Author Topic: ‘This is Digital Civil War’: NY Post Editor Fumes After Facebook and Twitter Censor Biden Bombshell  (Read 1089 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
‘This is Digital Civil War’: NY Post Editor Fumes After Facebook and Twitter Censor Biden Bombshell
By Debra Heine
October 14, 2020

Both Facebook and Twitter are censoring a bombshell story in the New York Post that implicates Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden and his ne’er-do-well son Hunter Biden in major corruption involving Ukraine.

Blockbuster emails from Hunter Biden’s laptop reveal that he introduced his father, then-Vice President Joe Biden, to a Ukrainian energy executive.

Sohrab Ahmari, the op-ed editor for the Post expressed outrage on Twitter over the censorship, calling it a “Big Tech information coup” and a “digital civil war.”

“I, an editor at The New York Post, one of the nation’s largest papers by circulation, can’t post one of our own stories that details corruption by a major-party presidential candidate, Biden,” said Ahmari.

Sohrab Ahmari
@SohrabAhmari
This is a Big Tech information coup. This is digital civil war.

I, an editor at The New York Post, one of the nation’s largest papers by circulation, can’t post one of our own stories that details corruption by a major-party presidential candidate, Biden.

Facebook’s communication’s director Andy Stone announced earlier Wednesday that Facebook was “reducing distribution” of Hunter Biden bombshell while it is being “fact checked” by their “fact-checking partners.”

more
https://amgreatness.com/2020/10/14/this-is-digital-civil-war-ny-post-editor-fumes-after-facebook-and-twitter-censor-biden-bombshell/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mountaineer

Facebook Is Now Officially Censoring The New York Post’s Hunter Biden Bombshell
October 14, 2020 By Jordan Davidson

Facebook announced it will halt distribution of the New York Post’s breaking news detailing the discovery of emails concerning Hunter Biden’s foreign business dealings, even before the story is “independently fact-checked.”

The Post’s story details the discovery of a MacBook Pro with a “Beau Biden Foundation” sticker on it containing incriminating emails demonstrating that, despite his repeated denial, Democratic Presidential Nominee Joe Biden was both aware of and involved in some of Hunter’s Ukrainian business dealings.

Andy Stone, Facebook’s policy communications director and former staffer for multiple Democratic PACs and Congresspeople, announced the censorship on Twitter Wednesday morning, shortly after the publication of the story.

“While I will intentionally not link to the New York Post, I want be clear that this story is eligible to be fact checked by Facebook’s third-party fact checking partners. In the meantime, we are reducing its distribution on our platform,” Stone tweeted. ...  The Federalist
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Hoodat

Kamala Harris Wants To Ban Trump From Twitter, And Her Former Spokesman Is Now Twitter’s Top Censorship Flak

AUGUST 12, 2020 By Tristan Justice

California Democratic Sen. Kamala Harris spent more time during the Democratic primary on a crusade to ban President Donald Trump from Twitter than she did defending her criminal justice record. Now, the California senator has made a re-entry into the presidential race as former Vice President Joe Biden’s running mate, and with friends in high places at the social media giant.

Nick Pacilio, served as Harris’ communications director from 2013 – 2014 when she was still California attorney general, and now works as Twitter’s senior communications manager and has been with the company for more than five years.

https://thefederalist.com/2020/08/12/kamala-harris-wants-to-ban-trump-from-twitter-and-her-former-spokesman-is-now-twitters-top-censor/

So the person at Twitter in charge of this censorship decision is the former communications director for Biden's VP pick.  Gee, no conflict there.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online mountaineer

G  @stevensongs
This Day in History

8:08 PM · Oct 14, 2020

:silly:

Offline skeeter

If this were a just world on Nov 3rd Biden would drag Twitter and Facebook into obscurity with him.

Offline aligncare

The first thing an invading army does is seize the country’s means of communication—newspapers, television stations, radio, and in today’s context, internet technology companies.

The Left—BLM (the renamed Black Panthers) and ANTIFA—have been engaged in a stealth invasion since the sixties. Something must be done about the media that promotes these groups. The Fouth Estate has become America’s fifth column and must be dealt with as such.

rangerrebew

BREAKING: Facebook and Twitter REMOVE Bombshell Story On Hunter Biden Emails
By
patriotsignal
October 14, 2020

(Breitbart) – Facebook has reduced the distribution of a New York Post story containing bombshell information indicating that — contrary to his previous denials — Joe Biden allegedly did meet with an adviser to the board of Burisma while he was vice president, arranged by his son Hunter, who was then working as a lobbyist for the company. Twitter followed suit soon after, labeling links to the story “unsafe.”

The story made the front page of the Post, which also reveals that the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee is investigating emails provided to it by a whistleblower, allegedly between Hunter Biden and executives at Burisma.

