level. Like all things with the leftists they won't trust the voters to decide an issue, instead they will mandate  whatever they want from the courts.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline bilo

« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2020, 12:23:40 am »
@bilo

Judicial tyranny on the right is no better than judicial tyranny from the left.

SC Justices are supposed to serve the to protect the US Constitution and the Bill of Rights,not any personal or religious POV.

We ARE and always have been a secular nation,and we MUST remain that way if we are to remain a free nation and people.

You have this backwards. We were always a religious nation and our God given rights were protected by govt.. It's as we've become a non-religious nation that our liberties have increasingly been infringed upon and our culture has fallen into a cesspool.

Sometimes people confuse not having a State Religion with not being religious. It was the obligation of the govt. to insure the free exercise of religion not the end of it. Throughout our history numerous branches of Christianity had prospered as well as different branches of Judaism. Our Constitution and form of govt was draw from Christian Judeo values and Scripture itself. Scripture used to be taught in public Schools and the day began with prayer. Treating religion as a toxic element that must be separated from our public discourse has led to the decline we see today.   

Offline bilo

« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2020, 12:25:19 am »

Sounds like Senator Cruz has uncovered what the Regressive Marxists have on Chief Justice Roberts. Cruz has given Roberts an excuse to retire from the Supremes.

He can take it and keep his supposed integrity intact or be exposed by details.

It would not surprise me if Roberts indicates a general disagreement with Trump and desires to spend more time with his family.

I wouldn't hold my breath.
That would be what a proper Chief would do. I will let the editing to Roberts. Republicans will then line up as say nice things about him. That is, a warm good by.

Slide Rule

Offline bilo

« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2020, 12:33:53 am »
Interesting thread.

Chief Justice Roberts is a POS, but what should one expect as a Bush appointee.  Bush was no more conservative than Clinton.

I have zero expectations for Roberts, and I have not seen him adhere to the Constitution whatsoever.  One decision after another by Roberts has been politically driven.  We would never see it, but I am sure privately Bush regrets selecting Roberts.

And I have higher standards than some on this thread to the extent that ending Roe vs Wade would set right a wrong that has stood for nearly 50 years, and that one good act would not wipe out 1,000 aw shits in the meantime.  I expect justices to live and breath the Constitution, and not make it a living document that can morph at the will of political hacks.

And for those hopeful that Trump would drive off Roberts, or that Congress would grow a spine to bounce him from the court, or that he would retire for whatever reason, i.e. spend time with his adopted family, I say GET REAL.  That man will leave the same way the last political hack left, without a heart beat.  So if he is in good health, he could well be there until he is 100 years of age.  And I think he is 65 or so, so he is round for at least another full generation.  Ugggh.

Couldn't agree with you more. Our problem is the leftists that get appointed have no issue with ignoring the Constitution, precedent, or the plain meaning of a law they are ruling on. So Pubs try to appoint people that are sound on the law and say they will rule based on the law. As a result we end up with garbage like Souter and even Roberts. I think Cruz is spot on in the things he wants to see from a nominee. If they've been under critical scrutiny from the left and haven't wavered we have better odds of seeing strict constructionists turn the court around.

Who knows with luck Trump may get to nominate a 4th justice in his 2nd term. So far his track record has been better than most Pub POTUS.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2020, 12:43:32 am »
Sneakin' Pete postulates:
"Judicial tyranny on the right is no better than judicial tyranny from the left."

I can state unequivocally that if given a choice, I much prefer the "tyranny on the right", thank you very much, Pete.

And I really DO mean that, exactly as posted.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2020, 05:16:58 am »
Sneakin' Pete postulates:
"Judicial tyranny on the right is no better than judicial tyranny from the left."

I can state unequivocally that if given a choice, I much prefer the "tyranny on the right", thank you very much, Pete.

And I really DO mean that, exactly as posted.

@Fishrrman

At least you are  honest about it,no matter how wrong you are.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2020, 02:29:31 pm »
Roberts whored the great whore to legitimize Obamacare, I couldn't believe he made it to the Supreme Court !  Can YOU?
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2020, 02:36:21 pm »
Roberts whored the great whore to legitimize Obamacare, I couldn't believe he made it to the Supreme Court !  Can YOU?

I don't understand how he was immediately made the "Chief Justice", being the 'rookie' among them.

Welcome to TBR!   :beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2020, 04:04:44 pm »
I don't understand how he was immediately made the "Chief Justice", being the 'rookie' among them.

Welcome to TBR!   :beer:

@DCPatriot

I do. The majority of the SC Justices were appointed by "out" leftists or that RINO Boy Jorge, who nominated his homo pal. They were all too old to control the board for long,so they gave the MUCH younger new guy the crown.