Author Topic: CDC Study Finds Overwhelming Majority Of People Getting Coronavirus Wore Masks  (Read 10855 times)

Offline Hoodat

Even at the peak of the pandemic, New York recognized that 2/3 of infections came in the home... where no masks are worn, and the ability to regulate is next to none.

Just wait until they fit Alexa with a hidden camera.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline LegalAmerican

Just wait until they fit Alexa with a hidden camera.

Already done. Same with your microwave, refrigerator, computer.  et al

Offline roamer_1

Already done. Same with your microwave, refrigerator, computer.  et al

No.

Offline LegalAmerican

No.

YES.  You need to have all, with computer chips and not the old ICE BOX....you have.  Alexa listens to your conversation, even when you think it is off.  2019.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
« Last Edit: October 19, 2020, 04:06:04 am by LegalAmerican »

Offline roamer_1

YES.  You need to have all, with computer chips and not the old ICE BOX....you have.  Alexa listens to your conversation, even when you think it is off.  2019.

No. I realize there are machines coming out that work with AI... IoT... But no. I take a ton of stuff apart all the time. I fix things for a living, and buy smalls to fix and sell... I have NEVER found a camera in a microwave or a fridge.

With the obvious exception of laptops, phones and tablets, I am in computers every day, and NO, there are not hidden cams or mikes in your computer.

And Alexa don't listen to a damn thing in my house. Because Alexa ain't around here. Cortana is shut off in every Win10 box, So the only AI in the house is Giggles Asisstant in my phone and tablet - And neither one of them work if the phone is <OFF> Nor do they work when the phone is asleep.

So stop with the dopey tinfoil nonsense.
CAN you buy that crap? Maybe so. but there are PLENTY (the lion's share) that don't have any of it.

And even if it DOES, clip the mike and cam. Fixed. Hang a cover over the camand a padded cover over the mike. Fixed sommore.

Offline DB

No. I realize there are machines coming out that work with AI... IoT... But no. I take a ton of stuff apart all the time. I fix things for a living, and buy smalls to fix and sell... I have NEVER found a camera in a microwave or a fridge.

With the obvious exception of laptops, phones and tablets, I am in computers every day, and NO, there are not hidden cams or mikes in your computer.

And Alexa don't listen to a damn thing in my house. Because Alexa ain't around here. Cortana is shut off in every Win10 box, So the only AI in the house is Giggles Asisstant in my phone and tablet - And neither one of them work if the phone is <OFF> Nor do they work when the phone is asleep.

So stop with the dopey tinfoil nonsense.
CAN you buy that crap? Maybe so. but there are PLENTY (the lion's share) that don't have any of it.

And even if it DOES, clip the mike and cam. Fixed. Hang a cover over the camand a padded cover over the mike. Fixed sommore.

Some new refrigerators have cameras on the inside... So you can connect remotely and see what you need to restock... And yes, no Alexa, Cortana or Siri allowed in this house short of the cell phones.

The one item people have to be careful of is smart TVs. Some do have cameras so the user can make jesters to control it. Don't like that at all. I make sure the TVs I buy don't have that "feature". I also look for any possible camera locations on the ones I buy and have never found one.

Offline LegalAmerican

Some new refrigerators have cameras on the inside... So you can connect remotely and see what you need to restock... And yes, no Alexa, Cortana or Siri allowed in this house short of the cell phones.

The one item people have to be careful of is smart TVs. Some do have cameras so the user can make jesters to control it. Don't like that at all. I make sure the TVs I buy don't have that "feature". I also look for any possible camera locations on the ones I buy and have never found one.

Black & white movie.  1984.  Scary. 

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I must note that the vast majority of the disposable masks I have seen are made in....

China.

Hmmmm.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
IF masks worked at filtering a virus the is so contagious and so deadly, then why aren't the used masks considered a biohazard?  Where are all the biohazard disposal bins?
Putting biohazard bins everywhere and encouraging people to get within six feet of them by dumping their waste on top of everyone else's would itself be a biohazard, just like a toilet plume. You drop a flat mask into a container enclosed on all sides except the top, the droplets everyone else's masks collected (which can last for days in a dark, humid environment) get stirred up, and all that infected, droplet-filled air goes right up into your face.

PPE should, whenever possible, NOT be disposed of in public, but at home. Public biohazard bins would make the situation worse.

This is why you don't get your arguments from Facebook memes.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline DB

Putting biohazard bins everywhere and encouraging people to get within six feet of them by dumping their waste on top of everyone else's would itself be a biohazard, just like a toilet plume. You drop a flat mask into a container enclosed on all sides except the top, the droplets everyone else's masks collected (which can last for days in a dark, humid environment) get stirred up, and all that infected, droplet-filled air goes right up into your face.

PPE should, whenever possible, NOT be disposed of in public, but at home. Public biohazard bins would make the situation worse.

I just love the people who get violent with people who aren't wearing a mask... In addition they often pull their own mask down to yell at the other person. If they really feared the virus and thought masks worked they would avoid people without a mask. They would stay well away in fear of catching it.

But they do the exact opposite. They get in their face and physically make contact with them either striking them or trying to drag them out of wherever they are. That should tell you a lot about the true nature of it all. They wouldn't do that if they really feared catching a deadly virus.

Offline RetBobbyMI

Ballot drop boxes = biohazard ☣️ disposal boxes
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline roamer_1

Some new refrigerators have cameras on the inside... So you can connect remotely and see what you need to restock...