His father has previously said, “I have never spoken to my son about his overseas business dealings.”

https://patriotsignal.com/breaking-facebook-and-twitter-remove-bombshell-story-on-hunter-biden-emails/

Offline skeeter

Anyone with an account should post the story. Bury the censors.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

I believe we are witnessing the beginning of the end for these two monopolies.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online roamer_1

I believe we are witnessing the beginning of the end for these two monopolies.

That's right. There's a silver lining in things like these. It is becoming commonplace to receive links to brighteon and bitchute... Specifically because those things at those links have been censored.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
There's a lot of talk about the social media platforms' censorship backfiring on them...comparing it to something known as "The Streisand Effect".

Streisand effect
The Streisand effect is a social phenomenon that occurs when an attempt to hide, remove, or censor information has the unintended consequence of further publicizing that information, often via the Internet.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Streisand_effect
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online mountaineer

The first thing an invading army does is seize the country’s means of communication—newspapers, television stations, radio, and in today’s context, internet technology companies.

The Left—BLM (the renamed Black Panthers) and ANTIFA—have been engaged in a stealth invasion since the sixties. Something must be done about the media that promotes these groups. The Fouth Estate has become America’s fifth column and must be dealt with as such.
One of the things that jumped out at me when reading the Victor Klemperer book, I Will Bear Witness (a Jewish man's diary of 1933-45 Dresden, Germany), was how early in the Third Reich the Nazis seized the Jews' typewriters from their homes. They didn't want anyone sending letters or disseminating newsletters to let others what was happening.

That 1935 typewriter is a 2020 social media account.

Online DCPatriot

The only feasible way to curtail this immediately is to notify Twitter and Facebook et al, that they will be fined $1B each hour that this continues.

...was going to suggest $1 Billion each day, but these Tech Giants would be able to absorb a $19B fine (until Election Day)

The only other alternative is to immediately shut them down entirely, but the optics would be impossible for the President and feed right into the Left's strategy.

We're at war, folks.

If it were up to me, I'd drag the SOBs out of their houses in the middle of the night...the owners...the Boards of Directors...ALL OF THEM.

Then I would do an Allende on them.

Water that Tree of Liberty ....NOW!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online mountaineer

And right on cue, Facebook and Tw!tter both logged me out between a few hours ago and now, even though I didn't shut down my computer or log off on my own.

Online mountaineer

Another day, another Hunter Biden story, more Twitter censorship:
Twitter Censors Again: Blocks Second New York Post Story On Hunter Biden Seeking Cash From Chinese Firm
October 15, 2020
 By Jordan Davidson

Twitter continued its purge of the New York Post’s string of bombshell stories about Hunter Biden by censoring their most recent reporting: an article outlining how the former vice president’s son pursued deals with one of China’s largest energy companies in an attempt to cash in “for me and my family.”

The New York Post story alleges that some of the Chinese executives involved in the deal “had ties to the Chinese military and intelligence service.” ...

Despite Twitter’s previous claims that the information the New York Post obtained violated their hacked materials, this most recent story contains no personal phone numbers, email addresses, or anything outlined in that policy. ...
More from The Federalist

Online mountaineer

This may be the most heavy-handed, clumsy attempt at censorship in history.
Twitter Locks Jack Posobiec Out of Account over Hunter Biden Meme
Tom Ciccotta
15 Oct 2020

Conservative commentator Jack Posobiec was locked out of his Twitter account on Wednesday evening after he shared a meme based on the bombshell New York Post report about Joe and Hunter Biden that was widely censored by Facebook and Twitter throughout the day.

Breitbart News reported on Wednesday that Twitter censored a story from the New York Post that allegedly revealed that Hunter Biden arranged a meeting between Joe Biden and an adviser to the board of Burisma. Many Twitter users were blocked by the platform when attempting to share the report on Wednesday.

Posobiec was suspended after sharing a meme with photos of Hunter Biden that were sourced directly from the New York Post article. According to screenshots provided by Posobiec, Twitter told him that he would only regain access to his account if he deleted the tweet. ...

The meme shared by Posobiec shows four pictures of Hunter Biden from the Post report, mockingly listing which social media platform the picture would be appropriate for:  ...
More at Breitbart

Online mountaineer

Ajit Pai @AjitPaiFCC
I intend to move forward with an @FCC rulemaking to clarify the meaning of #Section230.
Read my full statement below.

2:30 PM · Oct 15, 2020

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
aligncare wrote:
"The Left—BLM (the renamed Black Panthers) and ANTIFA—have been engaged in a stealth invasion since the sixties. Something must be done about the media that promotes these groups. The Fourth Estate has become America’s fifth column and must be dealt with as such."

Please take a few moments to read this post I put up a few days' back:
http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,416198.msg2297510.html#msg2297510

Offline Hoodat

Tweet not sent.

Your Tweet couldn't be sent because
this link has been identified by Twitter
or our partners as being potentially
harmful to Joe Biden's campaign.
Visit our help center to learn more.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online DCPatriot