Right... As I said, SOME few AI/IoT ready... But by far and away, that is in the 'feature' realm, and adds expense, so the folks that DO buy it, WANT it. MOST appliances do not have such ridiculous complication. Your average refrigerator is nothing but.

And yes, no Alexa, Cortana or Siri allowed in this house short of the cell phones.

Right. I was very late to the smart phone game BECAUSE  I didn't want an open mike... Now I use Giggles Assistant, because it is easier for me than hauling out my glasses every thime to see the dang phone. That is my CHOICE. Giggles can be disabled with ease.

Right. I don't do smart, and I am aware that SOME do have cams and mikes - But again they aren't hidden. you know you are buying that and are probably buying that ON PURPOSE, because it costs more. Mine are all basically big-ass monitors serving a computer, so the smart in the one I do have (found free and fixed), the smart is disabled. And it has no cam or mike. There ARE such things as pinhole cams and mikes that are easy to miss if not looking for them, but that ain't easy to miss looking from the INSIDE. And I have been inside a ton of computers, TVs, microwaves and other appliances, and those things are not there.

It's hokey-tooter tinfoil-hattery nonsense.

Offline LegalAmerican

Ballot drop boxes = biohazard ☣️ disposal boxes

I like that idea.  Put in my mask.  The same mask I wear under my chin for the last 4 months, so some LEFTS are "happy'. 
lol.

Offline mountaineer

Senator Rand Paul @RandPaul
To the scolds blaming ⁦@realDonaldTrump⁩ infection on not wearing mask: the only published randomized clinical study of cloth masks shows 97% penetration of particles & higher infection rate than control.  But never mind, it’s all about submission...
A cluster randomised trial of cloth masks compared with medical masks in healthcare workers
2:26 PM · Oct 19, 2020·
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline DB

Senator Rand Paul @RandPaul
To the scolds blaming ⁦@realDonaldTrump⁩ infection on not wearing mask: the only published randomized clinical study of cloth masks shows 97% penetration of particles & higher infection rate than control.  But never mind, it’s all about submission...
A cluster randomised trial of cloth masks compared with medical masks in healthcare workers
2:26 PM · Oct 19, 2020·

Yep...

Actual science doesn't support the mask Nazis...

Offline Hoodat

Some new refrigerators have cameras on the inside... So you can connect remotely and see what you need to restock...

A HA!  So the light DOES stay on when you close the door.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline roamer_1

How do you know even yet? the vid could be automatically digitally enhanced to SEEM like the light stays on...

Offline Hoodat

Don't blow my high, Roamer.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline roamer_1

Offline PeteS in CA

My home computer has built-in camera and microphone. The latter can be turned off and a Post-It will take care of the former.

Our fridge's fanciest feature is LED light bars that make things easier to see than would a 15W "appliance" bulb. It is "computer chip" controlled, probably a microcontroller, which is a limited capability application specific microprocessor. No camera.

Every microwave we've owned since 1980 has had a "computer chip". Possibly excepting our first I'm sure all had/have microcontrollers (though the first might've had an 8031 or 8051). No camera.

Our TV is an "old" 740p plasma dumb TV that works too well to throw away. No camera, though I'm sure it has a microcontroller.

Pretty sure our washer and dryer are run by microcontrollers. If you have a modern pacemaker or hearing aids ...
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline DB

My home computer has built-in camera and microphone. The latter can be turned off and a Post-It will take care of the former.

Our fridge's fanciest feature is LED light bars that make things easier to see than would a 15W "appliance" bulb. It is "computer chip" controlled, probably a microcontroller, which is a limited capability application specific microprocessor. No camera.

Every microwave we've owned since 1980 has had a "computer chip". Possibly excepting our first I'm sure all had/have microcontrollers (though the first might've had an 8031 or 8051). No camera.

Our TV is an "old" 740p plasma dumb TV that works too well to throw away. No camera, though I'm sure it has a microcontroller.

Pretty sure our washer and dryer are run by microcontrollers. If you have a modern pacemaker or hearing aids ...

Microcontrollers have been in just about everything electronic with much complexity since the mid 80's I'd guess. As you suggest, no reason to fear them. The first microcontroller I wrote code for was an an 8748 (an 8048 with EEPROM built in) back in the mid 80's...

Offline LegalAmerican

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

Age old question.

Tell a woman she’s beautiful a hundred times and she won’t believe you. Tell a woman she’s fat once and she will remember it for the rest of her life because elephants never forget.

If she would only stop opening the fridge door the light would be out and I wouldn't be divorced!

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I just love the people who get violent with people who aren't wearing a mask... In addition they often pull their own mask down to yell at the other person. If they really feared the virus and thought masks worked they would avoid people without a mask. They would stay well away in fear of catching it.

But they do the exact opposite. They get in their face and physically make contact with them either striking them or trying to drag them out of wherever they are. That should tell you a lot about the true nature of it all. They wouldn't do that if they really feared catching a deadly virus.

That is because angry people do stupid things. Thought gets shunted aside by the Limbic brain, and the 'fight or flight' response takes over.  They already decided to fight.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline DB

That is because angry people do stupid things. Thought gets shunted aside by the Limbic brain, and the 'fight or flight' response takes over.  They already decided to fight.

I agree with much of that. But the vast majority of these instances of violence the flight option was readily available. They chose violent contact with someone they claim was a mortal threat to them. Making physical contact with an infected person dramatically raises the risk of catching it. I have to believe the motivations involves well more than fear of a "deadly virus". That if offers a justified opportunity to put the beat down on someone they believe belongs to another party that they hate.